返回列表 发帖

关于cover letter

在申请一加国学校时,在简历栏处要求提供cover letter和resume,请问,此处的cover letter 是求职信吗,还是别申请材料的总结什么的,不知如何写,请指教
收藏 分享

关于cover letter,你要看每个学校的具体要求。

一般来说,与求职信有很多类似之处,但又不相同。比如MIT的coverletter就涵盖了WHy MBA 和Career Goal, Why This School的essay.

你可以拿这所学校的cover letter 当样板。

估计要求cover letter的,就不会再有以上这三篇essay 了
Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

要求写COVERLETTER得商学院不是很多吧?

As so many friends got interested in cover letter, I'd like to give my opinions as well as some samples here.

Effective cover letters explain the reasons for your interest in the organization and identify your most relevant skills or experiences. They should express a high level of interest and knowledge about the position you are applying for.

So, don't just borrow a cover letter sample and edit it. Rather, take the time the time to make sure the cover letter explains how your skills relate to the criteria listed in the job posting. Your cover letter is your first, and best, chance to sell the hiring manager on your candidacy for employment so make sure it's perfect!

Here's some sample cover letters to give you an idea of what effective cover letters should look like. Again, don't limit yourself to the ideas presented in these samples

Sample 2a: Cover Letter 87 Washington Street Hopedale, NY 11233 (518) 555-5555 email Date Ms. Nancy Smith Susan Ray, Inc. 578 Main Avenue Yonkers, NY 10701Dear Ms. Smith: The description you posted for a studio assistant parallels my interests and qualifications perfectly. With my background in art and psychology, I am confident that I would make a very successful and creative studio assistant in your firm. Having worked for the non-profit organization CityArts, I have been exposed to a number of aspects of the art world. My experience as artist assistant at the Museum of African Art demonstrates my capability of working with others through the creative process of production while meeting the challenges presented to me. Also, my education in psychology has allowed me to learn the nuances of people and has enabled me with good investigative and analytical skills that will suit your needs for customer assistance. I would like the opportunity to make a substantial contribution by exploring the business of applied art through your design firm. I would like the chance to integrate both my imaginative and inquisitive aptitudes through this experience. I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to further discuss my candidacy and will call next week to see if we might arrange a time to speak. Thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely, Signature FirstName LastName

Sample Cover Letter #3

Your Name Your Address Your City, State, Zip Code Your Phone Number Your Email Date Name Title Organization Address City, State, Zip Code Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:

I am interested in the assistant position advertised in XXX. I am currently employed as Legislative Director for Assemblywoman XXXX, Chairperson of the NYS Assembly XXX. I accepted this position because of the emphasis on the writing and research skills which are applicable to your requirements for an author抯 assistant. My experience in the NYS Assembly has afforded me the opportunity to become familiar with the consolidated and unconsolidated laws of the State of New York. I also have extensive experience in legal and policy research.

In my position as Legislative Director for Ms. XXX I prepare her personal legislation which deals with issues relative to her position as Senior Member of the NYS Assembly Standing Committee on XXXX. In as much as she is Chairperson of the XXX Committee I am, of course, heavily involved in the current welfare and medicaid reform movement.

In response to your search for a part-time assistant, I believe my experience in the Legislature, and my research and writing skills qualify me for consideration. If you would like, I can provide with current samples with my work.

To further acquaint you with the specifics of my background I am enclosing my resume. I hope you will consider me for this position. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing my qualifications in more detail.

Sincerely, Your Signature Your Typed Name

Sample 1a: Cover Letter

FirstName LastName 87 Washington Street Hopedale, NY 11233 518-555-5555 email Date Mr. John Doe A.T. Kiley 222 West Dover Street Chicago, IL 60606Dear Mr. Doe: I had the extraordinary opportunity to work closely these past two years with Jane Smith, an A.T. Kiley consultant in the Higher Education Practice, as a member of XYZ University's Presidential Search Committee. This was my first exposure to the consulting profession, and I think it is a perfect match for someone with my academic record, communication and leadership skills, and drive to succeed in a collegial and team-oriented environment.

In my curricular, co-curricular and professional achievements during the past four years I have shown initiative, creativity in problem solving and a commitment to building consensus and excellence throughout our college community and in a variety of settings. As an intern in the Office of the U.S. Deputy Secretary of Education, I worked with the Senior Advising team to provide accurate, effective and concise statistical and anecdotal data to a variety of constituents in order to support legislative proposals concerning the condition of America's public schools. I combined the written and oral skills I have gained from courses in American Studies and Government with quantitative and analytical training in a high intensity environment.

As Vice President of Academic Affairs for the Student Government Association and a student representative on several college committees (including the one which nominated the sixth President of XYZ University), I have learned:

to use language precisely and effectively to articulate myself to a range of audiences the value of integrity and persistence in working toward short- and long-term personal and institutional goals

The opportunity to effect positive change for a range of institutions is the most attractive aspect of consulting for me. Employees have described A.T. Kiley as "down to earth" and as having an "open culture." I feel lucky to have been part of a college community whose openness has allowed for measured risks and the candor necessary to achieve its goals, and I hope to begin my career in a similarly rigorous and collegial environment where can I learn from industry leaders. I look forward to exploring further my opportunities at A.T. Kiley and will call next week to see if it is possible to arrange an interview.

Sincerely, Signature FirstName LastName

Sample 3: Cover Letter Ms. First Name Last Name Title Company Street Address City, State, Zip Date Ms. First Name Last Name Title Company Street Address City, State, Zip I would like to express my interest in an entry-level analyst position with Company. Throughout my job search and conversations with investment advisors I have come to respect the professionalism that characterizes your firm and its employees. I am confident that the Company team抯 values and objectives would highly compliment my own strengths and enthusiasm. I would like to be considered for your Investment Banking Analyst Program, or another position that requires refined analytical and communication skills.

I was impressed to learn of Company抯 recent acquisition of Hambrecht Group, a tactic which I see as indicative of Company抯 commitment to achieving growth and success in the future. Innovative and exciting approaches such as this, coupled with Company抯 highly regarded Analyst Program, convinced me that Company is the ideal environment to begin my business career.

Evidence of my leadership and analytical skills can be seen in my responsibilities as analyst intern at Company, and my commitment to my academics. My educational background in government and business, combined with my internship experiences, has been excellent preparation for a career with Company.

Please review the enclosed resume and references and consider my application for your Investment Banking Analyst program. I would appreciate the opportunity to come to New York to meet with you and explore the environment, as well as possible job opportunities at Company. I will call your office next week to discuss these possibilities. I look forward to exchanging ideas with you concerning a career at Company and the positive contributions I would offer as a member of your organization.

Sincerely, Signature FirstName LastName

Sample: Cover Letter Education FirstName LastName 87 Washington Street Smithfield, CA 08055 555-555-5555 (h) 123-123-1234 (c) email Date Mr. John Doe Smithfield Elementary School Main Street Smithfield, CA 08055 Dear Mr. Doe,

I am interested in applying for a teaching position, on the elementary level, in your school district. As a 200X graduate of XXX College, I have student teaching experience on the third and sixth grade level, in both suburban and urban school districts.

At the present time I am teaching 揳t risk?preschool children. This position enables me to provide these students with a 揾ead start?in mastering basic skills. I am challenged to be creative, nurturing and most of all, patient.

In my junior year at XXX College, a passion for, and knowledge of horses created an opportunity for me work for the Racing Museum. This position allowed me to teach every fourth grade class, in the local school system. I coordinated field trips with classroom instruction.

It is my goal to combine my range of experience with my ability to be a compassionate, enthusiastic, intelligent teacher. One who will make a positive contribution to your school district. I would welcome an interview and hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely, Signature

FirstName LastName

Sample: Cover Letter Education/Alternative Education FirstName LastName 87 Washington Street Smithfield, CA 08055 555-555-5555 (h) 123-123-1234 (c) email Date Mr. John Doe Smithfield Elementary School Main Street Smithfield, CA 08055 Dear Mr. Doe,

Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. I am applying for the Prevention Educator position because I am looking to use my degree in Elementary Education in combination with my Concentration in Sociology in an alternative way to a traditional teaching position.

I have had the opportunities to work with children and adults of all ages and abilities during my student teaching for XXX College, substitute teaching in local districts, as a Museum Educator and also as the assistant trainer at a local riding stable. I am seeking a career that will allow me to continue working with people in many different ways. I hope you will find that I am qualified for the position you are trying to fill.

If I can provide you with any further information on my background and qualifications, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX or via email at xxxx@cacap.rr.com.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review my resume.

Sincerely, Signature

FirstName LastName

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看