返回列表 发帖

[申请攻略] [转帖]Wharton对中国MBA申请人的录取政策--Wharton MBA admission policy

Wharton专门负责录取的Thomas就Wharton对中国学生录取的政策回答了我一些问题,我摘录一些大家关心的:

To your points below, our strategy on China has not changed, per se, in that we still seek to admit the best and brightest students, and we make no special allowances based on demographic goals.  I am adamant that every person must earn his or her spot in Wharton- our commitment to the tradition of performance over pedigree will never waver.

That said, we have definitely increased our outreach efforts in China.  For example, I traveled to Shanghai this summer to meet with the heads of many of China's top local MBA programs to share best practices.  I also sat on a panel on Admissions prior to the World MBA Tour, and spent four hours answering candidate questions at the actual fair.  I will also be doing the receptions in Beijing and Shanghai this September (sign-ups will be posted shortly on our website, and if you can help notify the applicant pool when the registration is live I would appreciate it greatly).

The simple fact is that China is under-represented at Wharton in terms of population, GDP, etc., but it will take a steady effort to increase both the quantity and quality of applications over time to change that.  Numbers of students rise and fall each year based on the ebb and tide of application quality.  Some years a country will be over-represented, other years there will be low numbers.  Of course, higher numbers of students, if they are active (as you are), can have an impact on future admits as they can reach out and better prepare applicants for the Wharton admissions process.

最后,他提醒大家申请的时候好好想清楚Why MBA, Why Now, Why Wharton, and Short Term/Long Term Goals...,努力去figure out录取系统是没有作用的.

[此贴子已经被admin于2007-8-9 9:59:48编辑过]

收藏 分享

thank you for sharing!

very important information!

thanks!

hope it better this year!

Thank you,it helps a lot!

QUOTE:
以下是引用smilingfish在2006-12-7 23:33:00的发言:
hope it better this year!

support!

努力去figure out录取系统是没有作用的.

totally agree!

扩招大陆学生才是正路!

yes, it's more fair to enroll more chinese students!

support!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看