返回列表 发帖
6.        Topic: Inventions such as eyeglasses and sewing machine have had an important effect on our lives. Choose another invention that you think is important. Give specific reasons for your choice.
I ride bicycle to go to work every day and have a deep impression that the bicycle is very convenient in our daily life. Beijing is called a city of bicycles. There are various kinds of bicycles from small to big ones ridden in all sots of streets. My director, Professor Li, began to learn riding a bicycle last year when she was fifty-three years old, and now she can ride her small bike to go to and back from the laboratory everyday.
The bicycle lets us go anywhere nearby easily. In China, there are not any private cars since an ordinary family can afford it. Bicycles can save time and make the owners quicker when traffic jam occurs in rush hours or any other troublesome periods.
Usually, riding a bicycle can do favor to a person’s health. In modern times, life is very busy and time seems limited. Using the time of riding a bike to train one’s body is a good way to follow.
In the beautiful seasons of spring and autumn, riding a bicycle to travel and appreciate the natural views is a wonderful experience. We can see buds on the tree branches, flowers in bloom, blue sky with white cloud and so on. With the breezing kissing our faces, it’s a feeling beyond description.
Comparing with cars, riding a bicycle has no environment problems. It is harmless to the air and people’s health. On the other hand, it saves energy and parking places. And it has less possibility of traffic jam than driving a car. Bicycle has been important in human life throughout the period after it was invented. I believe it will still be very necessary in the future.

[em19][em19][em19][em19][em19]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-2 13:55:06编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

5.        Topic: Some people think that family is the most important influence on young adults. Others people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. Which do you think is the most important influence? Give specific reasons for your answer.
The process of growing up is very complex for every person, Among countless factors which influence a person’s growth, there are two conspicuous aspects: the family and the friends. After one is born, the first and nearest surrounding is the family in which he will grow up. So family does play a significant role in shaping children’s inclination and character. While on the other hand, almost as soon as a child becomes old enough to communicate with other children, he begins having friends, who sometimes influence him more rapidly than do families. Then as far as I am concerned, both of their influences are indispensable for children’s growth.
Several centuries ago, there in Europe has a famous family: Bernoullis. This family is distinguished by its scientific contribution to the world. It brought up more than 20 great scientists and mathematicians so that there are so many formula and laws titled with the name: Bernoullis. It is a convincing example to demonstrate the important of the family.. Because the family is children’s most direct source of knowledge and other experience, those who are brought up in good family tend to possess many pleasant characters, and vise versa.
If we say that family offer the environment of living, friends play another important part in shaping the child. They are connections between the child and the society. By associating with friends one can gradually get into the society and become sociable. To some extent, man is sociable creature so that children should understand the society, get used to it, and get pleasure out of it. To this point, friends would help. As for me, I have lots of friends who have many different opinions and personalities. Discussing with them enriches my thought, and playing with them builds up my personality. Frankly speaking, I really get a lot of valuable things from my friends.
Families offer us warmth and care. Friends give us strength and horizon. They both help us understand the world as it is. Both of them are the dearest parts in our life.

[em26][em26][em26]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-2 13:54:25编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看