返回列表 发帖

每日一个作文范文

[em26]Topic: some student like to have outdoor activities. Others like indoor activities. Which do you prefer? Give specific reasons and examples to illustrate your answer.[em26]
Have you ever gone swimming in a hot stuffy day? Have you ever been to the seashore to see the splendid waves? Have you ever stood on the peak of a mountain with cloud around you ? Have you ever walked in the quiet silver moonlight? If you have no experience like these, your life is an inadequate one. In my point of view, I like outdoor activities much more than indoor activities.
The first reason can been seen by every person. Outdoor activities can improve our physical health greatly. As a student, I must spend 10 to 12 hours per day in studying textbooks or doing experiments. All this work is indoors. When I take some outdoor activities, I feel refreshed. It is a feeling of a bird rushing out of the cage. When I am running in bright sunshine in the afternoon, I believe I become a hunting dog running in the wild, pursuing a rabbit. Outdoor activities make my heart and muscles strong. They make me full of life and strength.
The second reason for my propensity for outdoor activities is that they can build my mind greatly. In sports, one must learn to struggle for the victory, learn to fight with no matter what is left in his body. And one must learn to accept failure, learn to start again after failure. Long running and mountain climbing contribute much to this kind of spirits. I will never forget the feeling when I raced to the final line weighted tons, but there was still one runner in front of me . I gave all my strength to move one foot ahead of the other. When I surpassed him, he gave a cry of surprise. I won at last and I learned much from the race.
Indoor activities are somewhat challenging as well. There are chess and book reading which can also develop our mind. However I still prefer outdoor activities, for they teach me how to be a strong man, both in health and in spirit.

[em26]Topic: Some people like to listen to classical music. Others like to listen to popular music including popular songs). Which kind of music do you prefer? Give specific reasons for your answer.[em26]
   Music is the source of wit. Good music can enlighten people’s heart. Classical music is more complex and profound then popular music. They are the main components of music. Some people like classics music and others like popular. This is due to the different comprehension of music. There are many young people, including me, especially like popular music.
There are many kinds of popular music, such as rock music, heavy metal music, light music and so on. Despite all the differences among them, they have many similar merits.
     First, they come from the real live, and they were more accessible to the youngsters. Most people like something very close to them, because they want to be relaxed. Classical music is a little far away and requires some special knowledge for people to appreciate it. A popular song, like “Let It Be” and “One Hundred Miles”, is very simple. When one listens to it, he can easily understand what the singer sings.
    Second, most popular music is about love—a theme most youngsters care much for. Popular music has a very important expression: the association of music and words. When people listen to it, they first listen to the words of it, then the rhythm of music and other contents. Youngsters have many romantic dreams about love. When a singer sings what they just want to say, he’ll really feel very good. I’ve a friend who felt sad when he lost his love. But after several days, I found that he become calm. I asked him why. He told me he had just heard a popular song which encourages people not to be sad because there are many chances ahead of them.
     Third, there are strong feelings in the popular music. We youngster have many feelings about the world. We want to express them. Many popular songs have us to attain this object. Some music, such as rock music, can sassily evoke the resonance among young people. When I fail in something or I succeed in ding something, I want rock music. After letting my strong feeling out, I become calm and begin to do other things.
    In a word, popular music has almost all what we want, especially the same feeling to this world. We like it. At the same time, I can’t deny there are also many merits in the classical music. I can’t appreciate it very much because I can’t really comprehend it. Perhaps when I’m older, I’ll like it more.

3.Travelling is more important than reading books in order to understand the people and world. Do you agree or disagree with the statement. Use specific reasons to support your answer.
[em26][em26]
[em26][em26]
    Do you know the most popular pastime in the world is reading? Now there’re various kinds of books available and we can learn lots of things from them. Books become the main source of knowledge we obtain. There’re about three advantages in reading as follows:
First, books provide us with various aspects of knowledge. We can learn physics, chemistry, mathematics and philosophy etc. from books. These are all necessary for us. Without the scientific knowledge, a person will probably not know how to operate a washing machine and how to use a computer. Without all this knowledge, a person can’t live a better life in the modern world.
Second, reading makes us understand the world more. If we have one month and one thousand dollars, we can only ravel to one or two places to learn how people live there. But how many books can we buy with the money and hoe many books can we finish in one month? All these books may contain information about dozens of places, we can learn more by reading than by traveling.
Third, reading is the most romantic and the safest kind of traveling. By reading, we can travel to the north pole without having to endure the freezing cold; we can also go to the desert without having to fear the thirst of thirst. We can also go back to the ancient times to have a look at the people’s life without any difficulty.
Of course, traveling gives us direct experiences. It’s much more exciting and active than reading. It’s necessary for a person to expand his horizon. When you have a chance or enough money and time, you can travel around the world, it will make your life more pleasant and you have a deep understanding about the people and the world.
But as student, we don’t have enough time and money to travel around; and studying is the most important thing for us to do. So why not read as many books as possible when we are young? This way we can get enough knowledge to serve the people and the society better. Anyway we will have enough chances to travel later.

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-11-27 19:42:19编辑过]

收藏 分享
人能走多远,见识就有多远!

5.        Topic: Some people think that family is the most important influence on young adults. Others people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. Which do you think is the most important influence? Give specific reasons for your answer.
The process of growing up is very complex for every person, Among countless factors which influence a person’s growth, there are two conspicuous aspects: the family and the friends. After one is born, the first and nearest surrounding is the family in which he will grow up. So family does play a significant role in shaping children’s inclination and character. While on the other hand, almost as soon as a child becomes old enough to communicate with other children, he begins having friends, who sometimes influence him more rapidly than do families. Then as far as I am concerned, both of their influences are indispensable for children’s growth.
Several centuries ago, there in Europe has a famous family: Bernoullis. This family is distinguished by its scientific contribution to the world. It brought up more than 20 great scientists and mathematicians so that there are so many formula and laws titled with the name: Bernoullis. It is a convincing example to demonstrate the important of the family.. Because the family is children’s most direct source of knowledge and other experience, those who are brought up in good family tend to possess many pleasant characters, and vise versa.
If we say that family offer the environment of living, friends play another important part in shaping the child. They are connections between the child and the society. By associating with friends one can gradually get into the society and become sociable. To some extent, man is sociable creature so that children should understand the society, get used to it, and get pleasure out of it. To this point, friends would help. As for me, I have lots of friends who have many different opinions and personalities. Discussing with them enriches my thought, and playing with them builds up my personality. Frankly speaking, I really get a lot of valuable things from my friends.
Families offer us warmth and care. Friends give us strength and horizon. They both help us understand the world as it is. Both of them are the dearest parts in our life.

[em26][em26][em26]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-2 13:54:25编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

6.        Topic: Inventions such as eyeglasses and sewing machine have had an important effect on our lives. Choose another invention that you think is important. Give specific reasons for your choice.
I ride bicycle to go to work every day and have a deep impression that the bicycle is very convenient in our daily life. Beijing is called a city of bicycles. There are various kinds of bicycles from small to big ones ridden in all sots of streets. My director, Professor Li, began to learn riding a bicycle last year when she was fifty-three years old, and now she can ride her small bike to go to and back from the laboratory everyday.
The bicycle lets us go anywhere nearby easily. In China, there are not any private cars since an ordinary family can afford it. Bicycles can save time and make the owners quicker when traffic jam occurs in rush hours or any other troublesome periods.
Usually, riding a bicycle can do favor to a person’s health. In modern times, life is very busy and time seems limited. Using the time of riding a bike to train one’s body is a good way to follow.
In the beautiful seasons of spring and autumn, riding a bicycle to travel and appreciate the natural views is a wonderful experience. We can see buds on the tree branches, flowers in bloom, blue sky with white cloud and so on. With the breezing kissing our faces, it’s a feeling beyond description.
Comparing with cars, riding a bicycle has no environment problems. It is harmless to the air and people’s health. On the other hand, it saves energy and parking places. And it has less possibility of traffic jam than driving a car. Bicycle has been important in human life throughout the period after it was invented. I believe it will still be very necessary in the future.

[em19][em19][em19][em19][em19]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-2 13:55:06编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

7.        Some people like different friends. Others like similar friends. Compare the advantages of these two kinds of friends. Which kind of friend do you prefer. Explain why.
        Do you have many friends? Are they similar to you or different from you? Which kind of friends do you prefer?
        Maybe you are fond of collecting stamps, then what a pleasure it is to have a friend with the same taste, and exchange the little “treasures” with him; or maybe you are interested in playing tennis, then how wonderful it is to compete with your friend, also a well---matched tennis fan, in a green field. Having friends whose characters, hobbies and social conditions are similar to you can bring you many advantages. They are easy to get along with. Because of the similarity, they can see something in the position of yours, and understand you better.
        But how about making different friends? Yes, they may have not what you have, but they have what you have not. Perhaps the least similar friends are the protagonist of the scientific novel “Around the World in Eighty Days”, Mr. Fogg, and his ardent, humorous and talkative servant, Jean, who was not a bit like his old-fashioned master. But who can say that Mr. Fogg’s courage and brazenness during the great trip and his compassion towards Mrs. Aouda at the end of the story, were not partly from the influence and help of Jean? A different friend is a mirror who can reflect your virtues and shortcomings. From him, you can find what you lack and you can learn what you need. When viewed from these perspectives, different friends may do more in shaping you than do the similar ones.
        No matter how similar they are, every two friends have differences, and no matter how different they are, as friends, they have at least one similarity: the sincerity towards friendship. In the sincere friendship, you can find shelter from danger, courage in need, and hands willing to help. Open your heart to your friends, whether they are similar to or different from you, you may become the happiest man in the world.

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-5 13:23:08编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

8.        Topic: Some people learn best when a classroom lesson is presented in an entertaining, enjoyable way. Other people learn best when a lesson is presented in a serious, formal way. Which of these two ways of learning do you prefer? Give reasons to support your answer.
Attending lectures is very essential for students whose ability of independent study is not fully established. Consequently there is often based on the process of classroom importation. The two different kinds of style, respectively speaking, the serious way and the entertaining way, assume to produce different result, which can sharply be discerned by comparing the two different educational systems of the Europe and of the USA. Personally, I vote for the latter, even though I have been taught in the former system from the very beginning of my education.
The disadvantage of the serious way of learning is found mainly in that students frequently fail to participate in the class activity. The teacher dominated the 45-minute period and the students are refrained from airing their opinions no matter whether they agree or disagree with what the teacher says. In this case, standing up and ringing one’s view forward and therefore breaking the quiet atmosphere require a great deal of courage and, sometimes, a long time premeditation. Even though he does stand up, all these will significantly weaken the effect, and for good reason, the extreme constraint prevents him from expressing his opinion. Furthermore, students are expected to learn only what the teacher tells them. They have little chance to take advantage of others’ ideas.
Such defects as mentioned above can be prevented by the other way of classroom learning. The class organized in an enjoyable atmosphere usually provides students more than what they’ve expected. A joke may inspire students’ interest and enthusiasm and then what they learn give them a deeper impression. A drastic debate among students will prompt them to learn from others. In this kind of class they often find out that they’ve motivated by the pleasure of study. I have an American teacher in whose class I have gained so most is his humor. His satiric remarks are invariably catching. For the first time I found that history is not at all boring. In laughter, not only do I learn the knowledge in books but I also gain some spiritual things brought about by his characteristic and personality.
A light is always helpful.

[em12][em12][em12][em12]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-5 13:23:51编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

9.        Topic: Some people think studying in a university is worthwhile only because you can get a degree. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give specific reasons to support your answer.
University as a significant cultural force has brought itself to wide recognition and undeniable high social status; therefore, studying in a university is considered one of the most important and most valuable experiences in one’s life, and his academic performance in university will significantly set his future. In our society, the most commonly recognized of a student’s academic achievement is the degree. A good degree usually means a decent and well-paid job. Consequently some people regard the degree as the only thing valuable while studying in college. Admittedly, the degree is essential for students who want a prosperous future, but it is by no means the only opportunity university grants us.
First of all, the university provides us with an enjoyable atmosphere of study and of other activities. Associating with different people on campus, discussing with your professor over a sensitive topic, and reading in the quiet library can strongly shape you inclination, mature your thoughts, widen your horizon, and enrich your personality. For students who consider the university often gives them more than degrees—it will be an all-around reward.
Although it is said that the higher the degree, the better the job, it is not always absolutely true.  Many great men made their startling contribution without a good degree or even without a good school record. For example, Einstein got many poor grades in college and sometimes he even thought the exams as “intolerable”. But he turned out to be one of the most brilliant scientific giant in history. The truth is that his university career and the new ideas he contacted with in college gave rise to his profound insight of the world and then the theory of relativity war born. So we can see clearly that degree isn’t everything.
So as I see it, though the degree plays an important role in one’s future career, it will by no means dominate one’s life. Our world is a varied one,  so are the roads leading to prominence. Universities furnish a variety of opportunities for students; degree is only one of them. What you’ve learned in university is more essential, for it is your real asset. Seize every opportunity and take full advantage of what the university provides, then there can be no future save a brilliant one.

[em09][em09][em09][em09]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-5 13:24:28编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

10.        Some university students want to live in a room alone. Others prefer having roommates. Which do you like better—living alone or living with roommates? Give specific examples to support your answer.
It is often difficult for a student to decide whether he shall have roommates or not. But for a college student, the advantages of having roommates always outweigh the disadvantages. Those who object to having roommates claim that several people living together, there is usually a ; lack of privacy.
Although at first glance these arguments sound reasonable and appealing, they are not borne out by a careful consideration. When you and your classmates are at odds, it is the best times for you to learn how to adjust the relationships between yourself and the others. Solving trivial problems in the dorm will, in the long run, enrich your social experience and help you to understand other people’s feelings and learn to be considerate. In addition, some personal experiences and emotion are not so private as not to be known even by friends. Living with other people, you are surely to find out that most of what you previously regarded as privacy, to your surprise, no longer appears “private” at all, because your roommates share a great deal of what you think and feel. As a result, you will find that discussing with roommates over those “primacies” actually clarifies your confusion and brightens your spirits.
Finally, the incomparable advantage is that it offers an excellent chance of cooperation and adequate colorful group activities. Planning a party single-handedly may be a dull and difficult job; your roommates’ help, however, renders it enjoyable and easy. You can make a plan together, take a trip together, you may even start a musical band. All of these are invaluable throughout your life.
So as I see it, rooming together, as a precious opportunity for living in dormitory, is the best way of learning cooperation and of understanding other people and the society in general. Such experience will definitely be helpful in one’s later life. Share your happiness and sadness with your roommates and you will receive high reward.

[em14][em14][em14][em14]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-9 11:16:42编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

11.A research center is going to be established in a university. There is an argument about whether to establish an agricultural research center or a business one. Which do you think is better? Use specific reasons to support your answer.
Although Chinese used to think that agriculture is the most fundamental as well as most essential aspect of our national economy, with the opening of our door, more and more Chinese people come to realize the importance of business, for we can not isolate ourselves any longer: we must trade with other nations; we must make our country a really powerful nation. Therefore, if we are to set up a business research center or an agricultural research center, we had better choose the former for the following three specific reasons.
First, we must realize that in modern society, a nation depending on agriculture can never become an advanced country. We can not lag in an agricultural era. Some developed countries such as the USA, Japan and Germany, have already surpassed his period. They caught the opportunity and developed into an industrial age. That’s why those nations become so powerful and advanced.
Second, with the opening policy coming into every Chinese mind, we now face a golden opportunity to develop our business theory. Chinese have begun to learn about the functions of market and stock market and so on. These new things attract more and more people, but few of them really understand how to use these new tools, so business research centers become imperative for us.
Finally, to trade with foreigners and to et advanced techniques from them require us to learn more knowledge and skills. We must know not only our own system, but also theirs, so that we can succeed in negotiation and trading.  
An open China had realized the importance of business. Why should we give up this opportunity instead of relying on agriculture? It’s right time for us to make a historical choice.

[em19][em19][em19]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-9 11:17:26编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

12.        Topic: Some people learn best when a classroom lesson is presented in an entertaining, enjoyable way. Other people learn best when a lesson is presented in a serious, formal way. Which of these two ways of learning do you prefer? Give reasons to support your answer.
Attending lectures is very essential for students whose ability of independent study is not fully established. Consequently their progress is often based on the process of classroom importation. The two different kinds of style, respectively speaking, the serious way and the entertaining way, assume to produce different results, which can sharply be discerned by comparing the two different educational systems of the Europe and of the USA. Personally, I vote for the latter, even though I have been taught in the former system from the very beginning of my education.
The disadvantage of the serious way of learning is found mainly in that students frequently fail to participate in the class actively. The teacher dominated the 45-minute period and the students are refrained from airing their opinions no matter whether they agree or disagree with what the teacher says. In this case, standing up and ringing one’s view forward and therefore breaking the quiet atmosphere require a great deal of courage and, sometimes, a long time premeditation. Even though he does stand up, all these will significantly weaken the effect, and for good reason: the extreme constraint prevents him from expressing his opinion. Furthermore, students are expected to learn only what the teacher tells them. They have little chance to take advantage of others’ ideas.
Such defects as mentioned above can be prevented by the other way of classroom learning. The class organized in an enjoyable atmosphere usually provides students more than what they’ve expected. A joke may inspire students’ interest and enthusiasm and then what they learn give them a deeper impression. A drastic debate among students will prompt them to learn from others. In this kind of class they often find out that they’ve motivated by the pleasure of study. I have an American teacher in whose class I have gained so much. He differs from the image of teacher in my mind enormously in many aspects. What impressed me most is this humor. His satiric remarks are invariable catching. For the first time I found that history is not at all boring. In laughter, not only do I learn the knowledge in books but I also gain some spiritual things brought about by his characteristic by his characteristics and personality.
A light heart is always helpful.

[em15][em15][em15][em15]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-9 11:19:59编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

13.        Some people say that playing a game is fun only when you win. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Use specific reasons to support your answer.It is not a time for any one acting like a gentleman to say “Friendship the first, and competition the second”. It is high time that we disclosed what we are actually thinking about. The fact that only when you win a game can you feel authentic happiness is what I wish to emphasize.
Those who object to this idea forget a universal truth—the motivation for sports, or to be more accurate, for almost all other things, essentially comes from success. Athletes who are willing to be trained so excruciatingly are prompted by a looming hope, a prospective championship. To win the game is what they primarily concern about, whether they are going to play tennis or football. If they win, flowers and honor fly to them and, as a result, their enthusiasm escalates. In addition, playing a game should be an enjoyable entertainment, but frequent loses are second to none in wearing away players’ interest. After several fiascos, one might doubt his ability to achieve. On the other hand, if one has no interest in winning a game, he lacks a goal. When he set an aspiring goal, he is sure to find that his every practice has its own meaning.
Finally, for a previous loser who turns out to be greatly successful later by strenuous exercising and practicing, it is also his eagerness to win, to wipe out his former “stigma” that motivates him to succeed. That “The failure is the mother of success” explains nothing but the eagerness inspired by a definite goal of winning a game. All this gives birth to the ultimate achievement.
So if we take a careful consideration, it is not difficult to get the conclusion: the happiness of playing a game is found only one wins. After all, the success, along with bountiful reward and profound rejoicing, appears to be enormously attractive to every participant.

[em18][em18][em18][em18]

[此贴子已经被yiyuan05于2002-12-10 17:23:48编辑过]

人能走多远,见识就有多远!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看