返回列表 发帖

Seeking LSAT Group aimed at finishing LSAT 17 sets in 10 days

It is too hard to do LSAT while feel lonely . Anyone want to do LSAT together?

Thanks!
收藏 分享

Questions for Section 15

Section IV-15
1. In a yearlong study, half of the participants were given a simple kit to use at home for measuring the cholesterol level of their blood. They reduced their cholesterol levels on average 15 percent more than did participants without the kit. Participants were selected at random form among people with dangerously high cholesterol levels.
Which one of the following, if true, most helps to explain the study抯 finding?
(A) The lower a blood-cholesterol level is the less accurate are measurements made by the kit.
(B) Participants with the kit used it more frequently during the first two months of the study.
(C) All the participants in the study showed some lowering of cholesterol levels, the most striking decreases having been achieved in the first three months.
(D) Participants using the kit reported that each reading reinforced their efforts to reduce their cholesterol levels.
I agree on D whereas the answer is E which is lacking.

8. The year 1917,1937,1956,1968,1979, and 1990 are all notable for the occurrence of both popular uprisings and near-maximum sunspot activity. During heavy sunspot activity, there is a sharp rise in positively charged ions in the air people breathe, and positively charged ions are known to make people anxious and irritable. Therefore, it is likely that sunspot activity has actually been a factor in triggering popular uprisings.
Which one of the following exhibits a pattern of reasoning most similar to that in the passage?
(A) The ancient Greeks sometimes attempted to predict the outcome of future events by watching the flight patterns of birds. Since the events themselves often matched the predictions, the birds were probably responding to some factor that also influenced the events.
(B) Martha, Sidney, and Hilary are the city's three most powerful politicians, and all three graduated from Ridgeview high School. Although Ridgeview never had a reputation for excellence, it must have been a good school to have produced three such successful graduates.
(C) Unusually cold weather last December coincided with a rise in fuel prices. When it is cold, people use more fuel to keep warm: and when more fuel is used, prices rise. Therefore if prices are high next winter, it will be the result of cold weather.
(D) The thirty healthiest people in a long-term medical study turned out to be the same thirty whose regular diets included the most vegetables. Since specific substances in vegetables are known to help the body flight disease, vegetables should be part of everyone's diet.
(E) Acme's most productive managers are consistently those who occupy the corner offices, which have more windows than other offices at Acme. Since people are more alert when they are exposed to abundant natural light, the greater productivity of these managers is probably at least in part a result of their working in the corner offices.
why E? I was thinking A,D E

14. The commissioner has announced that Judge Khalid, who was on the seven-member panel appointed to resolve the Amlec labor dispute will have sole responsibility for resolving the Simdo labor dispute. Since in its decision the Amlec panel showed itself both reasonable and fair, the two sides in the Simdon dispute are undoubtedly justified in the confidence they have expressed in the reasonableness and fairness of the arbitrator assigned to their case.
Which one of the following contains flawed reasoning most parallel to that contained in the passage?
(A) Representing the school board. Matein Barthes presented to the school's principal a list of recently elected school board members. Since only an elected member of the school board can act as its representative. Ms. Barthes's name undoubtedly appears on that list.
(B) Alan Caldalf, who likes being around young children, has decided to become a pediatrician. Since the one characteristic common to all good pediatricians is that they like young children. Mr. Caldalf will undoubtedly be a very good pediatrician.
(C) Jorge Diaz is a teacher at a music school nationally known for the excellence of its conducting faculty. Since Mr. Diaz has recently been commended for the excellence of his teaching, he is undoubtedly a member of the school's conducting faculty.
(D) Ula Borg, who has sold real estate for Arcande Realty for many years, undoubtedly sold fewer houses last year that she had the year before since the number of houses sold last year by Arcande Realty is far lower than the number sold the previous year.
(E) The members of the local historical society unanimously support designating the First National Bank building a historical landmark. Since Evelyn George is a member of that society, she undoubtedly favors according landmark status to the city hall as well.

18. According to government official involved in overseeing airplane safety during the last year, over 75 percent of the voice-recorder tapes taken from small airplanes involved in relatively minor accidents record the whistling of the pilot during the fifteen minutes immediately preceding the accident. Even such minor accidents pose some safety risk. Therefore, if passengers hear the pilot start to whistle they should take safety precautions, whether instructed by the pilot to do so or not.
The argument is most vulnerable to criticism on the grounds that it
(A) accepts the reliability of the cited statistics on the authority of an unidentified government official
(B) ignores the fact that in nearly one quarter of these accidents following the recommendation would not have improved passenger' safety
(C) does not indicate the criteria by which an accident is classified as "relatively minor"
(D) provides no information about the percentage of all small airplane flights during which the pilot whistles at some time during that flight
(E) fails to specify the percentage of all small airplane flights that involve relatively minor accidents
D or E ?

Section II-15

1. Rainfall in the drought plagued metropolitan area was heavier than usual for the month of June. Nevertheless, by the first o July the city's water shortage was more severe than ever, and officials proposed drastic restrictions on the use of water
Which one of the following, if true, helps to explain why the city's water shortage was not alleviated by the first of July?
(A) Moderate restrictions on the industrial use of water had gone into effect in the metropolitan area several months earlier.
(B) Because of the heavier rainfall, people watered their lawns much less in June that they usually do in the metropolitan area during that month.
(C) During the drought most residents of the metropolitan area had been informed about water conservation methods that would help them to reduce their water consumption significantly with a minimal reduction in their standard of living.
(D) The per capita rate of the use of water in the metropolitan area was slightly lower in June that in each of the three previous months and significantly lower that in June of the previous year.
I could not find a answer without E, but answer is ..?

8. Some years ago, an editorial defended Unite States government restrictions on academic freedom, arguing that scientists who receive public funding cannot rightly "detach themselves from the government's policies on national security" Yet the same editorial criticized the Soviet government for not allowing scientists to "detach themselves from politics" If there is a significant difference between the principles involved in each case, the editorial should have explained what that difference is.
The author of the passage criticizes the editorial by

(A) disputing certain factual claims made in the editorial
(B) pointing out an apparent inconsistency in the editorial
(C) describing an alleged exception to a general claim made in the editorial
(D) refuting an assumption on which the argument of the editorial appears to have been based
(E) drawing conclusions form the editorial different form the conclusion drawn by the writer of the editorial
What is E? I can't understand. I didn't agree on C, but..?

25. A letter submitted to the editor of a national newsmagazine was written and signed by a Dr. Shirley Martin who, in the text of the letter, mentions being a professor at a major North American medical school. Knowing that fewer than 5 percent of the professors at such schools are women, the editor reasons that the chances are better than 19 to 1 that the letter was written by a man.
Which one of the following involves flawed reasoning most like that used by the editor?

(A) Since 19 out of 20 home computers are purchased primarily for use with computer games, and the first computer sold today was purchased solely for word processing, the next 19 computers sold will almost certainly be used primarily for computer games.
(B) Fewer than 1 in 20 of the manuscripts submitted to Argon Publishing Vo. Are accepted for publication. Since only 15 manuscripts were submitted last week, there is almost no chance that any of them will be accepted for publication.
(C) Fewer that 5 percent of last year's graduating class took Latin in secondary school. Howard took Latin in secondary school, so if he had graduated last year, it is likely that one or the other Latin scholars would not have graduated.
(D) More that 95 percent of the planes built by UBC last year met government standards for large airliners. Since small planes account for just under 5 percent of UBC抯 output last year, it is almost certain that all their large planes met government standards.
(E) Since more than 19 out of every 20 animals in the wildlife preserve are mammals and fewer than 1 out of 20 are birds, there is a greater than 95 percent chance that the animal Emily saw flying between two trees in the wildlife refuge yesterday morning was a mammal.
I think the answer is C instead of E.

Thank you in advance!

cook:
1. I agree that the answer is D. but I cannot help you find the choice E.
8. 1)if choice A is changed as the following, this choice would be the best choice: .......  Since the birds were responding to some factor that also influenced the events, therefore the events themselves probably match the predictions.
   2) I think the difference between choice B and the origin question is the difference between likely and must. I cannot find other differece between B and the origin.
   3) if choice D is changed as the following, this chioce would be the best: Since specific substances in vegetables are known to help the body flight disease, vegetables should be part of factors that led people to have longlife.

14. the flaw of the origion question is : event a = event b, although all circumstance would be changed.( sorry, I do not remember the name of this fallacy)
Robert之家-----我的家园

我刚做完section 17(倒着做的,从section17向前做)。不过已经坐过section18-23,感觉后面的题更难一些。

18、D。E中的信息题目已经给了。
1、C比较好。
8、E中表达的意思就是题干的最后一句话。
25、C没有表达出比例值。就算是这个人毕业了,另外还有其他人毕业,比例值都可以小于5%。而E的比例换算与原题干是完全一样的。
COOK:其实这些逻辑错误的相似性的题目,在GMAT中是不考的。
Robert之家-----我的家园

Louisa_xy: I am also 倒着做的,从section17向前做, I have done 17, 16, 15. thoday's evening , hope I can do 14,13.  But I didn't so 18-23. You are better than me.

Can we start ? I will post each unsolved question ask for help .

Lat us just do it. !!

Tongxun: First, thank you. Even though you have finished your test, we still  afflict you by asking questions.

For the answer: Got others except the two:
8、E中表达的意思就是题干的最后一句话。
The answer is B. I can't understand " inconsistent" how?

25、C没有表达出比例值。就算是这个人毕业了,另外还有其他人毕业,比例值都可以小于5%。而E的比例换算与原题干是完全一样的。

The 原题干 is flawed because you see: fewer than 5 percent of the professors ==> better than 19 to 1  . I need think about it.

to cook: 好啊,我们加油干吧!不过今天我只有晚上才有时间看LAST了

To Louisa_xy:

Very glad to hear your reply . cool!.

I only did section14 because of a bunch of other things. I hope I can make up tomorrow during my business travel time.

This sectionII, IV: each 40'mints 9 errors. feel tired ! I will see yours tomorrow evening.

Hi, Louisa_xy:

How are you today? I did 13.12  . The result is not improved. I will review a day then keep doing. How about you. I have a little interested in LSAT now.The key problem is that I can't make my all effort to avoid to distraction.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看