返回列表 发帖

Top HBS MBA Interview Tips from Actual Interviewees

觉得过来人说得有点道理,分享一下。

Whether on campus, via Skype, or in any of several global hub cities, HBS interviews are all “non-blind,” meaning the adcom members conducting your interview will have fully examined and be familiar with your application.

Let’s see what sage advice last year’s class passed on.

Know Your Story
An accepted candidate in Round 1 last year remarked:
“In preparation, I would suggest knowing your story/experiences and understanding what characteristics you want to portray (do not be scripted). Just answer the question being asked. Don’t try to make every single point you want to unless it is specifically asked for, you don’t want to dig yourself into a hole. The interview, I believe, is meant to get to know you, how you’ll fit in, and how you’ll perform in the classroom. If you missed something that you REALLY wanted to talk about, you could potentially include that in the post interview reflection. Also, it’s going to be very difficult to do, but try not to analyze every part of the conversation post interview. You’re likely your harshest critic.”

Another interviewee in a hub city shared this reflection after the interview:
“The questions were all quite out of the box. The interviewer probed into something I wrote in the essay. I would suggest that interviewees really know their stories inside out. You need to be able to explain your motivation. It seems HBS cares a lot about the ‘why’ in each question.”

How to Get to Carnegie Hall
“Practice! Practice! Practice!” was a common theme. Though ultimately rejected, one candidate offered the following words of wisdom:
“I’d recommend spending plenty of time practicing with consultants and making sure you have your bases covered. I felt comfortable that I put my best foot forward, which makes the ding burn just a bit less!”

Meanwhile, a successful international applicant shared a few more takeaways from a Round 2 interview:
“My advice would be: Prepare in advance. Rest before the interview. Immerse yourself in an environment that makes you feel at peace. Be ready to jump from one topic to the other, and above all, do not forget to keep that smile on your face.”
收藏 分享

谢谢楼主分享

thanks.......

great tips!

thanks for sharing!

Mark   Mark

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看