返回列表 发帖

10 Ways to Ace the MBA Admissions Interview

Meeting to Get Accepted
Many business schools interview MBA applicants as the last step in the admissions process, giving candidates one more chance to highlight their strengths and what will make them an asset to a school.

Experts encourage applicants to follow these 10 tips for a successful admissions interview.

1. Interview where you're comfortable
Some schools give prospective students a choice between interviewing on campus or in the applicant's hometown.
If going to campus is feasible, take advantage of this choice. But if it will interfere with a big meeting at work and possibly cause additional stress, opt to interview locally, says MBA admissions expert Stacy Blackman.

2. Research the program's interview style
MBA programs vary in terms of how they interview candidates. Some may be interested in hearing about your future goals, while others will ask what you've done in the past.
Prospective students can find information online to learn about a school's interview style, one MBA admissions expert says.

3. Become familiar with Skype
Applicants from abroad, or who are in the U.S. but can't do an in-person interview, may interview via Skype, the video-based communication platform.
Prospective students who don't typically use Skype should familiarize themselves with the technology to avoid any computer hiccups, one expert advises.

4. Prepare for short-answer video questions
Some schools ask applicants to respond to short-answer questions through a video platform. This component of the application process is very similar to standard admissions interviews.
Applicants should dress professionally, avoid saying "um" and other verbal tics, and practice answering questions succinctly, says Stacy Blackman in the U.S. News blog .

5. Be social
Applicants can learn about campus culture and hands-on learning exercises at various MBA programs by following schools on Periscope, Snapchat and other social media websites.
They can then ask strong questions during an admissions interview, using what they learned from the social media videos, experts say.

6. Practice your message
After candidates decide on what they'd like to emphasize during the interview, they should practice interviewing out loud, says one MBA expert.
Having mock interviews with friends or speaking in front of a mirror are two ways to prepare.

7. Answer the question
Veering off track while answering an interview question can leave a negative impression. Candidates can appear as though they are poor listeners or disingenuous.
Be sure to answer the question asked, says one MBA admissions expert.

8. Bounce back from mistakes
If applicants realize they've gotten off track while answering a question, it's okay to say: “I think I haven’t expressed myself clearly. Could I try that again?”
They can also say, "Let me think about that," if they need time to collect their thoughts or ask for clarification, saysMBA admissions expert Stacy Blackman.

9. Address red flags
A low GMAT score or GPA can negatively affect a prospective student's chance of admittance.
The MBA interview is an opportunity for prospective students to provide context to areas of their application that aren't strong, one MBA admissions expert says.

10. Ask about the interviewer
Students, alumni or admissions staffers can conduct an MBA interview.
Applicants who ask, "Why did you join the school?" can engage the interviewer while also learning about what makes the school special, says U.S. News contributor and graduate school admissions expert Don Martin.
收藏 分享
[img][/img]

看看,先了解了解经验...

谢谢楼主的总结分享...

Mark一下!!!

thanks  for sharing...

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看