返回列表 发帖

INSEAD MBA申请经历分享zt

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am an American citizen who grew up in Jakarta, Indonesia from age 4 to 9. Before and after that, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. I went to an all-girls high school before continuing my undergraduate education at University of Southern California where I graduated with a finance and international business major at the Marshall School of Business at USC. Then, I took a gap year (which I may explain sometime later) before starting work in Hong Kong at a French bank that was recently bought by a Chinese SOE.

At this bank, I was working as a research associate—first focusing in Hong Kong conglomerates, then Hong Kong & Macau consumer and gaming stocks, and finally regional small cap stocks (which is essentially any stock that has less than US$1-billion market cap). While I was working for a certain team, I was getting frustrated at my teammates and to an extent my boss.

That was when I decided I would apply to INSEAD for real. I have been attending the information sessions for the past three years before I got accepted, and my biggest fear was honestly, getting rejected.
收藏 分享

谢谢分享

thanks for sharing

thx

thanks for sharing

thanks for your tips

thanks for sharing

谢谢分享

First week of school

My first day of school was during Orientation Day on Sunday, August 23rd. Everything happened so fast!

It was a lot of, “HI! My name is Jessica, I was born and raised in LA but I grew up in Jakarta for 5 years and worked in Hong Kong the past four years. How about you?”

We were all at school from 8:30am to 7pm every day, and the whole week was packed full of exemption exams, language evaluation tests, career development meetings, laptop configurations, social club reception, and my favorite: the SPLASH Project!

The SPLASH Project was an amazing experience; I really wish I took more part in it (if not for the social club events) because it was a lot of team work that really made an impact in the lives of children who were once in abusive families. We created this amazing bike path with our bare hands. I was in charge of painting, and even though it was probably the easiest job out of everyone else’s, I ended up getting a blister from painting so much. Ouch.

Real schoolwork started after Splash with classes starting at 8:30 AM everyday. It was tough—three hour classes and 15-minute breaks in between classes. And I would like to point out that the teachers are extremely strict with promptness. If you are on time for class—as in walking in at 8:30—you are not allowed to even attend class and the teacher will mark you absent! (And you are only allowed to miss class thrice; otherwise you fail right away.) Given that I live very far from school (I live with my in-laws 30 minutes away by bus & MRT, and 45 minutes by taxi), it makes it more difficult for me to be social with the class. But for some reason, I was given the responsibility of a social rep. My point is, anything is possible! I’m going to make the most out of my INSEAD experience, and I will keep you all updated with my experience here.

What happened after I quit my job

Prior to quitting my job, I had taken a day of leave to act in a movie that my friend produced called Always. I had a very small role in that movie, so it only took me one weekend and one work day to film my sections.

I quit my job after getting my bonus, which is in April in my case. I took a week to train myself to be a BarreAmped Certified teacher. I realized Barre was something I could potentially bring to Singapore.

I continued to teach at Barre2Barre in Hong Kong, and then organized two pop-up BarreAmped sessions in Singapore, which turned out to be a success! We were fully booked and even had waitlists on the two events. This is when my brain started turning and realized I wanted to bring Barre2Barre to Singapore. It’s still a work in progress because now that I am doing my MBA, it will be difficult for me the teach and manage the BarreAmped studio while going to school.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看