返回列表 发帖

FIve tips for a successful admissions interview

1. Do you research.      knowing the admissions committee format for the interview goes a long way in helping you anticipate questions and prepare answers.

Tell your story about why you are interested in an MBA and connect how the program will help you reach your career goals.

2.Practice.

Most interviews are 30-45 minutes with time at the end for questions.The more you practice, the more polished, concise, and organized you will come across.It is usually clear which candidates haven't spent much time rehearsing before an interview, as their responses areeither long-winded and lack focus or are short sentences that lack substance.

Be sure to practice your answer to be "tell me about yourself"question. For example "I‘m Joe, I want an MBA" is not a good introduction, but a 20-minute soiloquy about your childhood is not either.

3.Dress to inpress.

This seems obvious, but sometimes candidates arrive for their interview dressed too casually .First impressions matter, so treat the admissions interview as you would a job interview.

Whether you're interviewing with an admissions committee member, a current student, or an alumnus, be sure your attire is business professional.

4.Keep it real.

Communication and other soft skills are essential for budding entrepreneurs. They will set you apart from the crowd.

The business landscape is crowded with ideas in need of support and funding, so your ability to pitch to stakeholders is critical.

5.Be thoughtful.

Interviews almost always end with time for questions. Don't ask questions that aren't useful to you or the interviewer. Use this time to showcase your genuine interest in the program by asking specific questions about program experiences and culture.

Ask questions that will truly help you determine if the program is a good fit for you. Don't ask questions that can be found online, such as the cost of tuition or credit requirements. Be thoughtful of time ; many questions can be addressed in a follow-up email. Always send a thank you email.
收藏 分享
[img][/img]

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看