返回列表 发帖
Dec.13

Spotlight on Hokkaido

Winter

Sapporo, Hokkaido's largest city, gained international recognition by hosting the Winter Olympics in 1972. The Japanese, however, have always considered it a great place to live or visit. Set among green mountains, it boasts beautiful parks and gardens.

All winter, skiing and other winter sports attact visitors. Top internatinal winter sports events take place in Sapporo's Olympics facilities. Each February, the city holds its famous Snow Festival. On display are expertly carved ice sculptures and huge snow replicas of world-famous buildings.

Spring and summer

The onset of spring brings countless plum and cherry trees into bloom. You will want to join in the celebration of Hanami, or "Looking at the Flowers".While admiring the flowers in the city parks, why not try a savory local snack? Sample the "Genghis Khan"barbecues set up under the flowering trees.

In summertime, Hokkaido is favored refuge from the heat. Unlike many other parts of Japan, the island experiences comfortably cool temperatures. Relax in the many Sapporo parks or go hiking in the nearby mountains.

Spotlight on Hokkaido

Fall

In early September,farmers from all over Hokkaido come to Sapporo's Odori Park. They gather here to sell their local delicacies. You can do an eating tour of the island--without  leaving town.

Come fall, the island's forests turn red, yellow, and orange. In late October, join the locals for Kanpukai. This is the customary trip into the countryside to enjoy the colors. Another fall attraction is the yearly return of salmon from the sea. The fish swim up the Toyohira River, right throught the Sapporo city center.

In november, Odori Park is transformed by the annual "White Illumination". The park sparkles and glows with millions of tiny lights and many brightly lit sculptures.

Whenever you visit Sapporo, be sure to enjoy some ramen, or noodles in soup. This won't be hard to do. Nearly every street has ramen stops. Some streets, such as the famous "Ramen Alley",have nothing but ramen shops.

The next time you think of Japan, picture Hokkaido, Whatever the season-winter,spring,summer or fall-you'll find the best of Japan here!

Dec. 15

Top 5 Weekend Getaway in Asia

Do you ever need a break from your everyday routine? Are you feeliing tired or stressed out? Then make a weekend escape to one of Asia's many wonderful vacation spots.

Here at Studio Classroom, we've chosen our five favorite Asian vacation spots. All are popular travel destinations that offer relaxation, recreation, and a wide varity of sights. On the list, you'll discover some great beach resorts and places with beatiful scenery and exotic cultures. New sights, sounds and adventures are waiting for you right here in Asia.

Bali,Indonesia

Indonesia's island of Bali resembles a beautiful landscape painting. Rice paddies cut into the hillsides like giant steps. Volcanoes soar through the clouds high above lush forests. Impressive traditional architecture dots the landscape. Relaxing beaches stretch along the coast of the Indian Ocean. Numerous festivals, traditional music and dance shows are held in the cultural center of Ubud.

Bali's famous Kuta beach, with plenty of shops and nightlife. lies near the capital, Denpasar. But travelers looking for a quieter place to relax prefer the beaches of the peaceful east coast.

Dec. 16

Top 5 Weekend Getaways in Asia

Sabah,Malaysia

The region of East Malaysia offers great variety. The starting point for adventure is Kota Kinabalu, Sabah's capital. Not far away are unspoiled beaches, islands. wildlife and Southeast Asia's highest peak, Mount Kinabalu(13,454 feet high). Guides help people climb to the top to enjoy the stunning view.

The region is a nature lover's dream. Watch sea turtles hatch from theire eggs at Turtle Islands Park. Or see baby orangutans at an orangutan protection center. The Sabah region is also home to many ethnic groups known for their colorful clothing and unique hand-made items.

The Visayas, Philippines

Get away to this island group in the Philippines. Small Boracay Island has fine white sand and calm, crystal-clear blue waters filled with marine life. Snorkeling there will reward you with upclose views of many exotic fish. Filled with palm trees and beautiful plants, the island looks like a real tropical paradise.

The main island of the group is Cebu. It has plenty of enticing beached, hotels, golf coursed and great food. The city of Cebu was founded by the Spanish in 1565. Much Spanish influence still remains there today.

Dec. 19

ulled in Two Directions

Jessica, a university sophomore, is very involved in extracurricular activities. In January, her French club will be hosting a theme week for the whole school. Jessica gladly volunteered to help with the event. But planning for it has turned out to be a lot more work than she expected! She's working on it almost every night, so she doesn't have enough time to study. Her grades are starting to suffer.

Jessica, doesn't want to neglect her studies. But she did commit to helping with the theme week. And she doesn't want her follow volunteers to think she's irreponsible.

If you were Jesscia, what would you do? Would you do this?

Decision 1:

Casey: So your grades are suffering?

Jesscia: They're starting to.

Casey: Well, you're at school to learn, not to plan events.So if your extracurricular activities interfere with your learning. Something's wrong.

Jesscia: I learn from French club too.

Casey: I know. But is this French club worth risking your GPA? After all, that goes on your resume!

Jesscia: You're right. I've worked hard to have a high GPA. I don't want to ruin that just for a club!

Casey: So you'll quit the club?

Jesscia: No. I'll stay in it. But I'll tell them I can't help with the theme week. after all. I'm sure someone else can pick up the slack.

Dec. 20

ulled in Two Directions

Or Would you do this?

Decision 2

Casey: It sounds like you need to back out of this commitment.

Jesscia: I can't do that. I don't want to let anyone down.

Casey: But you'll be letting yourself down if you ruin your GPA.

Jesscia: Well, all of us who are helping with the theme week are students. We're all in the same boat. It would be selfish of me to make more work for everyone else.

Casey: What about your grades?

Jesscia: I guess it won't kill me to have lower grades for just one semester.

Casey: Are you sure?

Jesscia: Well, my parents won't be happy about it! And it will hurt my GPA. But in the future, I'll be careful not to commit to something lile this again!

Or Would you do this?

Decision 3

Jesscia: I hate to let my grades suffer. But I also don't want the other people in the French club to think i'm a slacker!

Casey: Yeah. If you backed out of the club, that wouldn't be fair to other members. And you can't exactly drop out of school for a semester, either!

Jesscia: No, although sometimes I'd like to! I'll just have to balance both my club activities and my schoolwork.

Casey: Is that possible?

Jesscia: Well. It means I can't do my best at either one. My grades will suffer a little. and i won't be able to help as much with the club. But i'll just do the best i can.

Dec.21

Success in Managing your money

An American proverb says,"Money talks, but all it ever says is goodbye." How fast it says goodbye is up to you. Does money burn a hole in your pocket? Or do you spend it carefully? If you use your money wisely, you'll be much more likely to have enough when you need it.

There is no time like the present to learn how to manage your money. Develop good financial habits now, and they will follow you your entire life. These tips will help you develop good habits.

Set goals

To manage your money, look into the future, what's it you want. Once you decide, you can set goals to get it. Then you'll be less likely to squander your money.

You should have short-term, intermediate-term and long-term goals. Short-term goals are things you want in less than a year, like buying a new clothes or taking a vacation. Intermediate-term goals can be accomplished in one to five years. Long-term goals look ahead five to ten years or longer. These are things like going to college or buying an apartment.

Dec. 22

Success in Managing your money

Know where your money goes

Do you ever wonder where all your money in your pocket goes? If you do, maybe it's time to examine your spending habits. Think about purchases before you make them. Ask yourself questions like these:

Can I do without it?

Can I continue to use what i already have?

Can I substitute something less expensive?

Is it a want or a need?

Why do i want to buy it?

Learn to say "no" to unnecessary purchases. Then you'll have money to buy the things you really want or need.

Watch those credit cards

Credit cards are convenient, but they make it easy to get deep into debt. When you use a credit card, buy only what you can afford. Then pay the full amount of the bill every month. If you don't, you'll pay a lot of interest.

Let's say, for example, you charge $1,000 and just make minimum payment each month. It will take you 12 years to pay back all the money with interest!

Try these tips and you'll find that  your money is a little less quick to say goodbye.

Dec. 23

Christmas Around the World

Christmas is the world's most popular holiday. More than 160 countries celebrate Christmas as an offcial holiday. In many of those countries, Christmas is the biggest holiday of the year.

As you might imagine, people around the world celebrate with a wide range of Christmas traditions. Some Christmas traditions are universal. In most countries, people exchange gifts and put up Christmas trees. Many countries also sing the same Christmas carols. But each country has its own special traditions, as well.

SWEDEN

Christmas celebrations begin in Sweden on Lucia Day, December 13. Tradition says Lucia was a girl who gave food to poor, hungry people long ago. As part of the celebration, girls wear wreaths with seven candles on their heads.

GREECE

Christians in Greece prepare for Christmas by fasting. They believe this helps them prepare their hearts to celebrate the birth of Jesus. On Christmas Eve, children go out into the streets and sing carols. On Christmas day, the fast ends with a wonderful feast.

O(∩_∩)O谢谢,这完全是楼主的签到帖啊

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看