返回列表 发帖

高级口语授课笔记(三十三)--(四十四)

1. Have you ascertained? 你确定了吗?
2.  Spare a thought for my situation. 你也想想我的处境行不行?
3.  I used to be a martyr to mouth ulcer. 我以前老得口腔溃疡。
4.  Don’t work to rule. 不要消极怠工。
5.  The silence was deafening. 气氛非常尴尬。
6.  Where’s your backbone? 你怎么这么窝囊啊?
7.  Give me a leg up since I’m new. 我刚来,请大家多多关照。
8.  You’re gonna have to knuckle down. 你得用功啊。
9.  He’s a genius, by common consent. 他是公认的天才。
10. Always be the pick of the bunch. 永远做最好的。


1. I was sitting on thorns. 我如坐针毡。
2.  The years have mellowed me. 岁月让我成熟。
3.  You can’t welch on your promises. 你不能说话不算数啊。
4.  Evil deeds are done in the name of good. 多少恶行打着正义的旗号!
5.  We fear for your safety. 我们担心你的安全。
6.  That’s his express purpose. 他明显为了这个。
7.  You go. I’ll stick around. 你走吧。我再呆会儿。
8.  I’m not being facetious. 我不是故意打岔。
9.  Get your second wind! 重整旗鼓!
10. She glossed it over. 那事她一带而过。

1.  They grate on me most. 我最讨厌这种人。
2.  He must have gone loopy. 他脑子进水了。
3.  He’s trying to muscle in. 他想干涉这件事。
4.  I’ll have the world at my feet!我要出人头地!
5.  Well, thereby hangs a tale. 这说起来可话长了(幽默)。
6.  Crisis averted. 危机解除了。
7.  I salivate over your beauty, sugar. 宝贝儿我对你的美色垂涎三尺。
8.   The plot thickens. 情况有变(幽默)。
9.   Do you have a death wish or something? 你找死啊你?
10.  Everybody is searching fame and fortune. 大家都在追名逐利。  

收藏 分享

1. Don’t worry. I’m the soul of discretion. 放心吧。我嘴很严的。
2. He’s a computer buff. 他是计算机牛人。
3. He’s a scrooge. 他太抠门儿了。
4. We’ll have to eke it out. 我们得将就着点。(我们得撑过难关)
5. I didn’t just come into town on the turnip truck. 你以为我村儿里来的?(我没那么土)
6. He’s got a volatile temper. 他喜怒无常。
7. Savvy? 明白吗?
8. The heady days of my youth are gone. 我不像年轻时那么冲动了。
9.  Fancy meeting you here!  Likewise. 见到你真高兴!我也是。
10. She’s got a new toy boy.  她又找了个小白脸儿。
1.  My wages are barely enough to keep body and soul together. 我的工资仅够维持生计。
2.  Count your blessings. 你知足吧。
3.  Would you like your steak rare, medium, or well-done? 您的牛排要三分熟,五分熟,还是全熟?
4.  Steer clear of trouble. 少管闲事。
5.  You better hew to the line. 你最好守规矩。
6.  What’s cuter than that? 你嘴巴真甜。
7.  The rarer it is, the more it is worth. 物以稀为贵。
8.  YOU brought it up. 是你先提这件事的。
9.  It is bred in the bone.本性难移。
10.  I’ll give you the lowdown. 我会告诉你关键信息。

1.  I was only a hick town lad at that time. 当时我只是个村里来的傻小子。
2.  She’s such a pathological liar. 她撒谎成性。
3.  I need to confer with my lawyer. 我要见我的律师。
4.  How’s he like? Warts and all. 他这人怎么样?照实说(不要隐瞒他的缺点)。
5.  Survival of the fittest. God’s honest truth. 适者生存,天经地义。
6.   You can’t fight destiny. 人不能跟命争。
7.   They exchanged conspiratorial glances. 他们交换了一下眼色。
8.   Grandpa is old but hale. 爷爷真是老当益壮。
[size=+0]9.   Three bourbons, straight up. 三杯波旁威士忌,不加冰。
10.  We must not flinch. 我们不能退缩。

1.   He was paid 2 m to endorse the product. 他代言费拿了两百万。
2.   I can’t stand weak coffee. 咖啡太淡我可受不了。
3.   Give him no breathing room. 不要给他喘息的机会。
4.   I decide to opt out. 我决定撤出。
5.   We charge a flat rate of $ 20 per hour. 我们每小时固定收费20美元。
6.   The patient is doubly incontinent. 病人大小便失禁。
7.   We can’t afford to incur the wrath of the public. 我们不能激起民愤。
8.   It’s just one of her little idiosyncrasies. 她就这毛病。
9.   Don’t be sparing with your praise. 不要吝惜你的赞美。
10.  Your ability is occult. 你简直神了。
1.  Examples abound. 例子举不胜举。
2.  Free time is at a premium for him. 他很少有空。
3.  I stopped short of telling him, but only just. 我差点告诉他。
4.  Draw / pull up a chair and sit before me. 拉把椅子过来。
5.  It takes true grit to do it. 做这件事需要真正的勇气。
6.  It’s my idea of sheer bliss. 我认为这才是真正的幸福。
7.  Stop badgering me. 别磨我了。
8.  Sorry for that. I didn’t mean to snub. 我绝非有意怠慢。
9.  Don’t overtax yourself. 别累着自己。
10. To be candid, it’s your fault. 坦率地说,是你的错。

TOP

1.  You’re so deft. 你够敏捷啊。
2.  I have a general malaise. 我浑身无力。
3.  The children were boisterous. 孩子太吵了。
4.  Don’t allow the heart to rule the head. 别感情用事。
5.  He dips his pen in gall. 他的文字尖酸刻薄。
6.  It’s the ultimate test of mind over matter. 这绝对是意志的考验。
7.  Speak your mind. 有话直说。
8.  You’re as bold as brass. 你脸皮够厚。
9.  Your schoolboy humor is really tiresome. 你那没品的幽默真把人累死。
10. He sounds a bit pompous. 他说话有点装腔作势。


1.  It’s useless to reproach yourself. 自责是没用的。
2.  That dress is just tawdry. 那条裙子太俗艳了。
3.  Put your own house in order first! 先拿镜子照照自己!
4.  You always claim the moral high ground. 就你自己是君子。
5.  My leg went into spasm. 我的腿突然痉挛。
6.  I feel so drab. 真是无聊啊。
7.  He cried in spells. 他哭一阵停一阵。
8.  It’s historical regression. 这是历史的倒退。
9.  I actually have an agenda. 其实我有事找你。
10. That was an error of judgment. 判断失误。

1. That’s an insult to my intelligence. 简直侮辱我的智慧。
2.  He looked lethargic. 他好像无精打采的。
3.  I don’t hold out much hope. 我不抱多大希望。
4.  You got to be wary. 你得提防着点。
5.  No frills, please. 不要添枝加叶。
6.  You’re spoiled for choice. 你挑花眼了。
7.  No one can spike my guns. 谁能阻挡我。
8.  It’s your fond hope. 你是一厢情愿。
9.  You have to grease their palms. 你得把他们打点好。
10. She's a wolf in sheep’s clothing. 她是只披着羊皮的狼。

1. You really shone out! 你真是惊艳哪。
2.  He’s living in squalor. 他住的地方太脏了。
3.  This place is a bear garden. 这儿太吵了。
4.  Pulled out all the stops, ah? 招数全使出来了,啊?
5.  My stomach flutters when I see her. 一见到她我就紧张。
6.  My reputation is in tatters. 我的名声臭了。
7.  We set off with glee. 我们兴致勃勃地出发了。
8.  You’re in the public eye. 你是公众人物。
9.  He has a huge, bulbous nose. 他有个大蒜头鼻子。
10. It’s just an empty threat. 只是虚张声势。

TOP

many thanks

TOP

many thanks

TOP

谢谢楼主热心分享

TOP

酱油党飘过~

TOP

好东西,收藏了

TOP

O(∩_∩)O谢谢

TOP

谢谢卤煮分享

TOP

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭


美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%


查看