返回列表 发帖

〓〓哈佛招生负责人超详细介绍录取流程〓〓:录取、待定名单、不录取【转】

说实话我也不清楚这帖子内容该发哪里,发这里的原因是:

1)这个是我找到的在哈佛肯尼迪政府学院的官方Admissions Blog上由Director of Admissions本人亲自写的。而且确实非常详细。2)虽然哈佛肯尼迪不是商学院,但是我在其他商学院的网站上确实没有找到如此详细的关于录取流程的官方介绍(当然也许是我看得不够多。。。请见谅)
3)最近看满版都是大家的各种纠结等待焦虑,希望这些文字对大家了解Admissions的工作流程有哪怕一丝帮助,就会非常开心了。

哈佛肯尼迪政府学院招生负责人介绍录取流程:录取、待定、不录取
    以下为仅供快速浏览的纯手工译文,如需获得最准确的信息,建议阅读原文或订阅原博客:
    在本月录取决定发放之前,我想我应该花点时间说明一下录取决定的分类。分类很简单,每个人都能猜到,但我想我事先对每个分类做些评价并回答一些申请者常问的问题会对大家有所帮助。

共有3种录取决定分类:不录取、待定、录取

我首先要说,我们不是按照分类来公布决定的。换言之,我们并不只是先向“不录取”的申请者发放决定,然后再向“录取”的申请者发放决定。我们的目标是同时发放同一个项目的所有决定。“同一个项目”这个概念很重要是因为我们无法在同时发放所有项目的决定。如前所述,我会在博客提供一些信息关于这些不同项目的公布时间。

举例,我们的目标是在同一天内公布所有MPP的录取决定。虽然那个日子尚未确认,但在那天,所有3个分类的决定会被一次性发放。我们所有的项目均是如此。

友情提示,我们会通过email发放决定,且email地址为:appstatus@hks.harvard.edu。我们会给被录取的申请者寄出一份纸质录取通知书,但我们不会给不录取或待定的申请者寄出纸质版。

下周我会继续就3个分类提供更多信息。

录取决定:【不录取】

如同上周所述,我希望为那些尽快得知录取决定的申请者提供不同分类的录取决定信息。我准备说的第一个录取决定分类是最困难的——不录取。我首先得说HKS的录取确实竞争惨烈。我们从世界各地收到了各类令人印象深刻的学术能力、个人魅力、专业背景的申请者的申请。

录取申请流程十分繁重,我们花了大量心思与精力来挑选可能最佳的班级组合。许多候选人可能有着成为一名卓越的HKS学生的资质与背景,但我们只有有限的名额空间可供。

请注意,由于大量的申请,我们无法向没有被录取的申请者提供个人反馈。我们欢迎所有不录取者在获得更多的经历后重新申请,以提高他们的申请成功概率。

在我的长期招生生涯中,我不得不签发几千封拒信,这实在不易。这让我觉得仿佛我自己的人生中也收到了许多否定,但每一次拒绝其实是推开了通向机遇的另一扇门。我充分相信那些未被我们项目录取的申请者们会为世界做出巨大贡献并获得显著的成功。

最后,我们也会非常谨慎的考虑我们的待定名单(下一个话题),不幸的是,我们不能将不录取的申请者加入我们的待定名单(旁边:所以这是我未翻译成“未录取”的原因,因为官方态度很明确,拒了就是拒了,今年没机会了)。录取委员会也不会考虑不录取的候选人的恳请。

录取决定:【待定名单】

这是录取决定系列的第二个分类。每年我们会将许多候选人添加至待定名单。每年,如果有更多的空缺,我们会录取大量合格的候选人。我们也明白许多HKS录取的申请者会考虑其他的选择,因此可能不接受我们的录取。

在待定名单上的候选者会收到一封说明这个状态的email,但是不会有寄出的纸质信函。我们只会给待定名单上已经录取的候选者寄发纸质信函。

我明白在待定名单上的候选者会感到一定程度的焦虑,这完全可理解。作为一名招生办总监,我会尽所有可能减轻这类焦虑,但待定名单的本质决定了我无法提供特定信息。我会尝试努力提供一些信息点。

第一,我们没有对收到我们offer的申请者进行数量控制。因此我们不可能提供有多少人可以从待定名单上被录取的信息。那些已经在名单上的人可以告知我们他们是否愿意继续在名单行,但我们没有是否可被录取的详细信息可提供。是的,我们之前几年都从待定名单上录取了一些候选人,但每年都不同,且无法预测。

第二,考虑到时间因素,我们通常直到5月中旬左右才可以决定我们是否发放待定名单中的录取通知。一旦有进展的时候我们会提供更新,但在此时间之前我们无法提供特定的细节。

第三,我们不在待定名单中排名,且招生委员会不接受任何名单中的申请者的额外文档资料。招生委员会也不会面试或与名单上的人预约会面。待定名单候选人只通过截止申请之间前提供的材料来被审核。因此我们无法提供某人在名单上的“位置”因为没有排名系统。此名单在有录取空缺时将被一视同仁。

最后,如果在录取名单上的申请者因为获得其他录取机会而需要在5月中旬前获得答复,我们强烈建议这样的申请者慎重地考虑这些offer,因为我们无法提供多少(如果有)候选人会从名单中被录取的信息。

我希望我们可以提供更多待定名单的信息,但流程很复杂且年年不同。

录取决定:【录取】

最后,在录取分类中最难获得以及最值得庆祝的是——录取。当申请者到达此阶段时需注意有许多录取所需的重要信息。

被录取的申请者会被引导至我们的SPARKS页面。该页面包含了录取Offer的特定信息,以及如何为开学而作准备。我建议非常仔细的浏览所有信息。为了所有已录取的申请者可以有个概念,可能需要约一个小时来浏览所有信息。话题包括但不限于:

Student ID

Academic Calendar

Response Form

Medical Insurance ad Immunizations

Degree Program Information

Housing

招生办会为已录取的申请者提供其他资源包括在线留言板和一个New Admit Day日期(在开课2日之后)。最新录取的申请者会被邀请参加4月1日和2日的event。哈佛大学也会举办One Harvard,3月31日,周六,供所有专业学院录取的申请者参观。两个活动的RSVP信息和链接均会在SPARKS上。

给被录取者的留言板提供2个主要目的:第一,相当于一个论坛,供所有被录取者互相交流。第二,当前就读的学生也会参与,使新的被录取者得以与已经在项目内的学生互动。

已被录取的申请者可通过SPARKS网页回复我们的录取通知。大多数项目的回复时间截止至4月15日。每个项目特定的回复时间会在录取通知上出现。在4月15日后,我们办公室会为即将到来的学生们设立一个官方Facebook页面。在4月15日,官方Facebook页面设立之前,我们鼓励已被录取的学生们使用留言板(SPARKS上会有信息)。

录取通知书上不包含一个重要信息,即没有财务资助信息。在这些信息准备好之后,将于3月底4月初(取决于不同项目)在网络上公布。已录取的申请者将会收到一封email通知,并被告知他们的财务资助信息已可被查看。

最后,已被录取的申请者会收到一封纸质录取通知书,这封通知书将在录取通知邮件发出后尽快被寄出。

其他给最新录取的申请人的重要信息将通过本博客分享,因此已被录取的申请者应确保查看本博。
收藏 分享

以下为原文内容:

Admission Decision Breakdown
In advance of the release of admission decisions later this month I thought I would take a few entries to elaborate on the categories of admissions decisions.  The categories are simple and anyone could likely guess them, however I feel commenting on each one in advance and answering some questions applicants might likely have will be helpful.
There are three categories of admission decisions:
Not Admitted,Waitlisted,Admitted I will start by saying that we do not release decisions by category.  In other words, we do not just send out decisions to those not admitted and then at another time send decisions to those that are admitted.  Our goal is to send all decisions, per program, at one time.  The “per program” note is important because we are not able to send out decisions for all programs at the same time.  As I stated in an earlier entry, I will provide insight here on the blog as to the release dates for the different programs.
As an example, our goal is to release all MPP decisions on a single date.  That date is yet to be determined, however on that date decisions for all three categories will be sent all at once.  The same applies to all of our programs.
As a reminder, we send our decisions out via email and the email will come from this address:  appstatus@hks.harvard.edu.  We will send admitted applicants a paper copy of their admission letter, however we do not send out paper copies of letters to those not admitted or to those placed on the waitlist.
Stay tuned as next week I will post an entry on each of the three categories with more information.
Admission Decision Breakdown #1: Not Admitted As mentioned last week, I want to cover the different categories of admission decisions for those expecting a decision soon.  The first category of admission decision that I will cover is the toughest - not admitted.  I will start off by saying that admission to HKS is quite competitive.  We receive applications from all over the world from individuals with impressive academic, personal, and professional backgrounds.
The admission application review process is quite intensive and we put a lot of thought and energy into selecting the best class possible. Many candidates might have the qualifications and background to be an excellent HKS student, however we have a limited number of spaces available.
Please note that the vast number of applications we receive prohibit us from providing personalized feedback to applicants that are not admitted to our programs.  We do welcome applicants that are not admitted to reapply in the future after gaining additional experience to enhance their application.
I have had to sign off on several thousand rejection letters during my long history in admissions and it is never easy. The solace I take is that I too have received many rejections in my lifetime, but each rejection opened another door of opportunity.  I am confident that those not admitted to our programs will make tremendous contributions to the world and achieve great success.
On a final note, we do put a lot of thought into our waitlist as well (the topic of my next entry) and unfortunately we cannot place applicants that are not admitted on our waitlist. The Admissions Committee also does not consider appeals from candidates not admitted to our programs.

Admission Decision Breakdown #2: Waitlisted This is the second entry pertaining to categories of admission decisions.  Each year we do place some candidates on a waitlist.  There are a number of qualified candidates each year that we would admit if more seats were available.  We also understand that admitted applicants to HKS might be considering other options and thus might not accept our offer of admission.
Candidates placed on the waitlist will receive an email noting this status, but there will be no paper letter mailed out.  We will only mail a paper letter to a candidate if s/he is admitted from the waitlist.  
I understand that candidates placed on the waitlist may feel a certain level of anxiety and this is completely understandable.  I would like to do whatever I can as the Director of Admissions to reduce the anxiety, however the nature of the waitlist makes specific information hard to provide.  I will try to provide as much insight as possible with these few points.
First, we have no control over how many admitted applicants will accept our offer.  This makes it impossible to provide any information on if we will be able to admit candidates that are placed on the waitlist.  Those placed on the waitlist can let us know if they wish to remain on the waitlist, but we can provide no specific information on the probability of being admitted.  Yes we have admitted candidates on the waitlist in previous years, but each year is different and predictions are not possible.
Second, as far as timing is concerned, we generally are unable to determine if we will be able to make waitlist offers until around the middle of May.  We will provide updates as we make progress, however prior to this time period we will not be able to provide specific details.
Third, we do not rank the waitlist and the Admissions Committee will not accept any additional documents from those placed on the waitlist.  The Admissions Committee does not conduct interviews or take appointments with those on the waitlist.  Waitlist candidates are reviewed based upon the information provided by the admission deadline.  Thus we cannot provide information on one’s “place” on the waitlist as there is no ranking system.  The list is reviewed as a whole if and when we have seats available.
Last, if those on the waitlist have been offered other opportunities that require a response prior to the middle of May, we highly recommend that such individuals seriously consider such offers due to the fact that we can provide no specific information about how many, if any, candidates will be admitted from the waitlist.
I wish we could be more specific on waitlist details however the process is very organic and vastly different from year-to-year.

Admission Decision Breakdown #3: Admitted Last in the admission category breakdown is the category that is hard to achieve and should be celebrated - admitted. While applicants in this position should rejoice there is also a lot of important information to take note of regarding enrollment.
Admitted applicants will be directed to our SPARKS webpage.  The SPARKS webpage contains specific information about the admission offer and how to prepare for the start of classes and I encourage very careful review of all of the information.  To provide an idea of what is in store for those who are admitted, it will likely take about an hour to review all of the information that is presented.  Topics include but are not limited to:
Student IDAcademic CalendarResponse FormMedical Insurance and ImmunizationsDegree Program InformationHousing The Admissions Office will provide other resources for admitted applicants including an online message board and a New Admit Day that will take place over the course of two days.  Newly admitted applicants will be invited to participate in events on April 1st and April 2nd.  Harvard University will also host One Harvard, a day for admitted applicants from all professional schools to visit on Saturday, March 31st. RSVP information/links for both events will be on SPARKS.
The message board for newly admitted applicants will serve two main purposes.  First, it will act as a forum for admitted applicants to connect with one another.  Second, current students will also participate, allowing new admits to interact with those already in our programs.
Admitted applicants will be able to respond to our admission offer via the SPARKS page webpage.  For most programs the response date will be April 15th.  Specific information on the response date for each program will be in the admission letter.  Shortly after April 15th our office will set up an official Facebook page for incoming students.  We will not start the Facebook page until AFTER the deposit deadline has passed. We encourage admitted applicants to use the message board (information will be in SPARKS) as no official Facebook page will be up until after April 15th.
An important note is what will not be part of the admission letter.  No financial aid information will be in the admission letter.  After admission offers are made the financial aid staff in the Enrollment Services Office works diligently to prepare financial aid information.  Information will be released at the end of March or early April (depending on the degree program) and will be viewable online.  Admitted applicants will receive an email notice when their financial aid information is ready to view.
Finally, admitted applicants will also receive a paper admission letter.  The letters will be mailed shortly after admission decisions are sent via email.
Other important information for newly admitted applicants will be shared via this blog so admitted applicants should make sure to keep following the posts

谢谢

mark

thanks

谢谢分享

3x

mark

MARK

MARK

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%