返回列表 发帖

Duke 的essay sample---25 Random things(3)

• In 2008, I finished my first and only marathon in a time of 3 hours, 46 minutes. While I haven’t ruled out running another, it hasn’t happened yet …
  • I’m an amateur competitive eater. Career highlights include demolishing a 4-pound burrito in 13 minutes and nearly finishing a 10,000-calorie, 9-pound burger in 1 hour. I’m a lifetime member of the Clean Plate Club.
  • In sixth grade, I finished third place in my hometown spelling bee, but … there were only 3 contestants.
  • I love tennis. I played in high school and continued playing competitively during college. I co-founded the Iowa State tennis club with some friends and over 10 years later, the club is still thriving.
  • My wife, Julie Ryan, is also a first-year student at Fuqua.
  • One of my favorite experiences was studying abroad in France during undergrad and spending the summer backpacking throughout Western Europe.
  • I didn’t step foot on a plane until I was 21 years old, but on my 28th birthday, I jumped out of one.
  • I don’t own a television or DVD player, but 2 of my favorite shows are “Lost” and “Breaking Bad.”
  • As a pre-teen, I was very overweight. During the summer between seventh and eighth grade, I lost 50 pounds and when I returned to school, no one recognized me. They thought I was the new kid in school!
  • I lived for more than 2 years without electricity or running water in an African village as a Peace Corps volunteer.
  • I met former Vice President Al Gore (author of “An Inconvenient Truth”) and country music star LeAnn Rimes.
  • As I’m writing this, I’m procrastinating on studying.
  • My only brother is 3 years younger than me and at various stages of our lives we’ve been mistaken for twins.
  • My undergraduate career spanned 5 1/2 years, two schools, and more than 200 credits.
  • In 2004, I was the Iowa State University Intramural ping pong singles and doubles champion!
  • My first part-time job was stringing tennis rackets. My favorite job to-date was with the Peace Corps where I worked as a small business advisor and helped entrepreneurs launch new businesses.
  • My favorite movies growing up were the “Back to the Future” trilogy.
  • Nerd alert! I’ve always enjoyed board games, and about a year ago I fell in love with Settlers of Catan – especially with the Cities and Knights expansion. I also enjoy Acquire, a rare property investment game made by 3M in the 1960s.
  • I can’t really swim and I’m the worst golfer you’ll ever see.
  • I’m currently writing a humorous travelogue about my adventures in Africa, similar to one of my favorite books “Sex Lives of Cannibals.”
  • Camembert Apple Chutney Quesadillas. I’m a self-proclaimed foodie and when time allows, I enjoy cooking. The aforesaid dish is one of my specialties.
  • I love traveling. At the top of my must-see list is Southeast Asia.
  • I created and dressed as a superhero named Moringa Man to teach the population of Burkina Faso about the health benefits of cooking with moringa, a super-nutritious plant.
  • I inherited my love for outdoor activities from my parents, who both hold graduate degrees in geology. During my childhood, we spent many summer vacations hiking and backpacking in the Rockies.
  • I once permed my hair because I liked the way the style looked in a Taco Bell commercial.
收藏 分享

谢谢

谢谢

谢谢z继续分享更多

lz继续分享

mark

thanks for sharing

thanks

mark

thanks for sharing

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭