返回列表 发帖

[Essay范文] Fuqua essay Sample---25 Random Things(2)

1. I was born in the US, raised in the UK, and have citizenship in both countries.

2. I played alto saxophone in a jazz nightclub in Prague.

3. My daughter’s name is Surrey. No, not because of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ daughter (Suri) and not because of the iPhone app (Siri), but because Surrey is where I grew up in England. And yes, people ask me those 2 questions all the time.

4. Surrey is spoiled: she had been to Disneyland more than 10 times before the age of 18 months, even though she’s never lived in California. My wife is from Orange County, so we would visit her family frequently while living in Utah, which always included multiple trips to Disneyland to get the most out of our season passes.

5. I played basketball and volleyball in multiple European countries. Since I attended a private international school in the U.K., our school teams would play other similar internationals schools in cities like Frankfurt, Brussels, Vienna, Athens, and Paris.

6. I don’t drink alcohol, and never have.

7. I’m a huge fan of BYU sports. When Jabari Parker picked Duke over BYU during last year’s basketball season, I was devastated. However, my feelings completely reversed once I chose Duke, too.

8. I went whitewater rafting on the Zambezi River in Africa.

9. I love the Beatles and enjoy talking about music for hours on end.

10. I kissed the Blarney Stone twice. Given that I’m fairly introverted, it seems the two kisses canceled each other out and left me without “the gift of gab” the stone promises.

11. I was married in San Diego, CA, on December 19, 2009.

12. I petted a “domesticated” cheetah in Namibia, Africa.

13. My favorite movie is “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”

14. I put Tabasco sauce or crushed chili peppers on almost everything I eat.

15. I learned and became fluent in Spanish while living in Canada for two years during an ecclesiastical mission for my church.

16. One of the most relaxing and serene activities I’ve participated in was skydiving. Really.

17. When I lived in Boston, the room I rented had previously been occupied by the actor Chris O’Donnell. In addition, Andy Kaufman, Mark Walberg, Ben Affleck, Casey Affleck, and Matt Damon had all previously lived in the house at one point, since the owner was Matt Damon’s godfather. Unfortunately, I have yet to personally meet any of them.

18. I am a terrible artist but have a real talent for Facebook Graffiti, oddly enough.

19. I went scuba diving with dolphins in the Red Sea. It was incredible.

20. I was the organist in my church congregation for 3 years, although I never took organ lessons.

21. Being a dad is the best thing ever. Currently, we just have the one daughter, Surrey, but hope to have more children in the future.

22. I love reading trivia and memorizing random facts, which comes in handy when my wife and I watch Jeopardy.

23. In the summer, I go through roughly one box of Otter Pops (popsicles) each week, leaving the blue ones.

24. When I was 18, I saw one of my musical heroes, Van Morrison, in concert. I’m pretty sure I was the youngest person in attendance by about 25 years.

25. My father-in-law is a nationally syndicated cartoonist and the creator of Drabble. I’m not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed that I have been the inspiration for several of the strip’s punch lines.
收藏 分享

mark

谢谢

thx

thx a lot,期盼下一篇

mark

LZ多搜集一些,可以帮助申请人

many thanks

many thanks

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务