返回列表 发帖

Campus Visits

Many business schools allow or even encourage students to conduct their admissions interviews during their campus visits. Although this can certainly be convenient, for a number of reasons I decided not to interview during my campus visits. This allowed me to be more relaxed during my campus visit, and to be more focused during my interviews. As a result I think I got more out of both the campus visits and the interviews.

University of Pennsylvania Wharton School

I visited the Wharton campus in October 2002. As you might have heard, the University of Pennsylvania is in a rather dodgy part of Philadelphia, but it’s probably not as bad as people make it out to be. As I’m from the Philadelphia area myself, I will admit that the city, though large, doesn’t have an immense amount to offer, although New York City (a 2.5 hour drive), gambling in Atlantic City (2 hours), and the beach (1.5 hours) are within easy driving distance.

The campus itself is quite nice, a typically American college campus with large expanses of lawns and trees. The business school is housed in a new building with all the facilities and amenities you would expect, including a state of the art wireless network. Most of the MBA students I talked to lived in downtown (Center City) Philadelphia rather than in the immediate area of the school.

During the day I spent on campus I attended an information session where the speaker, a woman from the admissions committee, seemed to be trying her best to be intimidating. After that I sat in on a marketing class which was interesting but unremarkable – there wasn’t a great deal of student interaction. I then had lunch with a number of current MBA students and was very impressed. They were all extremely well-rounded, articulate, and fun. Overall I came away with a very good impression of the school.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看