返回列表 发帖

[分享]来自OXFORD的几句话

OXFORD,SBS
Here are some points I made to a candidate's enquiries and it should also be helpful to you. If you have further questions, let me know.
"I did apply for HSBC loan. It was quite simple. Contact Rachel Nickerson for a contact person at HSBC in charge of SBS MBA loan and then contact the person as she directs. Soon you will receive an application pack from HSBC by mail. Prepare all documents as per requested. Mail it back to HSBC and wait for their decision. In 3 weeks you will receive an email confirming your loan in principle. You may request a letter from it for visa purpose in advance. After you land here, call the assigned person to make an appointment as soon as possible to sign the contract, open accounts and show him/her your original documents. Next step is to repay the loan and interest after you graduate.
It is not necessary to pay the tuition before 1 Sept. SBS knows the problem and it is OK to pay after the term begins. but you'd better let them know your payment plan. if you want to enjoy yourself with wandering around all day, you may come earlier than the term day. but you need to sort out your catering by yourself because no meals available before term day.
according to incomplete information, most Chinese MBAs of last year have landed jobs. Details of their employment are to be collected in the near future through alumni network. Only one guy landed a job in a small company in London. But quite a few Chinese alumni of previous years are said to work in Europe.
there are 10 students from mainland China this year. The number will reach 20 added up overseas Chinese students and might come around 30 if those half Chinese(?) students from Singapore, Malaysia, etc.
all our lectures are at SBS and I live 7 minutes by bicycle and 15 minutes on feet away from SBS. If you have a bike, you can get to SBS from any college (except Templeton) within 15 minutes. no worry about that.
as for course load, I should admit that this program keeps us crazy all day long. There are so many assignments and readings to be done and leaves little time for us to play around. But I think it depends on your capacity. Some fellows from western countries play a lot and do have fun. Chinese students generally spend more time on work and few failed exams last term.
accommodation varies from college to college, between GBP300-500 per month. Food expenses depend on your way of catering. Usually it is relatively cheaper to dine at college. It also varies from college to college. Roughly GBP10 per day. Other expenses vary with your living style. Take travel and socializing into account. I would say that GBP8000 is a tight budget but you can still make ends meet.
we Chinese fellows are getting on quite well. Most western fellows are also very nice and easy-going. If you spend enough time with them, you will be rewarded with good memories.
I think you can manage the finance courses with your current maths knowledge. There are lots of people with little maths skills while most of them past the finance and decision science exams. If you are really a poet of maths, then you need extra efforts to understand them. The courses demanding advanced maths knowledge are all electives of the last term. But you can choose courses requiring few calculations.
one extra point I want to make is that we are quite dissatisfied with its career service. We have little help from the school in job hunting. And this situation will not change in short-term."
收藏 分享

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看