返回列表 发帖

美国领事馆签证记实

北京时间2012/2/1。我现在在美国领事馆区的7天连锁酒店,上午7点开始在领事馆排队进行签证。今天有1500人来办理签证,包括留学,旅游等。各种电子设备,房卡,笔,都是不允许带的,我把随身带的笔仍了,胶棒可以带。房卡临时寄存在外面了,20元。
奥巴马总统的新政好像主要针对旅游签证,而对首次申请学生签证并不是很适用。整个下来的结果,并不如原先料想的乐观。领事官员拒绝了很多人,我前面的一个男生和后面的女生都被拒绝了,他们也都是申请F-1留学签证。我感觉此次签证的难度可能与08,09年相似,不是很容易的。VO问了我好像有十分钟,各种问题。好在所有问题都在我预料之中。虽然通过,但还是比较惊险。其中问道了我最敏感的一个问题是“你是硕士,为什么还要去读硕士”,其他的还好。总之,要做好充分准备,美国签证的发放依然是十分严格。我清清楚楚的听到签证官对我前面的男生用中文说“对不起我不能给你签证,你不符合我们的要求”,下面一个就是我,当时真是催人尿下。有的组是6个人拒绝4个,我们4人一组拒绝了一个,以后来签证的各位同学一定要做好充分的准备。当然,也可能是我遇到的签证官太严格,不知道其他窗口怎么样。
如下,是我对签证的整个回忆(全英对话):
Me: Nice to meet you. (Handing my documents) Thank you.
我:见到你很高兴。(提交材料),谢谢。
VO: Why you chose XXX?
签证官:为什么你选择XXX学?
Me: That University fits me best. Do you want me to explain in details?
我:这个学校很适合我。您想听我详细道来吗?
VO: No, just tell me why you choose XXX University.
签证官:不,告诉我为什么你选择这个学校。
Me: My friends say that XXX is a good university in Minnesota.
我:我的朋友们说这是一个好大学。
VO: So you have friends in Minnesota?
签证官:你在明尼苏达有朋友?
Me: I come from XXXXX. In my university, there are many foreign teachers. Most of them are from Minnesota. I befriended with them and chatting with them. That’s how I know Minnesota.
我:我来自XXXX。在我的学校里,有很多外教。他们大多来自明尼苏达州。我和他们交朋友,经常聊天,我是如此知道明尼苏达的。
VO: You applied for other universities too?
签证官:你也申请了其他学校吗?
Me: Yes. Florida state University, Florida Southern College, University of Arkansas, etc, about 7.
我:是的,佛罗里达州立大学,南弗罗里达学院,阿肯色大学等,大概是7个。
VO: Have you ever been to other countries?
签证官:你以前去过其他国家吗?
Me: Yes, I have been to Singapore and Malaysia. I also brought my old passport with me. Do you want to see?
我:是的,我去过新加坡和马来西亚。我带来了我的旧护照,您想看吗?
VO: Yes.
签证官:想。
Me: (Handing in my old passport which contains the visas from Singapore and Malaysia).
我:(递交旧护照,上面有新加坡和马来西亚的签证)。
VO: Where you got your first degree?
签证官:你是在哪里获得第一学位的?
Me: XXXXXXXXXXX.
我:XXXXXXXXXXX。
VO: What do you do after that?
签证官:之后你做了什么?
Me: I moved to XXXXX. I passed the Entrance Exam for Graduate.
我:我去了XXX,通过了研究生入学考试。
VO: So you are a student now?
签证官:你现在是学生?
Me: Right now, yes.
我:是的。
VO: Master?
签证官:硕士?
Me: Yes. My current major is Enterprise Management.
我:对,我现在的专业是企业管理。
VO: Three years?
签证官:三年?
Me: Yes, three years and I will graduate in July, this year.
我:对,三年,今年7月毕业。
VO: Wait for me for one minute. (Then he went to somewhere, maybe checking my I-20 Form).
签证官:等一下。(不知道去哪里了,可能是检查我的I-20表格)。
After 2 minutes…
两分钟后…
VO: So you are a master already, why you go for another master?
签证官:你已经是硕士,为什么还要去读硕士?
Me: Well, my undergraduate major is network engineering, and my current major is enterprise management. The higher education in China is not very good. My professor always asks me to do trivialities. Thus I am always busy with small things and I don’t feel I learned much in the field in the management. Therefore, I want to experience American education and broaden my views.
我:这个~我的本科专业是网络工程,现在是企业管理。中国的高等教育不容乐观,我导师总叫我做些杂事,所以我终日被俗物所累,没有学到什么东西。所以我想体验美国教育,开阔视野。
VO: Who pay your study in USA?
签证官:谁来资助你?
Me: Family funds. My father and my uncle, uncle refers to my father’s sister’s husband.
我:家庭存款。我爸和我姑父,姑父指的是我爸爸的姐姐的老公。
VO: (Typing on keyboard all the time).
签证官:(老打字)
Me: My father is working in XXX and my mum XXXX. I also brought the business certificate, do you want to see?
我:我爸是XXXX的,我妈XXXX,我也带来了营业执照,您要看一下吗?
VO: No.
签证官:不要。
VO: Ok you got it.
签证官:好吧,你通过了。
Me: Thank you.
我:谢谢。
我的心得就是,口语一定要好,最好要有王侯将相的气质,不卑不亢。一定要遵守美国的习俗,懂得相关文明用语,比如Nice to meet you.多说Thank you. 别的没什么了。Good luck, everyone. Be confident and you will get it.
收藏 分享

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看