返回列表 发帖
INTERNSHIPS

Number of companies that recruited internship-seeking undergraduate business students on campus in 2009-10 academic year: 51
Number of companies that posted internships for undergraduate business students on school job boards in 2009-10 academic year: 801
Firms that hired the most 2010 undergrad business majors for internships:
Bank of America Merrill Lynch 26
General Electric 9
Target Corporation 8
University Directories 8
Altria Group 6
Wells Fargo 6
Ernst & Young 5
Northwestern Mutual Financial Network 5
Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC 4
Goldman Sachs 4
KPMG, LLC 4
Morgan Stanley 4
UBS 4
BlackRock 3
Procter & Gamble 3
Internship pay
Percentage of internships from July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010 that were paid: 85 %
Mean compensation, per week, for paid internships only: $600.00
Median compensation, per week, for paid internships only: $500.00
Average internship length, in weeks: 10

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI

Total number of undergraduate business program graduates since inception: 24,109
Total living alumni of the undergraduate business program: 19529
Percent of living undergraduate business alumni who contributed to the program or university July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010: 27 %
Alumni gifts
Mean Gift: $2,312.00
Median Gift: $200.00
Did undergraduate business program receive any individual gift in excess of $10 million from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010?: No
Prominent alums of the undergrad business program
Hugh McColl Retired Chairman & CEO, Bank of America
Gary Parr Deputy Chairman, Lazard Freres and Co.
Brent Callinicos VP and Treasurer, Google Inc.

-Kenan-Flagler places an emphasis on teamwork that is unparalleled at other business schools. The atmosphere at the business school encourages scholarship and community with other BSBAs and with MBAs and MACs. Students are bright and committed but not cutthroat competitive with one another. It's a mutually encouraging program.

-You go to class with people who are both dynamic and top performers. Everyone I know takes classes and projects extremely seriously. (They wouldn't have been admitted to Kenan-Flagler without top performance on the main campus), but they are also likely to play a sport, play an instrument, do pro bono work, and study abroad. It's a privilege to be in such a high caliber and interesting crowd.

-I really appreciate the focus on a well-rounded education. KFBS does a lot to combine classroom instruction with various out-of-the-classroom activities to allow business students to effectively be prepared for the transition to the business world. KFBS provides avenues for everyone to get involved as much as they possibly can and to actively pursue their careers.

-The program should be a four-year program; two years is not enough to learn the full material and also study abroad and take other general education courses.

-My classmates at the business school are extremely intelligent and driven. The atmosphere at KFBS is very team oriented with team projects/homework in every class. Classes are small and teachers have high expectations of their students. With name cards in front of you, you must always be ready to answer a question. However, teachers aren't looking to make you feel stupid, but rather they are holding you accountable for participating in your education. With the program beginning junior year, I realized just how special KFBS was in comparison to my general education in the first two years. Some of my best college friends I found at KFBS.

-Our business program's curriculum really focuses on the interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in business. Leadership and teamwork skills are given a heavy emphasis in all core and elective classes. There are also a great number of opportunities to connect with MBA students and to work on teams with MBA students in applied business situations.

-There should be a better focus on career services.

-The school focuses on having students work in groups in a majority of our classes. It helps develop different leadership styles and teaches students how to interact in these situations. Also, there are a plethora of study abroad opportunities. I didn't want to spend a full semester abroad, but being able to travel for just two weeks during summer or on spring break is really outstanding.

-UNC Kenan-Flagler's program focuses not only on high-level critical thinking skills, but also on practical expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, and business writing.

-I would like there to be more of an emphasis placed on helping students outside of finance and consulting to find jobs.

-While students are motivated and ambitious, Kenan-Flagler students are congenial. In addition, the faculty (though extremely knowledgeable) are very down to earth and easy to relate to. The faculty clearly seem to consider students first as they tailor all communications to best aid students, and they weave in current events and relevant examples. Overall, Kenan-Flagler embraces both excellence and a teamwork-oriented atmosphere.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看