返回列表 发帖
INTERNSHIPS

Number of companies that recruited internship-seeking undergraduate business students on campus in 2009-10 academic year: 99
Number of companies that posted internships for undergraduate business students on school job boards in 2009-10 academic year: 301
Firms that hired the most 2010 undergrad business majors for internships:
KPMG 23
Bank of America, Merrill Lynch 23
Ernst & Young 18
Johnson & Johnson 16
PricewaterhouseCoopers 12
Grant Thornton 7
Barclays 7
Deloitte 6
JPMorgan/JPMorgan Private Bank 6
NBC Universal 6
Citi/Citi Smith Barney 5
Vanguard 4
Bloomberg 4
Dow Jones 3
Credit Suisse 3
Internship pay
Percentage of internships from July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010 that were paid: 58 %
Mean compensation, per week, for paid internships only: $733.00
Median compensation, per week, for paid internships only: $800.00
Average internship length, in weeks: 11

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI

Total number of undergraduate business program graduates since inception: 25,020
Total living alumni of the undergraduate business program: 22872
Alumni gifts
Did undergraduate business program receive any individual gift in excess of $10 million from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010?: No
Prominent alums of the undergrad business program
Anthony C. Zinni (BS Economics 1965) Retired Four Star General and Commander
James V. O'Donnell (BS Economics 1963) CEO, American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
Robert J. McCarthy (BSBA 1975) Group President, Marriott International, Inc.

-VSB is all about teamwork and hands on learning. I can't even count the number group projects and case studies that we have done but it is outstanding. I feel prepared for anything out of school. Because of VSB, I was offered three starting positions out of school at very competitive salaries.

-The group simulations and semester-long projects are outstanding and very applicable to real life. The Clay Center is an excellent student resource and the networking receptions and guest speakers are frequent and helpful.

-I would have liked to see a little more specialization in the classes that students are required to take for each major and be able to take more classes in my major. However I have been provided with a great base of business knowledge and I do not feel the program lacks anything major.

-Our business program concentrates on much more than simply just the schooling aspect. We are taught how to present, how to communicate, how to lead, and how to be a member of a team--all crucial aspects to become successful businesspersons. Villanova's community fosters our growth and prepares us for real-world situations.

-I have not had a business class larger than 35 students and professors take time to not only learn your name but also to learn about students and try to help them. They are always around for extra help or office hours.

-Personally, I would appreciate more innovative programs in the marketing department. Interactive marketing, social media, and advertising are not strong programs at Villanova, and as someone interested in a more creative field, I wish I could have experimented more in college with programs.

-Villanova School of Business is unique in that the curriculum has evolved to become more integrated between different business disciplines. Marketing and management classes I took as two separate three-credit classes are now being taught as completely integrated courses. Similarly, introductory accounting and finance classes have also been integrated. These changes match the administration's desire to simulate the evolving nature of an integrated business world in our classrooms here at Villanova.

-I think the school should expand its co-op program. Not everyone knows about this opportunity and I can truly say that it truly enriched my professional development.

-Every student is very competitive which is a driving force behind people trying to be the best they can be. The physical building of the business program is also state of the art. Having 15 Bloomberg terminals exposes students to a crucial tool that most universities do not offer.

-There seems to be too much of an emphasis on finance and accounting, I think it takes away from the other business majors. This is especially true senior year when we are all looking for jobs and a huge portion of events/jobs/campus interviews are only for students with accounting/finance background. It's no doubt that Villanova has the strongest accounting/finance program around, but the other majors have an equally as rigorous and noteworthy coursework and I think they should focus more career services for the other majors.

-Our business program does a very good job of integrating all aspects of the business discipline into our curriculum and understanding. We are well-balanced students. The average Villanova School of Business student will know more about disciplines outside of his/her own (i.e. knowing about finance if you are an accounting major, or the other way around) than would a student at other universities of the same major or discipline.

-A more business-centric liberal arts curriculum would help with classes such as calculus and English composition, where currently each is catered to its own discipline. i.e. there were no finance applications studied in calculus, nor any business-style writing done in English composition classes.

-Like many other business schools we have strong alumni connections, many workshops and guest speakers, rigorous curriculum, and great professors. There are a few things that set us apart. Our entire campus is wireless. Our business school has top of the line technology. We have projectors in each classroom, which make it easy for teachers and students to give presentations, Skype a guest lecturer, or watch a film. Our Applied Finance Lab is also state of the art and gives students the opportunity to get Bloomberg certified. At Villanova we combine our Augustinian background with our business school. Therefore we learn both business and ethics, which is important in this day and age. Overall I think Villanova School of Business is superior because of its curriculum, technology, and Augustan history.

-I think the university should continue with its efforts to bridge classroom theory with real world events. I also think professors should encourage more student/professor discussion in the classroom because that makes the educational experience dynamic as opposed to having a one-sided lecture. This sends out a message of commitment to critical thinkers and not just people who do well in tests.

-The Clay Center is what really makes Villanova unique. Every student gets an academic advisor, a peer advisor, and a major advisor. The Clay Center makes sure that every student is doing well. Every academic problem or question you have can be answered or addressed here.

-Honestly, the quality of the students could be better. There are certainly many highly intelligent students, but also a significant amount of bums who skate through classes and don't pull their weight in group classes.

-The quality of students and their desire to learn outside of the classroom is really what makes us strong. Speaking solely for finance, I can say that students often read books in their spare time and follow their own portfolios because they have a true interest in the markets. Currently, I am involved with a group of 13 other students and we are having a trading competition. I feel that at other schools, this sort of interest would not exist. One reason I think that we have this interest is our Applied Finance Lab. With at least 16 Bloomberg terminals, students have the most up to date data, research, and analysis. This does not even bring up the other data resources that our school subscribes to for the finance lab. The other difference for in class learning is our core curriculum of strong professors. Since we do not have many graduate programs, our undergraduate core classes are taught with teachers who actually care if you succeed. Meeting with teachers is easy, and you can truly develop strong relationships with your professor. Since they are more focused on you rather than their research or PhDs, you get the best education possible.

-Being a Catholic school, there is a strong emphasis on ethics and the liberal arts side of learning. With a strong emphasis on this core curriculum, students get an extremely well rounded education.

-Villanova University is located only 30 minutes outside Philadelphia making it in very close proximity to a lot of employers (within the city) and being such a prestigious school, the school attracts a lot of employers on campus so that it is easy for students to meet potential employers.

-Being a Catholic school, there is a strong emphasis on ethics and the liberal arts side of learning. With a strong emphasis on this core curriculum, students get an extremely well rounded education.

-Villanova University is located only 30 minutes outside Philadelphia making it in very close proximity to a lot of employers (within the city) and being such a prestigious school, the school attracts a lot of employers on campus so that it is easy for students to meet potential employers.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看