Countries in which MBA clubs exist: 35
Business school endowment $404,279,101.00
Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni? No
Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site? Yes
University alumni networking site: http://www.columbia.edu/alumni
Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site? Yes
Business school alumni networking site: http://www.gsb.columbia.edu/alumni
Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database? Yes

Columbia EMBA program emphasizes the importance of soft skills, as well as leadership qualities. It’s not all about numbers and formulas.

The career management office at Columbia EMBA program tries hard to differentiate themselves from that of the full time program. But sometimes, it feels like the full time program still sees EMBA as MBA-lite, which can get annoying especially at recruiting events.

One of the great things about going to Columbia's EMBA program if you live in New York City is that you still have access to the activities and resources of the regular MBA program, which includes outstanding visiting speakers, clubs, conferences and networking events.

The only pet peeve that we all have was the program did not force residence of all students over the weekend. While all the commuting students would stay back in the city the locals would depart to their homes. I would having everyone staying in some location would have increased the networking opportunity further and forced people to build lasting personal relationships.

Columbia has an excellent personal, professional, and academic support system that encourages students to pursue their passions. As a student, you have access to a wide array of courses and have life time audit rights. As a professional, your peers are all equally competent and passionate about their careers.

Not having attended business school in my 20s, I know I lacked some of the foundations of finance. Columbia filled each hole and extended my knowledge base. We were half case work, half lecture, both of which focused on current events, not out of date cases from 1986.

Columbia provides for almost your every need. With breakfast and lunch provided you can focus solely on studying once you are there. With planned events almost every weekend you don't have to look for a place to go out and grab a beer with your classmates. As long as you can keep to you reading and assignment schedule Columbia puts everything else on autopilot for you.

Since we are able to go back and audit any course at Columbia for ever, no charge, I know that I will always be able to enhance my education in 5, 10 or 15 years. This program is perfect for 27 year olds to 40 year olds, not just interested in getting those three letters but really learning. I am very happy to have gone to Columbia and will be proud to be an Alumnus this fall.

I would have liked more online technology with access to review sessions, tutorials, e-learning to do on my own when taking a challenging class.

Don't expect to get a lot of help from the professors because they are leaders in their fields and they don't have a lot of time for questions outside the classroom. However, I learned so much from listening to the professors and doing the homework. You can't get that kind of exposure elsewhere.

It is very much "a choose your own adventure" experience. Some people chose to be super nerds and got a great education. Some chose to be party animals and had a fun filled 20 months. Columbia gives you the options and flexibility to choose any path you want.

There needs to be more emphasis on general management. Columbia's curriculum is dominated by Finance, which is understandable given the location, but even finance people need to know how to manage themselves and other people, and lead their companies.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看