返回列表 发帖

Yale MBA Round 1 / Adcom / On-campus (January 4th, 2010)

The visit was well organized and the atmosphere was welcoming. The woman who greeted all of the prospective students was helpful and warm. I was able to attend two classes. The Director of Admissions took time to speak to the group in an informal, open setting.

Apparently all of the interviews that day were supposed to be conducted by second years but were conducted by adcom instead as the second years had the flu.

The first question was "What did you do for fun in high school?" It would have taken me quite off-guard if some fellow interviewees had not told me before I went in that they were asked this question. From there, we walked through my school/career path, and I spoke about why I made the choices I made. Specifically, she asked about my majors, my extracurriculars, what I considered my greatest achievement at work, and what projects I was currently working on for my company. I had time abroad in my interviewers home country, so she asked more personal questions about that. We spent a good portion of time talking about my future career plans, be prepared to be very specific and have a logical path to speak about. At the end, I asked several questions about the school and her background. The interview lasted exactly 30 minutes.

I was surprised at how difficult it was to make the interview into a conversation. My interviewer was very clipped and hard to read. She asked a few follow up questions but not as many as I expected (i.e. make sure you answer each question in full - you might not have a chance to clarify if you do not). I did not have a great feeling after the interview, but in the end I suppose it went well - I was accepted!
收藏 分享

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看