返回列表 发帖

Yale MBA Round 2 / Second Year Student / On-Campus (February 11th, 2010)

My interview was with a second-year student in a small conference room near the admissions office. I asked to move up my interview time because of some rescheduling I needed to do, and the admissions staff was very helpful in facilitating that. I didn't look at a clock, but I'd say the interview lasted from 30 to 40 minutes.

My interviewer started off by describing a little bit about himself. After that he looked over my resume and we talked through some f my various positions. He noted a couple of bullet points and asked me to explain them more in-depth. After that he covered the basic "why MBA", "why now", "why Yale" questions, followed by a discussion of my career goals and plans immediately following graduation. After that he answered a few of my questions, and later, via email, he put me in touch with some other students interested in the same things I am. He was friendly and professional, and the whole experience was more like a conversation than an interview. All the other interviewees I talked to said their interview went well too, so a positive feeling seems to be the norm.

My advice: be able to expound on your resume, know how you can tie some of the bullet points into the classic interview stories you should have at hand, and work on your transitions. Even if a question doesn't directly address something you want to say, you can sometimes reasonably transition to something you do want to talk about. Lastly, I'd recommend scheduling your interview for 2:30 pm or later so you have the opportunity to sit in on two classes during the day. That way you'll have more to talk about during the chit-chat moments before and after the interview.

Good luck!
收藏 分享

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看