Marketing

Media & Entertainment

Other

Active MBA networking clubs open to part-time students:

Partners/Family

Volunteer

Wine

Women in MBA

Do part-time MBA students have their own area/center on campus?
No

Do part-time MBA students have break-out rooms?
Yes

TEACHING/ACADEMICS
Teaching Methods:

Case Study: 25  %
Distance Learning: 0  %
Experiential Learning: 20  %
Lectures: 25  %
Simulations: 10  %
Team Projects: 20  %
Other: 0  %

Estimated number of hours per week students spend working in class and outside the classroom:

Teachers in the part-time program:

Tenured teachers in the part-time program:

Faculty also teaching in full-time program:
48  %

Faculty with at least five years of full-time corporate experience:
45  %

Average core class size:

Average elective class size:

Electives available:

Recently added electives:
Leadership Strategies

Last curriculum revision:

Recent curriculum changes:
N/A

Concentrations and specializations offered to part-time MBAs:

Accounting

Entrepreneurship

Finance

Marketing

Operations Management

Strategy

Other

Additional concentrations offered:
Information Systems (IS)

Does the B-school offer an accelerated part-time MBA program?
No

Leading areas of study:

Finance

Management Information Systems

Marketing

Strategy

Graduation requirements:

Students must have attended a minimum number of classes

Students must have earned a pre-determined GPA/letter grade average

Other:

Completion of three, one-week long offsite residential courses.

Credits required to graduate:

TECHNOLOGY
Technology improvements in the last three academic years:
Classroom renovations included smart podiums. All large classrooms have twin projectors, high speed wireless networks, and laptop power at every seat. Classroom capture systems and built-in robotic cameras allow all instruction in largest classrooms to be streamed live via the Internet for classes, TA sessions, and conferences.

Amount spent:
$  512,000

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI
Living MBA alumni:

Active MBA alumni clubs:

Countries in which MBA clubs exist:

Living MBA alumni who gave in past year:
5  %

Mean gift from MBA alumni:
$  657

Median gift from MBA alumni:
$  233

Did school receive an individual gift in excess of $10 million in the past academic year?
No

Business school endowment
$  15,400,000

Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni?
Yes

Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

University alumni networking site:
http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/CAI

Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

Business school alumni networking site:
http://merage.uci.edu/Alumni/

Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database?
Yes

CAREER SERVICES
  Do part-time MBAs have access to career development office?
Yes

If yes, at what point in the degree process are part-time MBA students able to use the service?
At any time

Are part-time MBAs permitted to interview for full-time jobs?
Yes

Are part-time students included in resume drops?
Yes

Organizations that send the most participants to the part-time MBA program:

Boeing

Capital Group

Rockwell Collins

PIMCO Pacific Investment Mgmt

Verizon

[I had] many great professors. [I] was able to leverage class projects as opportunities to enhance my visibility at work. [I] worked with a great group of well-positioned peers across a multitude of industries and professions. The program almost immediately began paying for itself in terms of opportunities that became available to me. [I] heard from colleagues at other MBA programs that their experiences were not as good.

It seemed that a lot of the education was very high level. This is important in covering numerous topics, however, I felt that there could have been more analysis and more critical thinking.

Strengths include intimate knowledge of subject material, creative lecturing styles that capture the class? attention, and stimulating group projects to further understanding of subject material. Weaknesses include too much information packed into a 10-week course, which meant that we could only gloss over the subject material and some professors relied too much on case studies.

The program is of high quality and allows for flexibility with its part-time students holding full-time jobs. However, I feel that post-graduation networking and career services leading up to graduation are subpar. I don't feel that the university has a strong network or relationships with companies in the area, which makes it more difficult to find employment through school resources

The school made a great effort to make our day-to-day experiences trouble free (from the meals to ordering our books and parking passes). [Administrators] encouraged interaction not only with the full-time students, but with our executive MBAs and students from other schools as well. They provided wonderful facilities for students to use and encouraged us to take advantage of all the amenities that the university offered to us.

The career planning office, while available to part-time students, is geared more toward the full-time students. It would have been great if more effort could have been put into place to assist the part-time students.

There were a series of breakfasts with the dean, innovative leaders in different companies, entrepreneurial talks, and guest speakers from different industries. I felt the program offered a lot of opportunities for students to get good exposure to areas outside their concentrations.

Interaction between full-time students was difficult because they had a different schedule. Maybe a few more mixers or outside-of-school mixers [would have helped].

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看