Other

Active MBA networking clubs open to part-time students:

Black MBA Association

Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual

Hispanic Student Organization

International Club

Women in MBA

Other

Do part-time MBA students have their own area/center on campus?
Yes

Do part-time MBA students have break-out rooms?
Yes

TEACHING/ACADEMICS
Teaching Methods:

Case Study: 25  %
Distance Learning: 0  %
Experiential Learning: 5  %
Lectures: 45  %
Simulations: 5  %
Team Projects: 20  %
Other: 0  %

Estimated number of hours per week students spend working in class and outside the classroom:

Teachers in the part-time program:

Tenured teachers in the part-time program:

Faculty also teaching in full-time program:
100  %

Average core class size:

Average elective class size:

Electives available:

Recently added electives:
Pricing Strategies for Sustainable Competitive Advanta

Last curriculum revision:

Recent curriculum changes:
The addition of selectives. Within the Globalizaton, Entrepreneurship & Technology fields, students will have a choice of courses to meet their requirements. The addition of two credit electives.

Concentrations and specializations offered to part-time MBAs:

Accounting

Corporate Social Responsibility

E-commerce

Entrepreneurship

Finance

General Management

International Business

Leadership

Marketing

Operations Management

Organizational Behavior

Strategy

Other

Additional concentrations offered:
Consulting
Management & Information Systems
Supply Chain Management
Technology
Portfolio Management

Does the B-school offer an accelerated part-time MBA program?
No

Leading areas of study:

Consulting

Entrepreneurship

Finance

Marketing

Strategy

Graduation requirements:

Students must have earned a pre-determined GPA/letter grade average

Credits required to graduate:

TECHNOLOGY
Technology improvements in the last three academic years:
Van Munching Hall, home to the Smith School, is one of the most technologically advanced business school buildings in the world. In 2008, a 38,000 square foot North Wing addition to Van Munching Hall opened. It houses four state-of-the-art classrooms, four conference rooms, and 10 student/team rooms and an executive meeting space equipped with a NASDAQ ticker. Recent upgrades to the original Van Munching Hall include the addition of video cameras, instructor touch panels, AV controls, and projection units. Other technology improvements include: a Mac Lab equipped with 20 iMac computers with 24” monitors and Adobe Creative Suite 3 and other media applications, along with scanners and printers. Many of our netcentric laboratories were upgraded. In the Supply Chain Lab, we now have the first Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology. In the Finance Lab, we added thin client hardware and now all finance applications are available via the Web. (Reuters Financial Certification is available.) The Behavioral Lab’s addition of an Audio Visual Lab is equipped with a Tobii eye tracker, along with audio and video capabilities to record team interactions and a large display screen to review and edit recorded data. Students have 1GB of e-mail and file storage space allotted to them and the Postini spam filter is in use. Smith uses PSync to allow a single sign on to access all UM online resources. A new Smith School Web site was launched in 2008 and video podcasts are available online and via iTunes. MBA Networth is the online community of practice for students. It includes course schedules, program announcements, classroom applications, virtual library, upcoming events, online directory and personal profiles. New improvements this year include student club sign up and work flow applications. This allows students to edit their profiles and sign up for specific clubs. The club memberships are permanently recorded in their profiles. Students are able to use the school’s CVENT online event management system to manage their club events. Turning Point software is installed in all classrooms allowing students to participate in classroom instruction using clickers for real-time results. In the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C., the Smith space was renovated and upgraded and all class and lab machines were replaced and additional printing services were added along with an upgrade to the wireless network, including the installation of a TLS line. New Bloomberg terminals were installed at the Ronald Reagan building for students to gain access to financial market information. These terminals also support the new Center for Financial Policy. The MySmith portal allows students to gain access to top industry database subscriptions and research applications such as Thomson Reuters, Standard and Poor's, Compustat, IBISWorld, RiskMetrics, DataStream Advance and other popular applications.

Amount spent:
$  8,670,717

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI
Living MBA alumni:

Active MBA alumni clubs:

Countries in which MBA clubs exist:

Living MBA alumni who gave in past year:
2  %

Did school receive an individual gift in excess of $10 million in the past academic year?
No

Business school endowment
$  32,769,198

Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni?
Yes

Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

University alumni networking site:
http://alumni.umd.edu/

Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

Business school alumni networking site:
http://www.alumninetwork.rhsmithumd.edu

Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database?
Yes

CAREER SERVICES
  Do part-time MBAs have access to career development office?
Yes

If yes, at what point in the degree process are part-time MBA students able to use the service?
At any time

Are part-time MBAs permitted to interview for full-time jobs?
Yes

Are part-time students included in resume drops?
Yes

Organizations that send the most participants to the part-time MBA program:

Lockheed Martin

Northrop Grumman

US Navy

Booz Allen Hamilton

T Rowe Price

I like the program format, the quality of the education, flexibility, and the options to tailor your course selections to your individual educational goals. I'm also in the Army Reserve and had many classes interrupted by temporary Army duty or mobilization. The school and instructors were incredibly accommodating to the extra challenges I faced.

The Smith MBA is among the best in the country, in my opinion. As an MBA student at Smith, I had the opportunity to learn management, strategy, and finance from expert professors who are well known in the industry. The program is comprehensive and well thought out with a mix of case studies, lectures, and experiential learning. In addition, the electives offered me a chance to delve in-depth into several areas that are key to a successful management career: global strategy, pricing, negotiations, new venture finance, valuations, game theory, M&A, and management consulting. The school also gave me the opportunity to participate in many extra-curricular activities that enhanced my learning and network toward a great post-MBA career

I really loved my MBA experience. I already miss learning new things and seeing my classmates regularly. University of Maryland was a great choice. I went to a private university for undergrad, and was really blown away by the intelligence of my classmates at U of M.

The administration at Maryland was subpar. Teachers were good but the number of credits per class changed while I was attending, which made it difficult to graduate.

Great value for the money. Best program in DC area.

The cohort period was great for building camaraderie and a sense of community. The Baltimore facilities need improvement. The DC facilities are fantastic.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看