返回列表 发帖
LSAT TEST1 SECTION1 NO。17,答案是A,我选的是B。关键是从题目中,没办法看出A中所谓的rob the human race
17. The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is that it robs the human race. It takes from posterity, as well as the existing generation, and from those who dissent from the opinion even more than from those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth; if it is wrong, they lose what is almost as great a benefit: the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error.
Which one of the following best expresses the conclusion presented in the argument?
(A) Silencing the expression of an opinion is robbing the human race.
(B) Silencing the expression of an opinion harms those who dissent more than those who agree.
(C) Anyone who agrees with an opinion would not want to silence its expression.
(D) Gaining a clearer perception and livelier impression of truth is a great benefit.
(E) The greatest benefit is the opportunity of exchanging truth for error.

TEST1 SECTION4 NO。18,答案是E,我选的是D。题目就不太懂。
If the artificial is not better than the natural, to what end are all the arts of life? To dig, to plow, to build, to wear clothes—all are direct violations of the injunction to follow nature.
18. If the author’s argument were challenged on the grounds that the construction of buildings has adverse effects on the natural environment, which of the following replies might the author use to respond to the challenge logically?
(A) There are human activities, such as making music, that are environmentally harmless.
(B) Harming the environment is not an end, of purpose, of the arts of life.
(C) The construction could involve the use of natural, not artificial, materials.
(D) Constructing buildings is not an “art of life.”
(E) Even if the natural environment is disturbed by the construction of buildings, it is improved for human use.

NO。22,答案是A,我选的是C。也是题目不懂。
22. It is illogical to infer a second and different effect from a cause which is known only by one particular effect. This is incorrect because the inferred effect must necessarily be produced by some different characteristic of the cause than is the observed effect, which already serves entirely to describe the cause.
Which one of the following arguments makes the same logical error as the one described by the author in the passage?
(A) An anonymous donor gave a thousand dollars to our historical society. I would guess that that individual also volunteers at the children’s hospital.
(B) The radioactive material caused a genetic mutation, which, in turn, caused the birth defect. Therefore, the radioactive material caused the birth defect.
(C) The tiny, unseen atom is the source of immense power. It must be its highly complex structure that produces this power.
(D) The city orchestra received more funds from the local government this year than ever before. Clearly this administration is more civic-minded than previous ones.
(E) If I heat water, which is a liquid, it evaporates. If I heat hundreds of other liquids like water, they evaporate. Therefore, if I heat any liquid like water, it will evaporate

XDJM们,我100分钟做了一个SECTION(26题),错了9题,我这个水平考GMAT是不是死定了???
唉,求大家给点指导,在下不胜感激。!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is z_weining's “有关无关”的解题方法. thanks

各路仙人请指点:LSAT第一册17套题,对于GMAT常考题型加强削弱等什么的,时间一道2分钟,正确率为57%,是不是过于差,而且感觉第一便没有发生质的提高,是不是需做2便3遍。。。

LAST与我手中的蓝皮书,吴东发的题目怎么对不上???
请指教?大家用的什么书?

LSAT是黄色封面的书。
wxd5118:你的情况最好是再做一遍LSAT。
Robert之家-----我的家园

Test 5  section 4/1
The translator of poetry must realize that word for word equivalents do not exist across language, any more than piano sounds exist in the violin . The violin can , however, play recognizably the same music as the piano, but only if the violinist is guided by the nature and possibilities of the violin as well as by the original composition.
As applied to the act of translating poetry from language into another, the analogy above can best be understood as saying that

(d)the translator must ovserve the spirit of the original and also the qualities of expression that characterize the language into which the original is translated.

my question is how to explain the answer d , and whats the means of problem?

虽然这很是给斑竹找麻烦!

以下是引用Jean在2002-12-23 16:38:16的发言:
斑竹同志,我想提一个请求。可不可以将此专刊每个星期整理一下,以文本格式可以下载下来。里面标注题目和针对此题的所有讨论。这样我们后来者就不会看得那么辛苦了。

不过这也是我的愿望啊!我们着离开了lsat逻辑专版专攻gmat很是新颖啊!如果能把大家讨论的结晶装订成册岂不是更好吗!!

现在专门开了一个lsat专区就是为了方便大家察看lsat的疑难问题解答,大家有什么问题也尽管可以在这里提,肯定会有热情的战友来解答的。
但我们这里是G友交流的家园,但不是有提供服务义务的收费网站,所有参加讨论的G友都是自愿的,所有管理bbs以及整理机井的斑竹也都是用业余时间义务为大家提供无私的服务。如果linlin315和Jean两位朋友愿意为大家做整理工作的话,大家一定举双手支持并且尽力配合地说![em06]
中华国内一亡命徒!

很高兴在这里找到LSAT逻辑的大讨论区。
逻辑是最让人头疼的东东了,感觉虽然一些技巧会帮助解题,但根本的问题还是在于训练思维能力。做了LSAT,才发现自己的脑子原来不那么好使呢,不过权当是做脑力体操好了。

请大牛们帮我分析这道题T16-SII-20
20. S. R. Evans: A few critics have dismissed my poems as not being poems and have dismissed me as not being a poet. But one principle of criticism has it that only true poets can recognize poetic creativity or function as critics of poetry-and that the only true poets are those whose work conveys genuine poetic creativity. But I have read the work of these critics; none of it demonstrated poetic creativity. These critics' judgments should be rejected, since these critics are not true poets.

The argument above is vulnerable to criticism on the grounds that it

(A) presupposes what it sets out to conclude, since the principle requires that only true poets can determine whether the critics' work demonstrates poetic creativity

(B) uses the distinction between poets and critics as though everyone fell into one category or the other

(C) gives no justification for the implicit claim that the standing of a poet can be judged independently of his or her poetry

(D) makes an unjustifiable distinction, since it is possible that some critics are also poets

(E) inevitably leads to the conclusion that poets can never learn to improve their poetry, since no poet is in a position to criticize his or her own work
谁能帮我分析一下下面这一部分的句子结构,特别是it的作用,谢先

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看