Teaching Methods:

Case Study: 24  %
Distance Learning: 5  %
Experiential Learning: 15  %
Lectures: 30  %
Simulations: 6  %
Team Projects: 20  %
Other: 0  %

Estimated number of hours per week students spend working in class and outside the classroom:

Teachers in the part-time program:

Tenured teachers in the part-time program:

Faculty with at least five years of full-time corporate experience:
56  %

Average core class size:

Average elective class size:

Electives available:

Recently added electives:
Doing Business In China
Sales Force Strategies
Financial Statement Analysis

Last curriculum revision:

Recent curriculum changes:
N/A

Concentrations and specializations offered to part-time MBAs:

Accounting

Entrepreneurship

Finance

General Management

Human Resource Management

International Business

Marketing

Other

Additional concentrations offered:
Information and Decision Sciences

Does the B-school offer an accelerated part-time MBA program?
Yes

Leading areas of study:

Entrepreneurship

Finance

General Management

International Business

Marketing

Graduation requirements:

Students must have attended a minimum number of classes

Students must have earned a pre-determined GPA/letter grade average

Other:

Student has 3 choices: (a)In-depth company business plan or (b)Year-long Comparative Management Systems sequence with a 3-week international trip or (c) 3 more Strategy courses

Credits required to graduate:

TECHNOLOGY
Technology improvements in the last three academic years:
Upgraded technology in all classrooms; Upgraded technology in all labs; Install presentation center in AIT lab; Install plasma screens in various rooms.

Amount spent:
$  452,000

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI
Living MBA alumni:

Active MBA alumni clubs:

Countries in which MBA clubs exist:

Living MBA alumni who gave in past year:
7  %

Mean gift from MBA alumni:
$  257

Median gift from MBA alumni:
$  50

Did school receive an individual gift in excess of $10 million in the past academic year?
No

Business school endowment
$  20,000,000

Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni?
Yes

Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

University alumni networking site:
http://webcommunity.lmu.edu

Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

Business school alumni networking site:
http://linkedin.com

Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database?
Yes

CAREER SERVICES
  Do part-time MBAs have access to career development office?
Yes

If yes, at what point in the degree process are part-time MBA students able to use the service?
At any time

Are part-time MBAs permitted to interview for full-time jobs?
Yes

Are part-time students included in resume drops?
Yes

Organizations that send the most participants to the part-time MBA program:

Northrop Grumman

Raytheon

Kaiser Permanente

Anheuser Busch

Nestle USA

I felt strongly supported all thru the program, and as a full-time working parent this was important to me. Faculty members were accessible to meet in person or over the phone even on weekends to address my questions. This was new to me, coming from a public school, but most definitely welcome.

The classroom experience could have been improved by having mature students; or at least some level of post-undergrad fulltime employment should be required. Some discussions were weak because the kids just out of undergrad didn't contribute -- specifically in the management and leadership classes.

Loyola Marymount is a Jesuit institution. Other programs talked about how much their graduates made and the big companies they worked for. The Jesuit institutions also talked about ethics, social responsibility, and giving back to the community. That is why I picked them - I want to be better at what I do, not just make more money.

The strengths were that the professors were very familiar with the so-called "real world" and what they taught us easily applied to our work lives. They were also familiar with the current literature on their topics and they were able to introduce new ways for us to approach our work situations. The weaknesses were that some professors could be better communicators and could have done a better job of engaging the students in class.

The LMU community of faculty and students is outstanding. Since most of the students are part time, everyone brings relevant topics and examples to discuss in class. This is an education based on experience, not just theory.

I attended LMU's Part Time MBA program in order to expand my family's business, and I strongly feel that LMU's strong Entrepreneurship program has provided me with the necessary tools to turn my goals into a reality. There are several areas in which this MBA program excels, and I think that anyone wishing to pursue a career in business would certainly benefit from this program.

Sometimes the professors were a bit easy on us in terms of workload because they knew a lot of us work full-time and have families. The work was still challenging but could have been more challenging.

We had various guest speakers come to our school. A lot of them were CEOs or leaders in their industries. LMU also offered several seminars on career advancement and networking. We always have an annual MBA BBQ and commencement breakfast. On top of all that, four times a semester we have a "Food N Schmooze" and at the end of every semester and summer session we have a finals party. Each event is geared towards networking.

The program could improve on student and alumni interactions and better foster student interactions in the classroom.

LMU has a focus on their part-time program. Many schools I considered applying to have full time MBA programs at their core and offer a part time program. I felt that LMU has a part time program at their core while still offering a full time program as well.

LMU's flexible program allowed me to customize my schedule semester by semester. I was able to participate in their Comparative Management System program which allowed me to travel Asia and interview real estate development professionals.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看