返回列表 发帖
SCHOOL COMMENTS
School Comments:
For the applications deadlines question, the system would not let me enter the dates. The semester is Fall 2010, and the deadlines are Nov. 1, Jan. 2, and March 20./ For the question about new electives added to the full-time program, we would like to add these as well: Managerial Aspects of Legal Compliance, and Financial Markets and Public Policy in a Time of Crisis./ Data is not available to determine the number of internships that are paid./ Several Career Services questions were left blank to reflect CSC Standards.

There are more self-made successful people at Georgetown than I found at other schools, which means they are more down to earth, helpful, and hard-working. I couldn't imagine a better group of people with whom to share two difficult years of my life. -- Finance

Georgetown's MBA program helped me achieve my goals, but I have seen many classmates return to their pre-MBA employers because Georgetown did not help them advance in their careers. -- Consulting

Georgetown, regrettably, seems to be a "me-too" b-school. The level of education and instruction was below what should be expected from a school of Georgetown's stature. Some of the core course professors had no prior teaching experience. -- Finance

Ultimately, I landed a great position with a top management consulting firm, which is what I came back to school for. -- Consulting

The biggest complaint that many students have is the lack of strategic vision from the school. There have been three or four deans in a short period of time, and the school has not identified its core capability or its position among its peers. -- Finance

The courses challenged me, but not so much that I felt I could not complete the coursework. The class size was small enough that I knew everyone, but big enough that there were diverse experiences to learn from. -- Marketing

The quality of teaching could be better at a top 15 school. Also, recruiting is somewhat challenging because recruiter diversity is limited. -- Finance

While I am happy with my experience, Georgetown did not draw the marketing/brand opportunities that many other programs did. As a result, 85% of my internship search and 100% of my full-time job search was focused on non-Georgetown Career Management opportunities. -- Marketing

Georgetown is a smaller, intimate program that doesn't have the attitude of larger MBA programs. -- Marketing

As Georgetown climbs in the rankings, more high-quality companies are recruiting on-campus. For example, Goldman Sachs, Nike, and Yahoo all came here for the first time this year. -- Finance

Georgetown has a great international focus and is well-positioned in Finance, Marketing, and Consulting. Students have been extremely successful in landing internships and full-time jobs with companies that do not recruit on campus, largely because of the school's reputation. -- Investment Banking

The Washington, D.C. experience was great. I lived in Georgetown, next door to George Stepanopolous and around the corner from Bob Woodward, and I interned at a real-estate fund across from the White House. It was like living on a movie set. -- Consulting

The workload can be daunting because of the quarter system, and finals can clash with crucial recruiting times. -- Venture Capital/Private Equity

Being in D.C., we are close to a number of other key cities (i.e., NYC) and get great access to some of the best minds in the world. We have had on-campus events with people like Christopher Cox, Warren Buffett, Rupert Murdock, Jim Cramer, and Bill Clinton, to name a few. -- Investment Banking

The Georgetown MBA program is relatively young (~25 years old), and it operates in the shadow of the School of Foreign Service and the Law School. But the quality of education I received here was fantastic. -- Finance

D.C. isn't for some people, and highly competitive people aren't really appreciated in our culture. We like smart, capable people, but they better be nice and fun, too. -- Marketing

up

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看