返回列表 发帖

收到Darden面试邀请的同学参考一下这个案例--darden的面试要诀

给个简明的中文摘要:Darden面试成功要诀-说出自己的故事,射出强烈的秋波,让面试官发出拿什么将你遗忘的感叹

“Had my interview with a member of the AdCom this morning. Allinterviews are 100% blind, she knew nothing about me or my application.It started with her asking questions about my childhood, where I wasfrom, what my family was like, etc. We progressed through undergrad andmy career, but rather than focusing on "resume-type" accomplishments,we talked more about WHY I made certain decisions, and what matters tome.

We eventually got to "why MBA", but I was never directlyasked "why Darden". I tried to weave a few pieces of "why Darden" intoour conversation. Before I knew it 45 mins was up, she gave me theopportunity to ask questions....so we talked about job prospects for abit. After an hour we were still chatting, but she had to cut it off.

OverallI think (hope) it went well, but with interviews like this its alwayshard to tell. I forgot to mention a few things that I'd hoped to workin. Oh well.

My advice to those still yet to MBA interview:
-create a mini-list of items you for sure want to cover (interestinganecdotes), its easy to get caught up in the conversation, then beforeyou know it you missed your chance to talk about that interestingundergrad EC (since you're already talking about your job)
- beready to NOT talk about accomplishments, she almost seemeddisinterested when I did. I guess it makes sense, there is no point tojust regurgitate your resume during the interview - they already haveit on file. Talk about something ELSE, something interesting/dynamic
-do your homework and be able to convey sincere interest in the program(I honestly think this is a big part of the interview...they try togauge this)

She said her comments would be added to my overallapplication file, then it would undergo a final review and a decisionwould be made.

Thats about it I guess. Feel free to ask me any specific questions, I'd be happy to help out.

Ohand also, she said they release ALL decisions (including financial aid)on Jan 28th, so no crazy stressful hair pulling out for weeks on end(ahem...Kellogg...). I was happy to hear that.

Best of luck to everyone.”

希望对面试Darden的朋友有帮助!
收藏 分享
菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

面试其他MBA学校同样也有参考意义
菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

有很多tip确实不错

Darden的offer都发完了,anyway,谢谢分享

收藏了!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务