返回列表 发帖

麦凯恩败选感言演讲稿(中英文对照)

MCCAIN: Thank you. Thank you, my friends. Thank you for coming here on this beautiful Arizona evening.

感谢各位。非常感谢你们,我的朋友们。感谢你们在这个美好的夜晚,来到这里。

(APPLAUSE)

My friends, we have -- we have come to the end of a long journey. The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly.

我的朋友们,我们已经,已经走完了这次漫长的旅程。美国人民已经说出了他们的决定,说得非常清楚。

A little while ago, I had the honor of calling Senator Barack Obama to congratulate him. (BOOING)

刚才,我非常荣幸地给奥巴马参议员打电话,向他表示祝贺。

Please. To congratulate him on being elected the next president of the country that we both love.

祝贺他当选为这个国家的下一任总统,这个我们两个都无比热爱的国家的下一任总统。

In a contest as long and difficult as this campaign has been, his success alone commands my respect for his ability and perseverance. But that he managed to do so by inspiring the hopes of so many millions of Americans who had once wrongly believed that they had little at stake or little influence in the election of an American president is something I deeply admire and commend him for achieving.

This is an historic election, and I recognize the special significance it has for African-Americans and for the special pride that must be theirs tonight.

I've always believed that America offers opportunities to all who have the industry and will to seize it. Senator Obama believes that, too.

But we both recognize that, though we have come a long way from the old injustices that once stained our nation's reputation and denied some Americans the full blessings of American citizenship, the memory of them still had the power to wound.

我一直相信,美国为所有勤奋并愿意抓住机会的人提供了机会。奥巴马参议员也相信这一点。但我们都承认,尽管我们已经远离了以前的不公正,但他们的记忆仍能感受到所受到的伤害。这些不公正曾玷污了这个国家的名誉,剥夺了一些美国人应该作为美国公民应该享有的祝福。

A century ago, President Theodore Roosevelt's invitation of Booker T. Washington to dine....... at the White House was taken as an outrage in many quarters.

MCCAIN: America today is a world away from the cruel and frightful bigotry of that time. There is no better evidence of this than the election of an African-American to the presidency of the United States.

Let there be no reason now...(APPLAUSE)

Let there be no reason now for any American to fail to cherish their citizenship in this, the greatest nation on Earth. (APPLAUSE)

一个世纪以前,西奥多-罗斯福总统邀请布克-T-华盛顿在白宫共同进餐,这曾引起了许多人的愤怒。但今天的美国已经远离了那个时代的残忍以及可怕的顽固。再也没有比一位非洲裔美国人当选美国总统更能证明这一点了。我们要让所有的美国人都没有理由不珍视他们的国民身份,珍视这个地球上最伟大国家的国民身份。

Senator Obama has achieved a great thing for himself and for his country. I applaud him for it, and offer him my sincere sympathy that his beloved grandmother did not live to see this day. Though our faith assures us she is at rest in the presence of her creator and so very proud of the good man she helped raise.

奥巴马参议员实现了他个人的伟大目标,同时也实现了这个国家的目标。我为他鼓掌喝彩,同时也对他敬爱的外祖母没有活着看到这一天而表示真挚的同情。但我们的信念告诉我们,她一定是在上帝那里安息,一定会对她抚养长大的这位好人而感到自豪。

Senator Obama and I have had and argued our differences, and he has prevailed. No doubt many of those differences remain.

These are difficult times for our country. And I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face.

奥巴马参议员与我曾就许多分歧进行过争论,但他最终获胜了。毫无疑问许多分歧仍然继续存在。我们的国家目前正处在困难之中,但我今夜向他承诺,我将会尽我的全力来帮助他领导我们共同迎接目前面临的许多挑战。

I urge all Americans...(APPLAUSE)

I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.

我希望所有支持我的美国人,不仅仅是要和我一起来祝贺他,同时还要向我们的新任总统表达我们良好的心愿以及我们真诚的努力。以便大家一起就分歧达成必要的妥协,重新恢复我们的繁荣,在这个危险的世界上捍卫我们的安全,给我们的子孙们创造一个更加强大的国家,让他们在这个国家更好地生活

Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that. (APPLAUSE)

MCCAIN: It is natural. It's natural, tonight, to feel some disappointment. But tomorrow, we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again.

We fought -- we fought as hard as we could. And though we feel short, the failure is mine, not yours.

AUDIENCE: No!

MCCAIN: I am so...

MCCAIN: I am so deeply grateful to all of you for the great honor of your support and for all you have done for me. I wish the outcome had been different, my friends.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: We do, too (OFF-MIKE)

MCCAIN: The road was a difficult one from the outset, but your support and friendship never wavered. I cannot adequately express how deeply indebted I am to you.

无论我们存在何种分歧,我们都是美国人。今夜大家感到失望非常正常。但明天,我们应该摆脱这种情绪,共同努力使我们的国家继续前行。我们努力了,我们尽了我们最大的努力,尽管没有达成目标,但这一失败是我的,而不是你们的。对于有幸获得你们的支持,以及你们为我所做的一切,我表示最深挚的感谢。我的朋友们,我也希望结果不是这样的。这条道路从一开始就充满艰辛,但你们的支持与友爱从来没有动摇,我实在找不出任何合适的词语来表达我对你们的感谢。

I'm especially grateful to my wife, Cindy, my children, my dear mother...(APPLAUSE)

... my dear mother and all my family, and to the many old and dear friends who have stood by my side through the many ups and downs of this long campaign.

I have always been a fortunate man, and never more so for the love and encouragement you have given me.

You know, campaigns are often harder on a candidate's family than on the candidate, and that's been true in this campaign.

MCCAIN: All I can offer in compensation is my love and gratitude and the promise of more peaceful years ahead.

我还特别要感谢我的妻子辛迪、我的孩子们、我亲爱的母亲以及我的家人,同时还要感谢那些在这场跌宕起伏中始终站在我一边的老朋友们。我一直都是一个幸运的人,但迄今绝对没有任何事情可以像你们的爱以及鼓励那样让我感到更幸运。大家都知道,竞选对于候选人的家人来说往往显得更为艰难,在这次的竞选过程中同样如此。我所能补偿的,就是我今后的爱、感恩的心以及宁静的承诺。

I am also -- I am also, of course, very thankful to Governor Sarah Palin, one of the best campaigners I've ever seen...(APPLAUSE)

... one of the best campaigners I have ever seen, and an impressive new voice in our party for reform and the principles that have always been our greatest strength... (APPLAUSE)

... her husband Todd and their five beautiful children... (APPLAUSE)

... for their tireless dedication to our cause, and the courage and grace they showed in the rough and tumble of a presidential campaign.

We can all look forward with great interest to her future service to Alaska, the Republican Party and our country. (APPLAUSE)

当然,我也非常感谢佩林州长,她是我见过的最好的搭档之一。我还要感谢她的丈夫托迪以及他们5个美丽的孩子,他们为我们的事业作出了不知疲倦的努力,在这次的竞选中他们表现出了勇气和优雅的风度。我们所有人都期待她未来更好地为阿拉斯加州服务,为共和党以及我们的国家服务。

To all my campaign comrades, from Rick Davis and Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter, to every last volunteer who fought so hard and valiantly, month after month, in what at times seemed to be the most challenged campaign in modern times, thank you so much. A lost election will never mean more to me than the privilege of your faith and friendship.

I don't know -- I don't know what more we could have done to try to win this election. I'll leave that to others to determine. Every candidate makes mistakes, and I'm sure I made my share of them. But I won't spend a moment of the future regretting what might have been.

对于我们竞选团队的伙伴们,从迪克-戴维斯、斯蒂汶-斯米德特、马克-萨尔特,到在这场选举中所有努力工作的志愿者,我要说谢谢你们。和你们的信任以及友情相比,这场失败了的选举根本算不了什么。我不知道,我不知道我们还要多做些什么才能赢得这场选举。每一位候选人都会犯下错误,我可以肯定我也会犯错误,但我未来绝对不会对此感到有一丝的遗憾。

This campaign was and will remain the great honor of my life, and my heart is filled with nothing but gratitude for the experience and to the American people for giving me a fair hearing before deciding that Senator Obama and my old friend Senator Joe Biden should have the honor of leading us for the next four years.

这场选举过去和将来都会是我生命中的巨大荣幸,我的心中充满了对这种经历的感谢。美国人民在选择奥巴马参议员以及我的老朋友拜登参议员来领导美国的下一个四年之前,给了我一个倾听的公平机会。

(BOOING) Please. Please.

I would not -- I would not be an American worthy of the name should I regret a fate that has allowed me the extraordinary privilege of serving this country for a half a century.

MCCAIN: Today, I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much. And tonight, I remain her servant. That is blessing enough for anyone, and I thank the people of Arizona for it.

今天,我是我所热爱的这个国家的最高职位的一位候选人,但今夜,我却将仍然是她的一位仆人。这是对所有人的祝福,我想信亚利桑那州的人民会同意这一点。今夜,在我的心中,我比以往任何一个夜晚都更加深爱这个国家,深爱这个国家的全体国民,无论他们是投票支持了我,还是他们支持了奥巴马参议员。

(APPLAUSE)

AUDIENCE: USA. USA. USA. USA.

MCCAIN: Tonight -- tonight, more than any night, I hold in my heart nothing but love for this country and for all its citizens, whether they supported me or Senator Obama -- whether they supported me or Senator Obama.

I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president. And I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties, but to believe, always, in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here.

我向我以前的对手、未来的总统表示成功的祝福。我呼吁所有的美国人,就像我以前在竞选中说的那样,不要对我们目前的困难感到绝望,而要相信,一直相信美国的前景和伟大,因为没有什么事情是必然的。

Americans never quit. We never surrender. (APPLAUSE)

We never hide from history. We make history.

美国人绝不放弃,我们绝不投降!我们绝不逃避历史,我们创造历史!

Thank you, and God bless you, and God bless America. Thank you all very much.

谢谢。愿上帝保佑你们,愿上帝保佑美国。

收藏 分享

What to avoid

The Column shape sits gloves quite close to the body,2009 wedding dresses so if you have fuller hips, wholesale wedding dresses this will tend to emphasize them.

Avoid the Full Skirt if you mother of bride dresses are not full busted, as it 2009 wedding dresseswill make your bust look smaller. leather gloves If you are petite, avoid this option leather gloves because you will disappear into the dress! If you have wide hips, gloves factoryavoid the Full Skirt because it will over em

Separates help break up lines if you leather gloves use two different colours or patterns,bridal Gown which bridesmaid dress is ideal for tall brides who want to look shorter. A corset works well at tapering the bodice in to the waist, and is effective if you want to emphasize your bust.

Don't leave everything women's gloves uncovered unless it looks great wedding dresses -wedding dresses  there are plenty leather gloves of other styles to hide shorter necks, square shoulders or full arms.gloves factory If you have a very full bust, strapless 2009 bridesmaid dresses is unlikely to be able to give you the support you will need throughout the day.

If you are slim and want discount wedding dresses to look very chic,leather gloves the bias cut is for you. wedding dressesThis is the dress for the bride with the perfect figure. The bridal Gown bias cut flatters tall girls,bridal Gown but is also complimentary for a petite figure. The cloth of the bias cut is diagonal, giving a different f

If you have a fuller figure, you may choose not to have 2009 wedding dresses a dress whichcouture wedding dresses hugs the form gloves factory quite so closely. The tighter bodice will tend to draw wedding dress attention to a smaller bust.

Show off well-toned arms and wedding dresses beautiful shoulders and neck by wedding dress choosing spaghetti straps.wedding dresses These have a young and modern look and are very attractive on the right girl.

Shape Styles Sleeve Styles Neckline Styles Stylomatic bridesmaid dress

Halterneck tops expose 2009 bridesmaid dresses beautiful shoulders and well-toned wedding dresses arms, whilemother of bride dresses the continuity mother of bride dresses of line makes you look taller if you are petite.wedding Gowns The halterneck top echoes the lower half of the dress, so if you have 2009 wedding dresses slim hips the halterneck will be an excellent counterpoint.bridesmaid dresses There are many different variations on the halterneck style; collar with straps ,wedding dresses single strap wrapping round the back of the neck,gloves factory covered or wedding dresses exposed V to the bust. A halterneck style can also hide that little cheap wedding dresses underarm "pouch" that we discount wedding dresses are sometimes prone wedding dresses to!

Like the bias bridal Gown cut but with a straight weft and vertical seams,bridal gown the Column dress hugswedding dress the figure and looks great on tall, willowy women. This is the one to glove give you that catwalk look! The unbroken mother of bride dressesline will also work well for a more petite figure.

wedding dress style guide 

Beautiful asymmetric strap designs will distract from squarediscount wedding dresses shoulders, but there is a danger mittens that bringing the eye to the unusual diagonal look will prom dress emphasize the shoulders too.

akes tall brides look taller.discount wedding dresses If you have a marvellous figure and want gloves to show it off, a figure-hugging dress might be preferable, but it is difficult to find too much wedding dress wrong with the rincess style,flower girl dresses which is probably why 

If you have  a slim-hipped figure and a full bustmother of bride dresses, the Full Skirt shape will balance top and bottom perfectly, giving you that "fairytale bride" look. This style or rincess are generally discount wedding dressesthought of as the most romantic shapes.

A bias-cut dress hugs the hips,prom dresses so if you are fuller 2009 bridesmaid dresses in the hip, bridal gownavoid this style.mittens It will show off a cheap wedding dresses perfect curvy figure, but if there are flower girl dresses curves where you don't want them, they'll show too!

Use a strapless bra with wedding dresses spaghetti straps so that there are no bridal gown distractions. Keep angular couture wedding dresses shoulders or large arms covered up. Spaghetti straps also emphasize the neck, so be sure it looks good if you wedding dresses choose them.gloves You can also use a necklace effectively wedding Gowns to compliment the straps. discount wedding dress

This is another fairytale wholesale wedding dresses look. Starting wedding dress the waistline gloves factorybeneath the bust works well for smaller busts, and the long line makes petite brides look taller. For the ultimate romantic style, this one won't let you down. The Empire prom dress line with an A-line skirt will also do a marvellous job at bridal dresses concealing wider hips. prom dressesAn Empire bridesmaid dresses Line with a column skirt adds height and balances a smaller bust bridal gowns.

This is a fitted bodice shape with an A-line skirt. It hugs the waistwedding Gowns, so it flatters slim waistlines while making the most of the bust. If you have wider hips, leather gloves2009 wedding dressesthe A-Line will cover them up effectively

Perfect fitbridal gowns

so, you can 2009 bridesmaid dresses choose a wedding dress with capsleeves

Strapless Neckline discount wedding dresses

A Two-Piece dress, as in this picture, should normally wedding dressesbe indistinguishable from a complete dress, i.e. the corset and skirt shouldn't part company at the waist. A better discount wedding dresses fit can be achieved with separates, especially if you are not stock size. If you would like to show a bare midriff,flower girl dresses this will look better if it is well-toned.

Separates tend to emphasize the wedding dress hips because of the corseting,wedding dresses while a gap draws attention to the waistline, so if these are not your best prom dress features, separates may not be for you.

This is a particularly gloves factory elegant look if you have a long neck,discount wedding dresses good shoulders and well-toned arms. A strapless dress is a fine opportuni

The asymmetric design is an wedding Gowns unusual look which on the right glovefigure can be leather gloves particularly striking.bridal gown Beautiful wholesale wedding dresses shoulders and arms will look their best in this style, while the flaring skirt is good for hiding fuller hips.

Keep larger flower girl dresses arms covered up by couture wedding dresses choosing a wedding wedding dresses dress withwholesale wedding dresses  long sleeves, preferably with a looser fit. If you have broad shoulders, this style will emphasize them.

Use long sleeves to draw wedding dresses attention to your upper body, for bridesmaid dresses example if you have fuller hips.cheap wedding dresses Long sleeves will also conceal larger arms, wedding dresses and cover wedding dresses square shoulders. A pretty design will distract cheap wedding dresses the eye from any imperfections. Long sleeves will also save you discount wedding dresses from getting wedding dresses goose bumps if you have a winter wedding.

If you have well-toned arms, flaunt them! It would be a shame to gloves  cover wedding dresses them up with long flower girl dresses sleeves, however pretty the material might be. Don't 2009 bridesmaid dresses use long sleeves if you have a petite figure, because they will make your arms look longer and out of scale with the rest Use wedding dress short sleeves to show wedding dresses off well-toned arms.discount wedding dress They will help balance 2009 bridesmaid dresses small shoulders, too. Short sleeves help break bridal gown up wedding dresses the line, so if you are tall, short sleeves together with a wedding dresses suitable dress shape will make you look shorter.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看