返回列表 发帖

[分享]如何回答MBA essay中的几类经典怪问题

Those Wacko QuestionsIf you could be on the cover of any magazine, which magazine would you choose? What would be the headline associated with your photo and why?

If you were a character in a book, who would it be and why? What do you admire most about this character, and how does it relate to you personally and/or professionally?

If you could pick 3 guests for a formal dinner who would they be and why would you choose them?

What well known historical event would you have liked to have been involved in and why?

You might wonder, "What do these questions have to do with my qualifications for b-school? Or law school? Or med school? Or college?" Very little. But your answer can open a window into you, your interests, and your values-and getting to know you is what these essays are all about.

Of course for these essays to do their job you need to reveal something about yourself and not spray the protective fog of generalities and platitudes that some applicants like to hide behind.  Spraying such a fog is a big mistake. Don't do it. Use these off-the-wall questions to reveal what makes you tick.

These essays provide a great vehicle for discussing the non-professional, non-academic side of you.  So if you love running you can write about being on the cover of Runner's World and the challenges of breaking a five-minute mile. If you're a history buff, you can write about traveling with George Washington, Charlemagne, or whoever fascinates you.

Keep in mind that your reasons for choosing these particular people, objects, or events are as important as the choices themselves. Tie your reasons to your activities, values and interests by providing a few choice anecdotes and examples that illustrate your interests and show you leading, working on a team, communicating, and/or demonstrating the values and qualities adcoms hold dear.

I am occasionally asked, "What is most important when writing an application essay or personal statement?" I always answer, "You want your essay to reveal what is most important to you and distinctive about you."  Those "wacko" questions can surprise and frustrate, but they frequently provide you with an outstanding opportunity to discuss just that in an interesting way. Have some fun with them.

[此贴子已经被admin于2007-6-25 11:48:17编辑过]

收藏 分享
Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

thanks~
I want to be a kite, flying higher when the wind is harder.

以下是引用bigtrouble在2005-1-14 16:20:00的发言: 其实我觉得这类问题反而挺好回答的

分享一下你的经验吧

生活就是战斗。

thanks!

just need it. thanks!

thank you for sharing!

thanx!

thanks a lot!

thanks a lot!

拜读...

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭