返回列表 发帖

[申请攻略] MBA Admission tips: Waitlist Strategy

While the frustration in the first scenario is derived from a sense of helplessness, in the second, candidates tend to lament the lack of time in which to have accomplished anything significant: “What can I offer the MBA admissions committee as an update? I submitted my application three months ago!”

Well, first and foremost, if you have targeted any weaknesses, by retaking the GMAT and increasing your score, for example, or taking a supplemental math class and earning an A grade, the MBA Admissions Committee will certainly want to hear about this. Further, if you have any concrete news regarding promotions or assumptions of additional responsibilities in the community sphere, you should definitely update the MBA Admissions Committee on this news as well.

Still, even if you don’t have these sorts of tangible accomplishments, you still should have some news to share.  If you have undertaken any additional networking or have completed a class visit since the deadline, you can offer a window into your burgeoning interest. (When you are on a waitlist, the MBA Admissions Committee wants to see that you are passionately committed to the school.) Further, even if you have not been promoted, you can creatively reflect on a new project that you have started working on and identify the new professional skills/exposure that this project has provided (for example, managing people offsite for the first time or executing with greater independence). Finally, the personal realm is not “off limits.” So, you should feel free to discuss any personal accomplishments – from advancing in the study of a language to visiting a new country to completing a marathon (just as examples).

With some thought and creativity, you should be able to develop a concise but powerful letter, showing professional and personal growth, while expressing your sincere and increased interest in the school – all of which will fulfill your goal of increasing your chances of gaining admission.

收藏 分享

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看