返回列表 发帖

你好,hswang, 非常高兴你能提供一个这么好的机会。我的问题是,关于HBS. 是不是这所学校最注重或者只看重申请者的leadership?

谢谢,但是我很奇怪,你是怎么知道“5 people got kicked out this past year due to application discrepancies ”的?网上没看到过相关的传言啊?

Mr. Wang, 能否评估一下我的背景,看是否有实力申请排名最靠前的三所学校,i.e. Harvard, Standford or Wharton?

我的背景:

GPA 3.8 from a top Chinese university (Econ major) 670 GMAT , 630 TOEFL 3 years work experience at one leading multinational enterprise in Shanghai. 应该说我的本科成绩很不错的,但是我的GMAT成绩明显比上述三所学校的平均分要低30-50分。我有多大的希望呢?

谢谢你的热心咨询!

All throughout my undergraduate education, I never anticipated going to business school. Thus, I never really focused on grades. Instead, I started two companies - both of which failed, but generated sales of RMB 100k or so - and graduated in 3 years. In total, I earned a 3.0 from a not so famous university with a degree in Computer Science.

I worked as a software engineer for a while, but switched over to finance. I've worked my way up to a post where half of my peers and all my superiors have MBAs, so I believe the degree is essential for my growth. Also, since I don't have a business degree, I'm at a loss. I'm learning finance and accounting in my spare time. I will have 39 months of experience upon matriculation.

I took the GMAT just to get a sense of where I should apply. I got a 730 with an AWA of 5.0. I've painstakingly tweaked my essays and have support from management, who will write a strong recommendation.

A friend of mine was in a similar situation, but had a 3.2 from the same program and a 750 (4.5 AWA) on the GMAT. He was turned down from every school to which he applied. He aimed high and missed the mark. The top five schools on the west coast of US rejected him.

I'm trying not to make the same mistake as my friend.  Because of my GMAT score, I've started thinking I have a chance of getting into HBS - the stereotypical hail mary attempt. I know they focus on leadership, so I've gotten a book on leadership, outlined it, and taken notes. I draw my essays from reality, but frame my accomplishments using the keys to leadership.

Given that I have only a limited amount of space on the essays, what should I focus on? My companies failed, but they may have taught me a lesson. They aren't necessarily an indication of leadership. Also, do you think my GPA will be an issue? I have good GMATs, college-year entrepreneurship, and a 3-year work experience. Should I sweep this under the rug or hang it out as something to be proud of? Should I say, "I didn't let my schooling get in the way of my education?" (Mark Twain) I mention my GPA in the "weakest part of this application" essay.

If I had a 4.0, I'd be in a different boat. I just don't want to waste my time applying to a school that I have no chance of getting into.

Thanks in advance!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看