返回列表 发帖

Wang, 我有个问题,想弄清楚。 How important is it to apply in R1, particularly for HBS. 如果我赶第一轮有些仓促,那么是否最好等到第二轮呢?第二轮的申请是不是竞争性有所降低呢? Thanks in advance!

Hi, Mr. Wang

I have a question about the Stern application. They ask for a resume including educational and professional information, as well as an Employment History which includes responsibilities at each position. Its seems that the Employment History will be redundant with the resume. How should the two items be structured, in your opinion, to avoid this problem? Thanks in advance for your response.

mialanhero

本帖最后由 hsWang 于 2010-5-7 10:57 编辑

I am looking to apply to a few of the top 10 MBA schools in the U.S., but I have no post-undergrad work experience. How will this effect my chances of being accepted?

I will give you some background. I am a mature student (30 yrs. old) and I did have sales and purchasing background before going to university.I will graduate in May 2005. I am planning to take my GMAT this summer and I my goal is to score above 700. My GPA is just shy of 3.0 and I hope to improve upon that. I coach youth football in the university. I volounteer at the local food bank during the holidays and I will soon be a participant in the commerce society.

Will all of the above make me a strong candidate or is the work experience (lack there of) going to be too much of a factor to overcome?

The schools I am specifically looking at are Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, Duke, and Kellogg.

Thanks in advance.

I graduated from a well-known university in China. I have strong work experience, but my GPA is only 2.5.

Some one told me to make a fake of m undergraduate transcript. Surly I don't want to do that. But my low undergraduate GPA is really a problem, would you please help me find a way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

以下是引用hsWang在2004-8-25 11:59:00的发言: >

Thanks for your inquiry. As a general rule, it is always more advantageous to apply in the first round than the second. There are more openings for the incoming class and the admissions committees are trying to fill seats. At the most selective schools, round 2 is when the class becomes rounded out and the admissions officers really focus in on getting the right representation from demographic groups such as NY I-bankers and Indian IT applicants. There is no truth to the urban legend that the second round is less competitive than the first round. The admissions officers know what percent of good applicants apply each round and they adjust their targeted number of admissions offers to reflect this. Finally, a good applicant will make a convincing case for why he/she wants to attend XYZ b-school and why he/she has been proactive about wanting an MBA for a long time. Applying in round 1 will certainly help signal this point much more clearly than applying in a later round. In conclusion, if you have a good application put together for a top school, it will behoove you to submit it earlier than later. Best of luck with your applications! Sincerely,

H.S. Wang

Many, many thanks. This is really a great place! You, great too.

以下是引用hsWang在2004-11-10 18:52:00的发言:

Robert, thank you for the flowers. My efforts will be persistent。。。。。。。。。

[em48]
[em17][em17][em17][em17][em17]

wonderful to find such a place!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看