返回列表 发帖
Hi, I studied in France at got my Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering in 2008 with GPA > 3.5 and then worked in a Norwegian company as an engineering since 2008. During my study I did several internships in different countries, in France, United States and Singapore. However as an engineer with about 1.5-year experience I don't know my chance of getting into a Top 10 MBA. Any suggestions on how to demonstrate the leadership ability/potential? Thanks.

慕名而来,留个脚印,呵呵

Hi, I studied in France at got my Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering in 2008 with GPA > ...
ivychacha 发表于 2010-3-23 19:43

Hi, sorry for late reply. Actually, I was asked the same question millions of times by young applicants or those with less-than-2-year work experience. I understand them: with no official management title or no chance to lead. But leadership is nothing about "title" or "position". Even if you are an intern, you can "lead" senior colleauges or the top management. The key here is INFLUENCE! You can form influence by selling ideas, letting your voice heard, motivating others to achieve higher goals, mentoring others with what you know, and many things you're able to do with initiative. That's leadership potential that all b-schools are looking for from MBA applicants.

I hope I have been of some help to you.....

All the best!
H.S.Wang
Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

学习学习

Hi, sorry for late reply. Actually, I was asked the same question millions of times by young app ...
hsWang 发表于 2010-4-5 11:07

专业人士的专业回答

本科申请可以咨询吗?

申请本科?

你好,不知道现在还有解答吗?
我的情况是:
GPA:本2.6,硕3.3
工作经验:4年,500强台湾企业
职位:高级软件工程师,4年研发职位
GMAT:720  iBT:102
决心去美国读MBA,从事管理或咨询行业
不知道这样的背景申请TOP20的有希望吗?

你好,不知道现在还有解答吗?
我的情况是:
GPA:本2.6,硕3.3
工作经验:4年,500强台湾企业
职位:高 ...
alexkaka 发表于 2010-7-2 08:59

刚看完巴西被荷兰淘汰的比赛,说两句。。

首先需要肯定的是,你的各项硬件指标(除了本科GPA有点低,但不是致命伤)都满足进入top school的条件。但这并不意味着你一定能进。有一位某top school的admission director说过,申请我们学校的70%申请人都是qualified,但是我们只能录取10%的那部分最独特的、最有潜力的、能给我们的community带来difference的人。 所以,你该明白,不是不可以问诸如“我这样的条件可以进top20” 的问题,但更有意义的问题或事情是思考自己是否适合MBA、是否需要MBA?一旦这个问题想清楚了,就可以进一步思考如何向b-school推销自己、包装自己,使自己能够在众多的engineer申请人中stand out。祝好运!
Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

回复 244# hsWang

谢谢你的解答,我也是在想为什么要去读MBA。可能仅仅是想丰富自己的经历,当职业到了一定的时候发现很难再去进步了,这时候想去改变,给自己写挑战,给自己些动力。读MBA可能会给我一个更有发展的舞台,我不仅仅想局限于一点技术工作,不知道这样申请学校是不是肤浅。但有时候人的愿望就是这么简单。在国内磨到我这个工作年龄和状态的人,很难再想去说读MBA回报社会或以成为CEO为目标了吧

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看