返回列表 发帖
QUOTE:
以下是引用andydong在2007-1-25 1:11:00的发言:
Hi, hswang!
I have a question about Yale's essay--Personal Essay Topic

What are pitfalls one should avoid while writing this topic? I mean are there certain to that admission office does not want to see here? - is something as general but important as - what is important okay with admissions office?

Can you throw a light on this issue? I am in the midst of completing my application for applying to round 3 and I got sorta stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi Andy! Thanks for your question.

I am not too sure what the Adcom is looking for. However, I do believe that the personal essay is a great opportunity for you to communicate certain things that you would otherwise not have been able to. What I mean is that most B-schools would ask you specific questions for which you may not be able to give the best response possible. But here you have the option to frame your own question and give an appropriate response.

Here are a few tips:

1. Try to think of something which can make your application stand out
2. Be a little creative and try to avoid clichéd questions. (Do this only if you are able to think of good ideas)
3. You could also try and communicate what makes you unique or something that you are passionate about.
4. You may also want to share some of your experiences in life and how they have shaped up your views on life,career etc

In any case try to write what you want to write and not what others want you to!!

I would like to add a disclaimer here. You may want to take some 'expert' opinion from someone who has already rcvd an admit.

I hope I have been of some help to you.....

All the best!
H.S.Wang

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-1-25 2:15:14编辑过]

Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

QUOTE:
以下是引用hsWang在2007-1-25 2:13:00的发言:

Hi Andy! Thanks for your question.

I am not too sure what the Adcom is looking for. However, I do believe that the personal essay is a great opportunity for you to communicate certain things that you would otherwise not have been able to. What I mean is that most B-schools would ask you specific questions for which you may not be able to give the best response possible. But here you have the option to frame your own question and give an appropriate response.

Here are a few tips:

1. Try to think of something which can make your application stand out
2. Be a little creative and try to avoid clichéd questions. (Do this only if you are able to think of good ideas)
3. You could also try and communicate what makes you unique or something that you are passionate about.
4. You may also want to share some of your experiences in life and how they have shaped up your views on life,career etc

In any case try to write what you want to write and not what others want you to!!

I would like to add a disclaimer here. You may want to take some 'expert' opinion from someone who has already rcvd an admit.

I hope I have been of some help to you.....

All the best!
H.S.Wang

Thank you very much, Mr. Wang. You are so professional and warmhearted!

I will try according to your ideas.
Andydong

谢谢提供这么好的平台

打算明年申请

可是不知道该问些什么

[em04]

初来贵地,多多关照![em01]

路过

What a great place to consult about MBA application!!

Hi, I have some questions.
1, I got 760 in GMAT, master degree in UK, nearly 3years experience in a famous international corporation. But is it too late to apply for MBA in 2009?
2, I majored in computer science. Is that not good for applying MBA?
Thanks

申请09年是太晚了,

建议你申请10年的第一轮,把握会大一些

至于学计算机对申请MBA没有太大影响,主要看你的GPA情况

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

Dear wang,

I'm a forth year student studying marketing at a not famous university,and my GPA is about 2.9 without GMAT score(suppose it ranged from 650 to 700).But my last 2 years' GPA is above 3.5.The reason that my GPA is so low is that my first 2 years GPA is only 2.2,while after a lot of hard work my GPA in last 2 years finally soared to 3.5 as you can see.And I'm going to graduate this june.Can I apply top 20 or even top 10 USA b-school after working for 2--5 years? What category of corporate do I work for would really help my application?

Thanks a lot!

QUOTE:
以下是引用shenkangchao在2009-1-7 15:52:00的发言:
Hi, I have some questions. 1, I got 760 in GMAT, master degree in UK, nearly 3years experience in a famous international corporation. But is it too late to apply for MBA in 2009? 2, I majored in computer science. Is that not good for applying MBA? Thanks

Hi, sorry for late reply.

You have a very competitive background, but since there is little chance for international applicants to get admitted in Round Three, I strongly recommend you apply for Round One in 2009. Please remember the best time to act is when you're well prepared. For your second question, undergraduate major is for sure nothing relevant to admission decision. The adcom will only consider your GPA, and sometimes which univeristy you graduated from (famous institutes have some advantage). More important is your GMAT, your work experience (professional accomplishments), and how successfully you can market yourself through essay and interview.

Best of luck with your application!

H.S.Wang

Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看