返回列表 发帖

Hi,

I am very excited about the prospect of going to Business School. I have a few questions pertaining to where and if I am qualified enough to get in.

I'm thinking about going to get my MBA on a top 20 school. I currently work for a manufacturing company as an accountant for 2 years. I graduated from a non-famous univeristy in 2003 with a very low 74 GPA, but my major GPA (Economics) was around 80. I have scored a 640 on my GMATs. I am wondering:
1. If I have the qualifications to get into a top20 program in US?
2. If not, what can I do so I can eventually go for my MBA.

Many thanks
Whartoy

以下是引用whartoy在2006-5-27 2:06:00的发言:

Hi,

I am very excited about the prospect of going to Business School. I have a few questions pertaining to where and if I am qualified enough to get in.

I'm thinking about going to get my MBA on a top 20 school. I currently work for a manufacturing company as an accountant for 2 years. I graduated from a non-famous univeristy in 2003 with a very low 74 GPA, but my major GPA (Economics) was around 80. I have scored a 640 on my GMATs. I am wondering:
1. If I have the qualifications to get into a top20 program in US?
2. If not, what can I do so I can eventually go for my MBA.

Many thanks
Whartoy

Hi Whartoy and thanks for your inquiry.

Your work experience is a bit on the low side, assuming you have the average career progression as the typical applicant to these top schools. And I didn't get a good feel for your extracurricular activities and vow factor. In addition, your GMAT score would place you in an unadvantagerous position; you'd better re-take the test. Anyway, with a well-prepared application, you would be a strong applicant targeting top 20 schools.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,
HS Wang

Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

Hi Wang: Thanks for your comments and favorable advice!

I will do better job in my prepration.

Whartoy

新手上路,多多指教!

[em07]

Am I still qualified for an MBA considering my 35 age?

Thanks for your kind advice.

suppot!!!添一把柴火

my pleasure to be here and see so many useful information!

[em01]

how to contact you, mr wang?

may i ask what is my chance to get into top five?

Hi, hswang!
I have a question about Yale's essay--Personal Essay Topic

What are pitfalls one should avoid while writing this topic? I mean are there certain to that admission office does not want to see here? - is something as general but important as - what is important okay with admissions office?

Can you throw a light on this issue? I am in the midst of completing my application for applying to round 3 and I got sorta stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-1-25 1:13:51编辑过]

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看