返回列表 发帖
以下是引用leileilou在2005-8-19 2:49:00的发言:

Hi, H.S.W,
I'm interested in Oxford MBA. But I heard that
Oxford's program is very quantitative in nature. What US B-school would you compare it to. Also, what how quantitative is Cambridge?

Thanks

Thanks for your inquiry.

I'll stand by the statement that Oxford is very quantitative, but I'm not particularly comfortable comparing it to other schools as (a) all schools are relatively unique, (b) all selective schools have a pretty good amount of quantitative element in their curricula.

Cambridge is also a very challenging and rigorous program. This is very subjective, indeed, but I would venture to say a majority of knowledgeable opinions would agree Oxford's program is a bit more quantitatively focused than Judge/Cambridge.

If you would like to discuss the school selection process or admissions strategies, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

H.S.W

Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

以下是引用yqzheng在2005-8-23 12:25:00的发言:
Hi, I have one question:

Since I have been with my current company for 6 years, will that hurt my chances for HBS? I have made a nice progression through the ranks thus far, and plan on moving up some more over the next couple of years.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your inquiry.

While it's true that HBS tends to prefer younger applicants, your age will in no way work against you given your particular circumstances.

Sincerely,

H.S.W

I have a question to HSW:

How similar and/or dissimilar is HBS and Wharton in what they look for?

thanks,

Watergate

以下是引用watergate在2005-8-31 0:09:00的发言:

I have a question to HSW:

How similar and/or dissimilar is HBS and Wharton in what they look for?

thanks,

Watergate

Hi thanks for your question!

There are certainly some distinct differences between the two schools in seeking applicants. For exampls, HBS looks for applicants with younger age, strong leadership potential, and commitment to changing the world. Wharton looks for those with long years of professional experience, leadership, and innovation etc.

However, a complete discussion of what these schools seek is well beyond the realm of this discussion board thread.

Sincerely,

H.S.W

Here is my question:

My first 2 years of undergrad I didn't take too seriously, and had a 2.6 GPA. Since that time, I got my act in gear, and completed my degree in Accounting with a 3.5 GPA. My question is, will my lack of focus on my first 2 years hurt my chances of getting into HBS or Wharton or Magic Seven? I have a 710 on my GMAT, good work experience and really good extra-curricular volunteer work activities. Or, should I set my sights a little lower?

Thanks!

以下是引用leileilou在2005-9-1 21:23:00的发言:

Here is my question:

My first 2 years of undergrad I didn't take too seriously, and had a 2.6 GPA. Since that time, I got my act in gear, and completed my degree in Accounting with a 3.5 GPA. My question is, will my lack of focus on my first 2 years hurt my chances of getting into HBS or Wharton or Magic Seven? I have a 710 on my GMAT, good work experience and really good extra-curricular volunteer work activities. Or, should I set my sights a little lower?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your inquiry!

Each year, quite a number of applicants will get into HBS and Wharton with lower GPA and GMAT combinations and the first 2 years of your transcripts can be easily mitigated. Moreover, assuming you have a good career progression, extracurriculars, and other terrific factors, I see no reason why you can't be competitive at these top schools.

Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you would like truly expert assistance with your b-school applications.

Sincerely,
H.S.W

HSW, you're a Real Man!

I like this forum!

I have a few questions regarding the b-school application process and some strategies I can take to improve my candidacy. Here are my "stats" and I've narrowed my B School choices down to Harvard, Wharton, Columbia and Chicago. I'm going to apply for Fall

GMAT - 740 (96% V, 90% M)

Undergrad GPA - 78 from PKU undergrad, Finance major)

W/E- Consultant in a consulting firm since 2000. Promoted to Senior Analyst and then Associate in 3.5 years.

Xtra Curriculars -A Finance Professionals Association (founding member), Volunteer,Basketball coaching

I'd like to gauge my chances at getting into those schools. I've also seen some advice on building an alternate transcript and wonder if I need to go down that route.

Thanks in advance!

以下是引用Mikech在2005-9-5 23:10:00的发言:

I have a few questions regarding the b-school application process and some strategies I can take to improve my candidacy. Here are my "stats" and I've narrowed my B School choices down to Harvard, Wharton, Columbia and Chicago. I'm going to apply for Fall

GMAT - 740 (96% V, 90% M)

Undergrad GPA - 78 from PKU undergrad, Finance major)

W/E- Consultant in a consulting firm since 2000. Promoted to Senior Analyst and then Associate in 3.5 years.

Xtra Curriculars -A Finance Professionals Association (founding member), Volunteer,Basketball coaching

I'd like to gauge my chances at getting into those schools. I've also seen some advice on building an alternate transcript and wonder if I need to go down that route.

Thanks in advance!

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.

Based on the little information here, I think it will be much easier to argue you are a good fit for Wharton, Columbia and Chicago than HBS. Please note I'm not saying you have no chance at HBS, but I don't see the key factor that successful HBS applicants possess in the limited information presented above.

Your extracurriculars and career progression are probably the strongest parts of your application and your GMAT will go a ways towards mitigating concern about your academic qualifications.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,
H.S.W

以下是引用eilliytia在2005-9-8 22:27:00的发言:

I am about to graduate with a bachelor's degree in computer science at a key national university with a 3.7 gpa. And I am going on to get my masters in computer science at the same university.

I want to one day go to a top business school, the best i can get into I think is magic seven. What should I do now and in the future to get there in a few years? When would be the best time for me to go?

Thanks.

Thanks for your quesiton.

These are some very vague questions and, therefore, very difficult to answer in this type of forum. My first concern is why you are going to get a masters in computer science if you already know you want to get an MBA. Depending on the story you spin in your applications, you may risk coming across as a degree collector/professional student.

Business schools look for a whole host of things including career progression, extracurricular activities, GMAT, etc. I don't know enough about you to tell you anything more detailed than this right now.

You should, quite simply, apply to business school when you feel you are ready. This will depend on your future career goals, career progression, and numerous other factors as well.

Best regards,

H.S.W

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看