返回列表 发帖
以下是引用foolstar在2004-10-19 10:31:00的发言: 我是2001年毕业于国内top3 学校,后在五大会计师事务所工作了两年,然后辞去了工作, 准备GMAT和申请。我的GMAT成绩是720,TOEFL 640。GPA 3.5我去年申请了一次,但连面试都没有争取到。请问我这样的情况,今年如何准备? 谢谢

Thank you for inquiry!

Frankly speaking, you're a qualified candidate for a top b-school. You have good undergraduate studies background, excellent employer, fairly good G/T scores. But you failed last year. I think a quite possible reason is your rash preparation in essay writing. Most applicants would make this mistake. Another reason might be you gap since you resigned from the public accounting firm. You might have failed to well explain it.

For the application this year, I suggest you find a company that could supply proof when neccessary. But in doing so, don't re-apply the schools you had applied last year. The the next step is to prepare your essays with 10000% efforts. If you realize that you could not present striking essays, then find a reputed writing service institute for editing or consulting service. This will be more helpful for you than fumble by yourself. Should you need our service, please reach directly.

Best of luck with your applciation!

Sincerely,

H.S.Wang

Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

以下是引用BOYKING在2004-10-19 11:16:00的发言:

Hi, Mr. Wang, thanks for offering such a wonderful place!

I am assistant VP and marketing manager in a local company, but i hope to get higher development. I have got master dgree in a Chinese famous university. Can i be successful If i apply to top20 b-school?

Hi, Boyking. You have good position, which can well demonstrate your leadership skills. Your academic background is good too. But I don't know your GMAT/TOEFL score and any other things. Since successful application depends many factors, I can't give you a confirmed answer for your question. But I think you are a promising candidate if your are willing to invest suffiicent time and energy to your application, with right attitude.

Best of luck with your future application!

Sincerely,

H.S.Wang

以下是引用lakegirl在2004-10-19 12:51:00的发言:

add my information here: my GMAT 690, TOEFL: 620, GPA:3.4

what's my chance to get into a top b-school?

Hi, Lakegirl.

Surely you have a good chance to get into a top school according to your basic information. But the success is left to your big efforts in choosing match schools and preparing application materials, especially admission essays. Once you have done it well, you are halfway to be an MBA student in a prestigious businees education center.

If you have questions on the details how to prepare your application, please contact me freely.

Good luck!

H.S.Wang

以下是引用foolstar在2004-10-22 11:31:00的发言: hi, wang, could you tell me what do the different MBA rankings mean? thanks.

A very interesting question!

MBA rankings are just one source of information you should consider in evaluating schools. The difference between one publication's MBA rankings and another's is as simple as what information they collect, how they collect it, and how they weight it. At the end of the day, though, they want to sell more of their publications. The fact is that most of the top MBA programs stay at the top; shifting is slight and not always due to overwhelming changes at a school. It's important for you to do your own research about the school you want to attend, because the rankings information is not tailored to you and your needs. Did you know that sometimes a good school won't get ranked because the alumni base is not deemed large enough? There's only one ranking that should count—your own! Hope I've helped you clarified it!

Sincerely,

H.S.Wang

Question about optional essay and round of application

想请问一下,optional essay是最好写还是不写。我听一个很老道的朋友说,一般要写的话,都是解释一下你weak的方面,比如为什么gmat不高,GPA很低,工作了那么久或那么短......所以如果你没什么weak的话,最好不写。是这样么?

还有他说第一轮申请比第二轮更好,是这样的么?

请帮我指点一下啦!谢啦!

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-11-6 2:01:39编辑过]

以下是引用bluesyy在2004-11-6 2:00:00的发言:

想请问一下,optional essay是最好写还是不写。我听一个很老道的朋友说,一般要写的话,都是解释一下你weak的方面,比如为什么gmat不高,GPA很低,工作了那么久或那么短......所以如果你没什么weak的话,最好不写。是这样么?

还有他说第一轮申请比第二轮更好,是这样的么?

请帮我指点一下啦!谢啦!

Thanks for your questions. (Sorry for reply in English, but I think it can better express my thoughts and ideas.)

The optional essay is a place where you can explain something that is important but that wasn't addressed elsewhere in the application. And it doesn't have to be about something negative (though it usually is). If you think you have soemthing as good as a favorable addition to to your former essays, then do it. It may help build yourself a multi-dimentioanl image.

For example, if in your former essays, you have focused too much on professional experience, then it is somewaht necessary to tell some community service stories in the optional essay. At this moment, it's better than explaining some weakness or leaving it blank. Anyway, don't ramble on, but be brief and to-the-point.

There are no obvious advantages or disadvantages between Round-1 and Round-2. Some schools even declare that they admit the same sumber of applicants in each round. But for international applicants like you(if you are in mainland), pls don't submit your application in Round-3. It depends much more on good luck than your strengths.

If you want to apply top schools for 2005, you still have time. You can submit your personal information to our free evaluation system. We can give you a brief but comprehensive evaluation, and some constructive advice. The link is http://www.topway.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=871 Or you can further contact me for any available help from our profesional service.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

H.S.Wang

hsWang, thank you so much for being so responsive!

In this case, I see what you mean. But in my case, I believe that I have already described a full myself in my previous essays, professionally and personally, and I cannot figure out what to write further in my optional essay. Is it better for me to write something more? Is admission committee would prefer to read this optional essay, which, I think, may mean that I have more interest in the school? If I dont write anything, do you think there will be any problems?

As my friend said, he did not encourage me to write if I dont have anything more special to say. After reading an optional essay I write, he commented that I just repeated myself. So in this case, what do you think? I am just worried that if I do not write that article, it would deduct some value from me overall.

Thank you for your help!

以下是引用bluesyy在2004-11-6 18:07:00的发言:

hsWang, thank you so much for being so responsive!

In this case, I see what you mean. But in my case, I believe that I have already described a full myself in my previous essays, professionally and personally, and I cannot figure out what to write further in my optional essay. Is it better for me to write something more? Is admission committee would prefer to read this optional essay, which, I think, may mean that I have more interest in the school? If I dont write anything, do you think there will be any problems?

As my friend said, he did not encourage me to write if I dont have anything more special to say. After reading an optional essay I write, he commented that I just repeated myself. So in this case, what do you think? I am just worried that if I do not write that article, it would deduct some value from me overall.

Thank you for your help!

Here I'd like to repeat what I've mentioned above: "The optional essay is a chance that you take to explain something that is important but that wasn't addressed elsewhere in the application" . If you believe you've done everything well in other essays, and you have no obvious weakness, then leave it blank. Don't write anything redundant that may add to admission officer's reading burden. I think they will appreciate your consideration.

You have no need to worry anu deduction of your overall value, since you have shown them well enough in other essays. "one optional essay mean that I have more interest in the school" is unnecessary. You should explain it well in the essay" why this school".

Good luck!

Sincerely,

H.S.Wang

thank you so much for your answer. you provide reasons and sound more convincing than my friend. so i will go on with my other essays. thank you so much!

以下是引用bluesyy在2004-11-6 23:49:00的发言: thank you so much for your answer. you provide reasons and sound more convincing than my friend. so i will go on with my other essays. thank you so much!

You're welcome! I look forward to good news of your application.

Sincerely,

H.S.Wang

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看