返回列表 发帖
以下是引用tommy0124在2005-10-10 14:21:00的发言:

还有香港考TOFEL需要哪些证件?

网上看了但是讲述内容针对面广,不知道是说什么证件!

急啊

谢谢

You need to hold "港澳通行证”, which is issued by "出入境管理处"。

Besides it, i suggest you to take all certificates you have, such as 身份证,护照,单位证明信, etc. I believe if you are prepared to suc degree, no trouble would stand in your way.

For more details for taking TOEFL in Hong Kong, you may refer to this article: http://bbs.topway.org/dispbbs.asp?boardID=68&ID=31877&page=1

Best regards,
H.S. Wang

Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

以下是引用eilekioa在2005-10-16 0:49:00的发言:
Hi,
I have graduated with a Bachelors in Biology. But, I became unmotivated to go and my areas of interest changed as I finished up my degree. I have become interested in real estate. I was wondering if it is possible to get into a masters in real estate development, if I have a background in the biology and chemistry area.

I have also thought about getting a MBA in Health care field? What would you recomend based on my background? Which field has the most potential in the future, How is the pay in each particular field?

Thanks!

Thank you for your questions!

I must admit I am not an expert career consultant. But I would share my two cents on your case. Since you want to develop in real estate, you can combine biology and geology. For example: what about a company that builds cities in China, and makes them safer for the people. In these times of national emergency, water, food and air are concerns for people and where they live.

MBA can be general enough to help run the companies to make it a safer world. This would give you a chance to angle into a career that is still hot all over the world.

Sincerely yours,
H.S.Wang

以下是引用gaoleming在2005-10-25 12:18:00的发言:

Hi, HSW!

Please advise me on the best approach for "weakness" questions. We all have them but is there a trick or best approach on addressing weaknesses? I have read essays where people talk about how they have a temper issue or are judgemental.

But seriously are these "real" weaknesses or just character issues? No one ever writes about how they lack proper management skills or technical expertise, etc.

If one were to reveal the latter ones, is that the WRONG type of weakness to reveal? Please help!!

Hi, thank you for your questions.

Indeed, everyone has weaknesses, but why most schools ask such question? The reason is simple----to test whether you have the sense of self-awareness, whether you are honest, and whether you are mature......

So feel free to mention your real weakness (the ones needed to avoid mentioning include: ethichal problems; inability in quantitive analysis, and lack of leadership potential), and more important, you must also emphasize that you've taken initiative to make improvements in the weak areas.

Best of wishes to your essay writing and application!

Sincerely,

H.S.W

以下是引用Justly在2005-11-6 11:32:00的发言:

I have two questions...

1. About what round to apply in, I've heard a few theories. On one hand, I've heard Round 1 admissions generally have higher acceptance rates, but on the other hand, this might be due to the fact that there are several other stellar 4.0/800 applicants from the I-banks who are applying in that round. I am an I-banker, so my chance in round 2 would be hurt?

2. If interested in obtaining an position in Europe immediately upon graduation, what is the difference between a European business school and applying to a US business school and coordinating an international job search from here?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Justly, thanks for your questions!

1. This is an urban legend. The schools have very detailed historical records and they know that each year roughly x% of their best applicants apply in round 1 or round 2. Hence, they tend to admit applicants along the same lines.

The only ounce of truth to this is that there are a very small number of admissions committees who actually use a rather rigid approach when determining the number of applicants to accept in each round. The number is very small though and we consider those schools' identities to be proprietary as we are certain no one else comes close to matching our extensive network.

At these very few schools, if you wait until round 2, you are hoping they don't get as many highly-qualified applicants in round 2 and the school is "stuck" taking you as they already passed over more qualified applicants in round 1.

2. You would be better off attending a school in Europe if that is your main consideration. You will have a stronger network and the European recruiters will take you more seriously.

Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you would like professional assistance. We do have European b-school admission experience.

Sincerely,

H.S.Wang

以下是引用Clemons在2005-11-16 13:57:00的发言:

Great service!

MY BACKGROUND

I graduated in 99 with a degree in Operations Management and have moved up the Ops corporate ladder over the past six years. I started as a production planner, working for the Intel Corporation, and worked up to Master Scheduler, Planning Program Manager, and finally as a SAP Business Analyst for the Materials Management and Production Planning modules. I have several corporate awards where I can demonstrate leadership in the positions I have held and regularly work with statistical models at work. I have also received two highly sought APICS certifications in the Operations world. My cumulative GPA is 3.2 and my most recent GMAT was 640. I only spent a month preparing for the GMAT and feel that I could score an additional 30-40 points with some study.

QUESTION

What additional steps would improve my chances at going to MIT and Carnegie Mellon? I personally believe they have the best Ops program in the world, but am curious how many Ops guys apply for these spots and how competitive it is.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Clemons,

Thanks for your inquiry and compliment!

Since you are confident you can boost your score by 30 or more points, I encourage you to retake the GMAT. The good news is you are getting a head start on the process and you should have time to take the GMAT, develop a solid story, and submit applications by the round 2 deadlines.

You're asking a good question. In the applicant pools at Sloan and Tepper, I believe you can be very competitive, particularly with a higher GMAT score and your highly analytical work experience. The biggest concern I see from this admittedly brief blurb is a potential lack of extracurricular activities.

Best of luck with your application!

Sincerely,

H.S.Wang

以下是引用harmong在2006-1-8 3:46:00的发言:

我们的首席顾问跑哪去了???

I've a lot of quesitons waiting for you..

I am back.

You're welcome!

以下是引用diatomss在2005-12-6 19:09:00的发言:

I have one question: It seemed my application to Columbia, Duke, MIT has no hope, so I guess my competence is not strong enough for top 10. Do you think I should lower my target in Round TWO?

My background is as follows: big four accounting firm; 3 years; G: 700; T: 620.

Thanks a lot!

What's you result?

Sorry for my late response.

以下是引用creativity在2006-4-23 10:49:00的发言:
so great find such a place!

You're welcome!

以下是引用whartoy在2006-5-27 2:06:00的发言:

Hi,

I am very excited about the prospect of going to Business School. I have a few questions pertaining to where and if I am qualified enough to get in.

I'm thinking about going to get my MBA on a top 20 school. I currently work for a manufacturing company as an accountant for 2 years. I graduated from a non-famous univeristy in 2003 with a very low 74 GPA, but my major GPA (Economics) was around 80. I have scored a 640 on my GMATs. I am wondering:
1. If I have the qualifications to get into a top20 program in US?
2. If not, what can I do so I can eventually go for my MBA.

Many thanks
Whartoy

Hi Whartoy and thanks for your inquiry.

Your work experience is a bit on the low side, assuming you have the average career progression as the typical applicant to these top schools. And I didn't get a good feel for your extracurricular activities and vow factor. In addition, your GMAT score would place you in an unadvantagerous position; you'd better re-take the test. Anyway, with a well-prepared application, you would be a strong applicant targeting top 20 schools.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,
HS Wang

QUOTE:
以下是引用andydong在2007-1-25 1:11:00的发言:
Hi, hswang!
I have a question about Yale's essay--Personal Essay Topic

What are pitfalls one should avoid while writing this topic? I mean are there certain to that admission office does not want to see here? - is something as general but important as - what is important okay with admissions office?

Can you throw a light on this issue? I am in the midst of completing my application for applying to round 3 and I got sorta stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi Andy! Thanks for your question.

I am not too sure what the Adcom is looking for. However, I do believe that the personal essay is a great opportunity for you to communicate certain things that you would otherwise not have been able to. What I mean is that most B-schools would ask you specific questions for which you may not be able to give the best response possible. But here you have the option to frame your own question and give an appropriate response.

Here are a few tips:

1. Try to think of something which can make your application stand out
2. Be a little creative and try to avoid clichéd questions. (Do this only if you are able to think of good ideas)
3. You could also try and communicate what makes you unique or something that you are passionate about.
4. You may also want to share some of your experiences in life and how they have shaped up your views on life,career etc

In any case try to write what you want to write and not what others want you to!!

I would like to add a disclaimer here. You may want to take some 'expert' opinion from someone who has already rcvd an admit.

I hope I have been of some help to you.....

All the best!
H.S.Wang

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-1-25 2:15:14编辑过]

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看