返回列表 发帖

也谈MBA成功录取6大要点--康奈尔招办主任

Natalie Grinblatt Director of admissions Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University

"Candidates need to tell their story succinctly and well. I realize the word limit for our essays is challenging. However, if you can't get your message across directly, the competition will. Flowery language does not fit well with business writing.

"Beware of fatal flaws. Some candidates make minor mistakes in the application that can lead to a denial. For instance, your computer's spell-check will not pick up the term, 'my roll as a manger.' We see this quite often. Proofing your essays and resumes for typos and grammatical errors should be a given. The other big problem we see is what I call the cut-and-paste fiasco, when people use the same response on all their applications but fail to change the school names. No school wants to see that their competitor is the 'only school for you.' I see this mistake in more than three dozen applications each year. Right there the credibility is shot. In addition, we know the candidate did not answer our essay question.

"Candidates sometimes get tripped up when we ask to which other schools they have applied. We are looking for a consistent theme here or at least valid decisions for applying to the schools. But do not by any means cut down other schools in order to highlight the desire to attend our program.

"Don't leave holes in the application. If you can't ask your supervisor to write a letter of recommendation, explain why. If there are too many unexplained holes in the application, it does not bode well for you.

"For recommendations we suggest a direct supervisor. Others can be someone you know from community service, a former supervisor, a client or a supplier. We prefer you stay away from personal references and peers, as we feel the recommendation is not as objective. Family members are a big no-no. I once read a reference from a father who did not recommend his son for admission. I understand they are no longer speaking to each other.

"In the interview, we may ask questions regarding current business events such as the Enron situation. So, the candidate should scan their most recent issue of The Wall Street Journal. We are also going to assess interpersonal skills. Remember: strong handshake, eye contact and good energy."

收藏 分享
Your future. Our mission.
MySpace: http://forum.topway.org/sns/?11416
WeChat:6711025
Weibo:  laowang_topway

ding!![em08]

UP! 
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

it seems not so many chinese applicants like cornell.

bucuo!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看