学校评审委员除了注重申请人呈现的自己,也相当重视教授或主管的观点:评估这位申请人的特质,以及将来在学术和专业领域内发展的潜力。

· 推荐信必须由具有公信力的人撰写才有信服力。评估申请人是否具备未来发展必要的学术或专业资格。
· 推荐人必须诚实、真正了解申请人的学经历,且推荐信内容一切需以「事实」为依据。
· 推荐信内容应当与申请人所缴交其他信息中对于自己的描述「不相抵触」,而且要「相互呼应」。
· 避免过度笼统和陈词滥调。
· 好的推荐信应当由具备相当知名度、且与申请人熟识的人撰写。申请人的长官、同事、或学校里的老师是最佳人选。相处时间够久,写的推荐信才有价值。
· 推荐人的学术领域或技术背景最好是与申请人申请科系相同。另外亦可委托与学校当局或学校评审委员关系密切的人撰写。
· 好的推荐信应当可以解答学校评审委员在审查申请书时会发现的一些问题。
· 推荐信的重点应该放在学校评审委员最认为最重要的消息。如果你申请的科系以专业知识或实用性为主,主管或公司同事是比老师更好的推荐人人选。相反的,如果你申请念 Ph.D. 或以学术为主的科系,教授对于您学术资格的评估则较具可信力。
· 推荐人评估申请人的基准应当在推荐信中详细写出。例如,推荐人过去五年内任教的大学中,申请人在教过学生当中确切的排名;或是申请人的业绩占公司前一年总营业额的百分比。

推荐信的结构:
第一段:
· 推荐人与申请人的关系。
· 推荐人是在什么环境下认识申请人,以及相识多久。
· 申请人希望申请的哪一个学期和科系。
第二段:
· 推荐人对申请人资格评估。
· 推荐人初识申请人时,对他有何特别的印象。
· 举例证实推荐人对于申请人的评估结果。
第三段:
· 对于申请人个人特质的评估。如:沟通能力、成熟度、抱负、领导能力、团队工作能力,以及正直等),或是有哪些需要改进的地方。

结论:
· 推荐人对于申请人的整体评估。
· 评估申请人完成学业以后,未来在个人和专业上的发展。
· 申请人会为这个科系及团体带来什么贡献。
如何得到能提高录取机会的推荐信:
· 花一些功夫阅读和研究,你想申请的每所学校对于推荐信的要求。
· 要充分了解自己及打算申请的科系。
· 拟出工作项目及时间表。
· 找出 3 到 5 为可能的推荐人。与你熟识、容易联络,而且肯定你资历的人是较佳人选。

你必须事先和每一位推荐人沟通自己希望出国留学的理由、人生计划,以及对推荐信内容的要求和期望。
· 最后再根据各人的时间安排、配合意愿,以及对你个人资历的肯定度来决定由谁写推荐信。
· 提供每位推荐人一份履历表、自传、成绩单、专业证件及相关个人信息,并且详细列出撰写
· 推荐信撰写的注意事项,如申请书缴交期限、特别注意事项、以及学校提出的问题。
· 与各推荐人保持联系,提供必要的信息和看法,并且确认每封推荐信皆能如期完成。
· 最后记得向每位推荐人致谢,感谢他们付出心力为你撰写推荐信。

范本 :
To Whom It May Concern
It has been a great pleasure for me to work with Ms. Cheng Lok Yiu, who has been a marketing officer with our company between the year 1999 and 2003.
As a marketing officer of our company, Ms. Cheng is responsible for a number of job duties ranging from promoting our company products, exploring and establishing business relationship with potential clients.
Apart from being a good team member, Ms. Cheng also displayed considerable initiative and approached her work thoughtfully and intelligently. Ms. Cheng also impressed me of being able to rise above the call of duty on certain occasions and was more than capable of taking up extra responsibilities.
Your favorable consideration and assistance to Ms. Cheng will be very much appreciated.
Yours faithfully,
Agnes Chow
Head
Marketing Department
Super-smart Corporation

失败的推荐信范例

Dear Sir:

It is my pleasure to recommend Mr. Fu-ping Wang for his application to graduate studies in your school.

Mr. Wang has been my research assistant of the National Science Council's project "The United States and the United Nations' Financial Crisis: The Role of U.S. Congress" since September 1997. His major responsibilities include information collecting, analyzing and translating. He is an enthusiastic and progressive young man with extremely high potentiality. Mr. Wang is not only quick at learning and good at solving difficult problems, but also with a logical mind that enables him to effectively analyze difficulties. All the work handed to him was completed satisfactorily. Actually, he is so reliable that I assign him with heavy responsibilities. With his help, I have been able to spend more time in writing the research paper. I really consider myself very fortunate to have such a capable assistant.

I am certain his diligence, coupled with a good competence and pleasant personality, will assure him of academic achievements in his future academic pursuits. I strongly recommend his admission without any reservation.

Sincerely yours,

Chung Wei-kuo

Research Fellow and Professor

The Institute of European and American Studies

Academia Sinica

Dr. S推荐信分析:

您觉得这封推荐信怎样呢?Dr. S认为,如果这是一封为秘书介绍新工作的推荐信,那还可以接受;不过对於对於申请研究所来讲,就似乎不太够力了。首先,这封推荐信犯的一个大忌就是不够明确。

从信中我们只看到推荐人很努力地用了一大堆形容词,试著告诉入学评审委员,这个申请人很「聪明」、「很热心」、「很有潜力」、「很有分析能力」云云,相关的例证却付之厥如;接著,这封信又未能指出这个申请者这些特质与将来的研究领域有何相关,只说在这个申请人的帮助下,他可以专心在研究工作上,言下之意似乎就是告诉对方这个申请者是一个很好的秘书,而非一个有前景的研究生。

其实,只要多用一点心思,换个观察角度,单纯、琐碎的助理工作一样也可以表现出这名申请者在与研究所有关方面的能力。比方说,推荐人不妨强调他之所以雇用这个人为研究助理,是因为这个助理以前曾做过与他目前的研究领域相关的怎样的报告,表现出申请者在这个研究领域已具备的基础知识或是研究潜力。又以资料搜集的工作为例,可以强调这个这个申请者如何善用某些方法,将资料作有系统的分析整理等。

(内容由GoStudy学习情报网提供)

推荐信范例

University of International Business and Economics
Beijing 100029, P. R. China
Sept. 28, 2006

Dear colleagues:

This is to recommend Ms. Shan Shan, a graduate from this university’s department of International Business Management, for acceptance into your MBA program.

I have known Ms. Shan as a resourceful and goal-oriented individual since 1990, when she attended a lecture I delivered, at which she asked perceptive and challenging questions. Although she did not officially take a course with me, she often consulted me on issues arising out of her studies. I therefore have come to know her well. I feel strongly that Ms. Shan’s unusual talents and abilities will stand her in good stead for a quality MBA education, which should serve as a major boost to her career.

While at this university, Ms. Shan was an outstanding student, boasting excellent performance in all subjects of her studies and demonstrating great potential. Her overall GPA ranked her among the top 3 in her class of 40 students. But Ms. Shan was no bookworm devoted exclusively to exams. She read extensively in subjects outside her major, particularly in business law, marketing, finance and journalism, all of which seemed to be fascinating to her. In recognition of her intellectual strengths, the department offered, at the time of her graduation, to accept her into its graduate without the normally mandatory examinations. She, however, turned down the offer. A highly independent woman, she already had her own agenda set. She wanted to obtain practical management experience first and then proceed to pursue a Master’s Degree in Business Administrative in your country. She apparently made the right decision, for she has since become one of our most successful graduates in her crop of students.

Ms. Shan is good at communicating in both oral and written English. Some of he most important undergraduate courses were taught by American professors, many of whom considered her oral English as native and her written English as standard. I am sure that she has since improved her English a lot more in her professional life.

In Ms. Shan, we all saw an optimistic and easy-going character. With highly unusual determination, she is not to be daunted by any difficulties. She believes that, with hard work, she can achieve anything she wants. I think her confidence in herself is well grounded in her track record, especially when considering the fact that she entered into this university as the daughter of a most impoverished family, but graduated as a top student.

Judging by what I know of her, I think Ms. Shan is fully qualified to pursue an MBA degree in your program. I therefore recommend her with enthusiasm. And I shall greatly appreciate if you can favorably consider her application for admission and financial aid.

Yours sincerely

收藏 分享

谢谢分享

thank you for sharing this

收藏

mark

哈哈,我再mark一下

谢谢

mark

谢谢

谢谢

返回列表