返回列表 发帖

[分享]如何解决Essay写作的转承?

Applicants writing essays face a traditional problem: how to fit disparate experiences into a coherent whole.

You have a few options:
  1. Focus on one event or experience so that you minimize the problem.
  2. Discuss 2-3 experiences and unite your essay with a clear theme and effective transitions.
Transitions are words, phrases, or sentences that tie paragraphs together thematically. You can join them by comparing and contrasting, or connect different topics or ideas in terms of theme, influence, setting, or chronology. Here are a few suggestions and examples:   
  1. Let's say you want to switch from a discussion of your professional experience to one of community service in an essay on leadership. You could talk about common experiences in both types of leadership, or contrast the difficulty of leading in a professional versus volunteer setting. If the preceding paragraph discussed professional leadership, the new paragraph could begin like this: "The techniques I used in leading my software development team proved equally effective in a tougher volunteer setting."
  2. If you focus on certain qualities as a communicator participating in college debating teams, you could transition to your professional sphere by starting the new paragraph as follows, "Later, I used these same skills as a senior consultant for ABC Consulting."
  3. If you are writing an essay about someone who influenced you, you can describe that person's attributes and then segue to the inspiration provided by your mentor. For example, to start a paragraph following the paragraph about a mentor, you could write, "Jack set an example of initiative that inspired me to launch my own business and start a community foundation." Then proceed to discuss your initiatives in business and community service.
  4. You can also use a critical word or image from an earlier experience to relate that experience to something you want to discuss in your new topic.
收藏 分享

good article!

thanks!

Good~Thanks!

谢谢楼主的经验贴

many thanks

。。。。。

我来搜集资料!

谢谢分享

谢谢卤煮分享

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭