返回列表 发帖
Last curriculum revision: 2009
Recent curriculum changes: Required new Core Course titled "Ethics and Globalization" - new MBA students take the course in their first semester in the program.
Concentrations and specializations offered to part-time MBAs:

Accounting
Economics
General Management
Operations Management
Finance
International Business
Marketing
Other
Additional concentrations offered:
Business of Health
Information Assurance
Tourism Destination Development
Project Management
Real Estate Finance

Does the B-school offer an accelerated part-time MBA program? Yes
Leading areas of study:

Accounting
Finance
Marketing
General Management
Other
Graduation requirements:

Students must have attended a minimum number of classes
Students must have earned a pre-determined GPA/Letter grade average

Credits required to graduate: 36

TECHNOLOGY

Technology improvements in the last three academic years: Created the Financial Studies Center (includes computers, TVs, stock tickers, etc.); created Advanced Laboratories for Infrastructure Assurance and Security (ALIAS); computer classrooms upgraded; added servers to the Citrix environment (to increase research capabilities); added a DAE to Storage Area Network.
Amount spent: $879,000.00

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI

Living MBA alumni: 3,409
Active MBA alumni clubs: 1
Countries in which MBA clubs exist: 1
Living MBA alumni who gave in past year: 3 %
Mean gift from MBA alumni: $241.00
Median gift from MBA alumni: $51.00
Did school receive an individual gift in excess of $10 million in the past academic year? No
Business school endowment $7,113,197.00
Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni? Yes
Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site? Yes
University alumni networking site: http://alumni.utsa.edu
Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site? Yes
Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database? Yes

CAREER SERVICES

Do part-time MBAs have access to career development office?
Yes
If yes, at what point in the degree process are part-time MBA students able to use the service?
At any time
Are part-time MBAs permitted to interview for full-time jobs? Yes
Are part-time students included in resume drops? Yes
Organizations that send the most participants to the part-time MBA program:
USAA 16
Valero Energy 4
Tesoro 3
H.E.B. Grocery Company 2
Lockheed Martin 2

The program provided an excellent curriculum, especially with regard to the concentration in Infrastructure/Information Assurance.

Strengths: Adjuncts/Business professionals in the field of study bringing relevant and timely material to the learning environment. Weaknesses: Some faculty members did not consistently bring relevant, timely material to the learning environment, because they seemed out of touch current issues in their industry (too book focused at times).

UTSA's program gave me the flexibility needed to keep my current job and it really helped me find myself and determine the direction I want to take in life - personally and career wise. It was a growing experience and very useful.

The professors not only taught material but had valuable life lessons to incorporate.

The professors are great, especially the finance professors. They know finance inside out and can relate it to the industry.

The combination of affordability, flexibility, and quality of the program make it an easy choice to make if you have to work and pay your way through school.

I would've liked more in depth case studies and a wider selection of electives.

As far as the part-time nature, the day-to-day experience solely consisted of attending class in the evening. That type of experience really couldn't be improved. Valet parking, perhaps...

Most of the instructors had worked in business settings and understood the real world. They were able to communicate key points that I'll remember for the rest of my life. They understood that most of us worked full-time and were flexible in our school assignments.

The flexibility and classroom experience was difficult but very rewarding.

The program went above my expectations and was incredibly flexible. The class schedules worked well and I was always able to get the classes that I needed, when I needed them. The professors were extremely experienced in both the professional and academic environments and offered a lot of great real world experience/advice.

Strength: In general the staff demonstrated true expertise and built a curriculum that was very conducive to learning and applying the course material. Weakness: Because the program focuses so greatly on working students, some courses were light on external project work that provides hands on knowledge transfer.

The program needs more external projects that require application and research. An example is a business plan for a real company. This is offered in the Management of Technology masters program and is an elective in the MBA program...it should be required for all MBAs. The end to end experience I had in the course was the most rewarding I had at UTSA.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看