1. We never condone violence. 对暴力我们绝不姑息。
2. I prefer to live in a world of my own. 我喜欢活在自己的世界里。
3. There’s a time and place. 总得分场合啊。
4. Don’t put all your goods in the window. 不要锋芒毕露。
5. You can’t bend people to your will. 你不能把意志强加于人。
6. You should take the pills on an empty stomach. 药得空腹吃。
7. It’s a real body blow. 这真是沉痛的一击。
8. I’m loath to do it. 我实在不想干。
9. You’ve made your point abundantly clear. 你的意思我很清楚。
10. You better have a booster. 你最好打一剂加强针。
1. Don’t fatigue yourself unnecessarily. 不要累着自己。
2. I’m disoriented. 我不知何去何从。
3. You’ve got sex on the brain. 你满脑子都是男女之事。
4. Don’t mix with those low life. 别跟那些人渣打交道。
5. I’m never going to live it down. 我以后没脸见人了。
6. You’re just a copycat! 你只知道模仿别人。
7. He’s a trimmer. 你特会见风使舵。
8. Horses for courses. 术业有专攻。
9. Many students were mown down. 很多学生被屠杀。
10. The play was a total flop. 演砸了。
1. It’s just chickenfeed for him. 对他来说,那点钱只是九牛一毛。
2. Your house would be repossessed. 你的房子会被收回的。
3. You might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. 一不做,二不休。
4. He’s world-weary and cynical. 他愤世嫉俗。
5. Our teacher is a real disciplinarian. 我们的老师很严厉。
6. They work hand and glove. 他们狼狈为奸。
7. It happened more by contrivance than by chance. 这事有人设计。
8. Temper your criticism. 批评不要太尖锐。
9. We have to scale back. 我们得缩小规模。
10. You’ve got goose bumps. 你都起鸡皮疙瘩了。
1. He is the alpha male. 他是老大。
2. There’s a Trojan horse. 有内奸。
3. Things are looking black. 前景不妙。
4. No room to swing a cat. 连个站脚的地方都没有。
5. It is my baptism of fire. 这是我的第一个挑战。
6. The man is paralytic right side. 他右半身麻痹了。
7. I support you unequivocally. 我明确支持你。
8. The firm lacks cohesive force. 公司没有凝聚力。
9. I’m ravenous. 我快饿死了。
10. I refused point-blank. 我断然拒绝。