返回列表 发帖

GWD逻辑BF题,救命……

During the past year, Pro-Tect Insurance Company’s total payouts on car-theft claims were larger than the company can afford to sustain.Pro-Tect cannot reduce the number of car-theft policies it carries, so cannot protect itself against continued large payouts that way.Therefore, Pro-Tect has decided to offer a discount to holders of car-theft policies whose cars have antitheft devices.Many policyholders will respond to the discount by installing antitheft devices, since the amount of the discount will within two years typically more than cover the cost of installation.Thus, because cars with antitheft devices are rarely stolen, Pro-Tect’s plan is likely to reduce its annual payouts.

In the argument above, the two portions in boldface play which of the following roles?

A. The first rules out a certain strategy for achieving a goal; the second presents the strategy that was adopted instead and whose effectiveness the argument assesses.

B. The first is a judgment made in support of a certain conclusion; the second is that conclusion.

怎么会是A?第二个才是某个战略啊!
收藏 分享

Didn't you ask this question before?  "Reducing the number of car-theft policies it carries" is a strategy, which would not work.

ok, i see! so, the first one is a strategy which would not work, it is still a strategy!!! is it the GMAT style? i don't need to read so deep when i do the BF questions?

For BF questions, most often you need to know the relationship between the two BF's. In addition, you need to know the main point of the paragraph. In the above question, two BF's are both policies. One works, one does not.

ok, i got it! thanks!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看