返回列表 发帖

ask for help

Aristotle wrote that a tyrant would be well advised to put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. subjects are more tolerant of unjust treatment form a ruler whom they consider god-rearing and pious.Moreover as most subjects believe that een hte gods are on the side of the ruler, the subjects are less apt to move against him,
(A) The subjects of tyrannical rulers typically believe that there is a power other than the mortal.
(B) A tyrant cannot rule unless he has divine power on his side.
(C) The subjects of tyrannical rulers can rarely be fooled by appearances.
(D) Tyrants who are dovoted to religion will not treat their subjeccts unjustly.
(E) For a tyrant, the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion is a more effective means of ruling than unjust treatment.

the answer is choice A.

Please help me:
how to discriminate between assumption and inference?
When I deal with this kind of question,that I apply the tenet that to add " not"  is to weaken the conclusion makes me more confusing. it seems as if  excepting C,almost other choices were right.
收藏 分享

thanks! i got it.

题目是问什么?assumption 吗?如果是问assumption ,则选项应为A
On the first hand, to find assumption,compare the terms in the conclusion with the terms in the evidence。then ask yourself:“what‘s missing?”。Almost everyGMAT argument contains a logical gap between the evidence and the conclusion。the assumptions are what fills that gap。

On the other hand, on the inference questions, you can treat the entire stimulus as evidence and draw your own conclusion。
hope the explanation give you some help!
Robert之家-----我的家园

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看