返回列表 发帖

求教两道题 以及 ASSUMPTION类型的解法

George:Some scientists say that global warming will occur  because people are releasing large amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere by burning trees and fossil fuels. We can see ,though,that the predicted warming is occurring already.In the middle of last winter,we had a month of springlike weather in our area.and this fall,because of unusually mild temperatures the leaves on our town's trees were three weeks late in turning color.

Which one of the following would it be most relevant to investigate in evaluating the conclusion of George's argument?

A  Whether carbon dioxide is the only cause of global warming.
B  When leaves on the trees in the town usually change color
C What proportion of global emissions of carbon dioxide is due to the burning of trees by humans.
D  Whether air pollution is causing some trees in the area to lose their leaves.
E  Whether unusually warm weather is occurring elsewhere on the globe more frequently than before.

A 为什么不对?

Despite the approach of winter,oil prices to industrial customers are exceptionally low this year and likely to remain so.Therefore,unless the winter is especially severe, the price of natural gas to industrial customers is also likely to remain low.

Which of the following, if ture,provides the most support for the conclusion above?

A  Long term weather forecasts predict a mild winter.

B  The industrial users who consume most natural gas can quickly and cheaply switch to using oil instead.

Therefore,unless the winter is especially severe,A 不是就是这个条件吗?

大家谈谈自己怎么做ASSUMPTION的题目吧,我老错。谢谢。
收藏 分享

我也觉得选E比较有道理……否则这道题为什么加这个前提呢……

Therefore,unless the winter is especially severe“ contrary to A.
怎么会了?不是说,, 如果冬天不冷---->NATURAL GAS价钱不变吗?

还有第一题,你对了,是选E。

“Therefore,unless the winter is especially severe“ contrary to A.

大家谈谈自己怎么做ASSUMPTION的题目吧,我老错。谢谢。

Assumption is the act of taking for granted, or supposing a thing without proof; supposition; unwarrantable claim.

通常,我们使用取非法

1. I think E is correct.
A is wrong.
because Georage argue that "We can see ,though,that the predicted

warming is occurring already.In the middle of last winter,we had a

month of springlike weather in our area.and this fall,because of

unusually mild temperatures the leaves on our town's trees were three

weeks late in turning color."

What we need to evaluate this part not the scientiest's prediction. A

is irrevelent to Georage's argument,so we can easily get it out.

The most important thing is that we have to know is what we should

focus on.  I think Boldface items are very helpful.

Hope that's helpful. If I am wrong, let me know.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看