返回列表 发帖

一题逻辑

Which of the following, if true, most logically completes the passage?

A recent poll found that over 80 percent of the residents of Nalmed Province favored a massive expansion of the commuter rail system as a means of significantly easing congestion on the province’s highways and were willing to help pay for the expansion through an increase in their taxes.  Nevertheless, the poll results indicate that expansion of the rail system, if successfully completed, would be unlikely to achieve its goal of easing congestion, because _______.

A.    most people in favor of expanding the rail system reported less congestion during their highway commute as the primary benefit they would experience
B.    of the less than 20 percent of residents not counted as favoring the expansion, about half claimed to have no opinion one way or the other
C.    the twice-daily periods of peak congestion caused by people commuting in cars have grown from about an hour each to almost two and a half hours each in the past 20 years
D.    expanding the commuter rail system will require the construction of dozens of miles of new railbed
E.    the proposed expansion to the commuter rail system will make it possible for some people who both live and work at suburban locations to commute by rail
我看了看,只能选A,从相关性的角度来看,但是当我带入原式后,我又理解不了这种逻辑,求教解释,谢谢
收藏 分享

I just modified my explanation to correct some mistakes I made during the first try.

既然大多说人不支持,那为什么上文又说大多数人同意,并且还愿意为此付钱呢?不矛盾么?

The logic goes as the following:
The goal of the expansion is to ease the congestion. But according to

A), most people think the benefit of such an expansion is to ease

congestion they would felt (on the road). Thus, these people are hoping

that everyone else would use the new rail system and leave the empty

road for themselves to drive at top speed. Quite a selfish motive, but

not-the-less logical. Therefore, they would not use the new rail system.

Since most people would not use the expanded rail system and keep on

driving, the congestion on the road might remain a problem.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看