返回列表 发帖

OG12 CR 第115题

Caterpillars of all species produce an identical hormone called “juvenile hormone” that maintains feeding behavior. Only when a caterpillar has grown to the right size for pupation to take place does a special enzyme halt the production of juvenile hormone. This enzyme can be synthesized and will, on being ingested by immature caterpillar, kill them by stopping them for feeding.

Which of the following, if true, most strongly supports the view that it would NOT be advisable to try to eradicate agricultural pests that go through a caterpillar stage by spraying croplands with the enzyme mentioned above?

(B) Many agricultural pests do not go through a caterpillar stage
(C) Many agricultural beneficial insects go through a caterpillar stage

我选了B,答案选C,我理解为什么选C可以,但为什么B不能选呢?这道题目在讨论杀害虫的问题,B不是更直接么?
收藏 分享

According to OG:
E is wrong because:The mere lack of current production facilities does not mean that it would be inadvisable to
develop and use the spray in the future.
However in my opinion, I think E is not the right answer, because it contradict the premise
stimulus: cause enzyme can kill all the pests that go though a caterpillars stage,
             conclusion: enzyme should be used to eradicate pests
potential assumption: there are enough synthesized enzyme
For E: there is no enzyme ---> So it is wrong

But I am not sure whether there are some flaws in my reasoning,
If so, please corret me``thanks a lot!

E的选项不是针对问题的情况讲的吧。。

请问一下这题的 (E)    Although the enzyme has been synthesized in the laboratory, no large-scale production facilities exist as yet. 为什么不可以的。。OG 的解释是现在不能生产不代表以后。。有点模糊。。。。求解释~~

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看