Yes

Year in which the undergraduate business program was founded:

Institution:
Four Year

Business program:
Two Year

Degrees offered:

Degree/Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
收藏 分享

The business program at UNC is very unique because it is a liberal arts university. In order to apply/ graduate from Kenan-Flagler you need to have taken classes in many different departments. After your second year at UNC you apply to the program. The last two years are almost all business classes that really challenge students to work together to learn how to correctly and effectively solve situations and challenges.

The diversity is amazing- it's like walking into an airport, you hear so many different languages and observe so many different cultures.

The fact that the Business School is completely separate from main campus with MORE resources that are higher in quality than main campus-- the school becomes the physical locus of our studies, work, group activities, etc. It's alot like a workplace. I don't know if many undergraduate business programs offer such an amazing place to learn and grow as the McColl building.

I think our business program is unique because it is very practical. In the Kenan-Flagler BSBA program, it's not all about working individually; you also have to learn how to work in teams. I think this is important because that is what is going to happen when we get jobs. Also, in the business school, the professors are really accessible, and if you don't understand something, then the teachers are more than willing to work with you outside of class to make sure you grasp the information.

They have tons of job opportunities and info sessions for finance and consulting careers, but hardly anything for marketing and sales. Very Disappointing!

Kenan-Flagler has a great network of alumni and companies that continue to recruit students year after year. I feel that being one of the strongest undergraduate programs in the Southeast really helps, especially with companies based in the area. The program also focuses on leadership development and teamwork which I have found are two of the most distinguishing factors in the real world.

I cannot imagine a more balanced program. The students are bright, motivating, and outgoing. The facilities are innovative and new. The faculty lead their respective fields.

The economy has really hurt the budget lately. In years where more funding is available, the program is truly outstanding.

As is, Kenan-Flagler is 2.5x better at everything than the rest of the University. We are almost separate schools. The buildings are not even comparable in design quality. The professors are exceedingly more experienced, and receive salaries that demonstrate their superiority. I love Kenan-Flagler. I want to be buried in the front lawn outside McColl building.

Undergraduate business has left a bad taste in my mouth. I assume that this is not because of my specific school, but because of the way undergrad business programs are structured in general. Aside from learning a plethora of buzz words and a few quantitative skills that I've already forgotten, I can honestly say that the past two years were a total waste of my time. I put in countless hours of hard work and will graduate with no skill, only general business knowledge that I would have eventually gained through on-the-job training/work experience anyways. Giving undergraduates the option of majoring in the mind-numbing subject of business should be forbidden at all schools.

Great facilities! I love having classes in the business school and studying there rather than at the library or on main campus. One major problem I have with my undergrad business experience is the lack of geographical diversity and industry diversity of the recruiters. A large majority of the recruiters are from the Southeast area and the quality and diversity of recruiters that come are not that great for areas other than finance or consulting.

All students in the business program graduate with a degree in Business Administration, not finance or marketing or operations. Kenan-Flagler is focused foremost on producing well-rounded business people with excellent leadership potential. Students often do concentrate in a specialty area however.

Our college's academic and career advising services are the envy of the rest of campus.

Through my participation in the Kenan-Flagler Business School program, I was able to participate in a unique global program GLOBE (Global Learning Opportunities in Business Education). Through this program I have been able to optimize access to highly qualified professors, global teams, and international business experience both at the Kenan-Flagler Business School, but also internationally recognize schools such as Copenhagen Business School and the Chinese University of Hong Kong.

INTERNSHIPS
Number of companies recruiting interns on-campus, 2008-09 academic year:

Companies posting internships on job boards, previous academic year:

Top internship recruiters, 2008-09:

Bank of America Corp.

Philip Morris

Credit Suisse Group

General Electric

PricewaterhouseCoopers

Morgan Stanley

Nike

Wells Fargo

Other Internship Recruiters:
Northwestern Mutual Financial Network 4 University Directories 4 Accenture 2 Geico 2 Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina 2 Franklin Street Partners 2

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
80  %

Mean internship compensation per week:
$  550

Median internship compensation per week:
$  480

Average internship, in weeks:

Grads accepted jobs in following industries:

Accounting: 1  %
Consumer Products/Retail: 8  %
Consulting Services: 23  %
Financial Services: 33  %
Government/Education: 5  %
Pharma/Biotech/Health: 2  %
Manufacturing: 7  %
Media/Entertainment: 2  %
Petroleum/Energy: 0  %
Real Estate: 1  %
Sports/Leisure: 0  %
Technology/Science: 3  %
Non-Profit: 2  %
Transportation: 0  %
Utilities: 0  %
Other: 13  %

Percentage of job acceptances, US and Canada:

US: 98  %
Canada: 0  %

Grads accepted jobs in the following US regions:

Northeast: 17  %
Mid-Atlantic: 22  %
Midwest: 2  %
South: 53  %
Southwest: 4  %
West: 2  %
US Possessions/Territories: 0  %

Top hiring firms:

Bank of America Corp.

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

International Bus. Machines

General Electric

Morgan Stanley

Credit Suisse Group

Goldman Sachs Group

PepsiCo Inc.

Philip Morris

Other Hiring Firms:

Navigant Consulting
Teach for America
Neiman Marcus
Huron Consulting Group

Graduate compensation:

Mean base salary: $  52
Median base salary: $  55
Mean signing bonus: $  6
Median signing bonus: $  5
Mean other guaranteed compensation: $  18
Median other guaranteed compensation: $  12

Grads accepted jobs in following functional areas:

Consulting: 27  %
Finance/Accounting: 45  %
General Management: 4  %
Human Resources: 0  %
Management Information Systems: 0  %
Marketing/Sales: 18  %
Operations/Production: 0  %
Logistics/Transportation: 0  %
Other: 6  %

CAREER SERVICES
Percent of 2009 graduates who provided employment information:
76  %

Seeking full-time employment in business: 71  %
Not seeking full-time employment in business: 29  %

Number of companies recruiting undergraduate students on campus in previous academic year:

Companies posting full-time job offers on school job boards, previous academic year:

Career services provided for business majors:
Undergraduate Business Symposium, Alumni Databases, International Internship Opportunities, Leadership Development, Career Expos (4 annual), Career Panels & Workshops, Networking Nights, Mock Interviews, Interview Stream, NYC Interview Day, Access to Online Career Exploration Tools, Archived Job Postings, Resume Referrals, 1:1 Counseling, Career Testing, Resource Library, Resume Creation Tool, Employer Contact Mining Tools, Career Consultants

Job offer results, 2009 graduates:

Received first job offer by graduation: NA  %
Received first job offer in three months following graduation: NA  %
Received first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: NA  %
Did not report having received a job offer: NA  %
Accepted first job offer by graduation: 85  %
Accepted first job offer in three months following graduation: 12  %
Accepted first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 3  %
Did not report having accepted a job offer: NA  %

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务